OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

Finally some pictures lol yo audin13 quick question bro, in your personal opinion, does the gold swoosh disappoint ? Man ... i'm still on the fence with these
ya a little it is not as bright as i expected, but the red is very bright like it should be, the swoosh on the toe box is perfect and the lion lace lock is also very golden, its just the swoosh is to dull. overall i would say 8/10. 

any ideas how

research a few pages back where dc30 just put the paint source...then go multiple pages back and look for KVNs tutorial on how he painted his.

or

just take it to someone.

i would post the links, but you gotta do your own research bro

as stated before, the gold swoosh complaint isnt a new one.

ya a little it is not as bright as i expected, but the red is very bright like it should be, the swoosh on the toe box is perfect and the lion lace lock is also very golden, its just the swoosh is to dull. overall i would say 8/10. 

Might have to pull the trigger then. I just need to find gold metallic paint of some sort. :rolleyes

Don't use rustolem gold paint or paint pens. Try looking for gold acrylic paint to use a brush with, it'll be a lot easier then spraying t on. Or find someone who can airbrush, should be a simple job. Lots of customizers on ig that would do it

My boy just got my elites in and snapped a quick pic for me. Ill take Dslr pix when I get them in next week

Ooooohhh WEEEE!!!

Lookin good my man. Nice choice. Red Carpet's do NOT disappoint! :pimp:

Might have to pull the trigger then. I just need to find gold metallic paint of some sort. :rolleyes

Don't use rustolem gold paint or paint pens. Try looking for gold acrylic paint to use a brush with, it'll be a lot easier then spraying t on. Or find someone who can airbrush, should be a simple job. Lots of customizers on ig that would do it

I've been searching for a better metallic gold option and have found plenty of acrylic options, but none of them really seem like they'd be heads above what we are currently getting from NikeiD at the moment...IMO, and anybody feel free to jump on this, espeically KVN since you've already done the repainting of the gold swoosh, it seems like the actual Nike release pairs are more gold PLATED than painted. Now if someone can source a useable plating product or technique, then we'd all be in business.

After the Final's pair that was just posted I think I'm going to leave the gold as is, just work on the other stuff. If I do, however come across a better gold option I will post up here. :smokin

These look good bro, thanks for posting.  Gold swoosh doesn't look that bad on the elites, looks duller on the regular ID's for sure. 

I did pretty much the same design, except black liner, black and red speckles, and solid gold outsole.  Can't wait for them to get here. 

Last edited:
These look good bro, thanks for posting.  Gold swoosh doesn't look that bad on the elites, looks duller on the regular ID's for sure. 

I did pretty much the same, except black liner, black and red speckles, and solid gold outsole.  Can't wait for them to get here. 
You sound like the bottom of your kicks are gonna be made out of pure 24k gold. 
grin.gif

I don't have any experience using it, but gold leaf might be a option as well. I was hoping acrylic gold paint with glossy finish would make it shiny like a gold plated look.

Thanks for the thoughts on my red carpets! i can't wait to see them in person. Right now, I'm not feeling the Lebron XI and think I'll stick with the X's before they take em down.

I don't have any experience using it, but gold leaf might be a option as well. I was hoping acrylic gold paint with glossy finish would make it shiny like a gold plated look.

Funny you say that because last night after those Finals iD's were posted I went straight to Google. Also found gold leaf paint. My girl said the builder of her last house used it on some of the trim, but the paint pen and looked like a cross of the GM and Elite 9 swoosh. I have a random lace lock lying around so I'm gonna try to paint that today and I'll post results when finished.

Funny you say that because last night after those Finals iD's were posted I went straight to Google. Also found gold leaf paint. My girl said the builder of her last house used it on some of the trim, but the paint pen and looked like a cross of the GM and Elite 9 swoosh. I have a random lace lock lying around so I'm gonna try to paint that today and I'll post results when finished.
Very interested in this idea...I may have to do some "test" paint jobs on a few old Nike Swooshes around the house prior to doing my elites.  LeBron X lace locks is a good idea, I have a ton laying around, I always take them off the shoes, pain in the butt when lacing up.  

Already had my boy post these for me when dudes were asking about the blacked out air bag, but wanted to repost under my own (newly acquired) account. 

But with all this gold swoosh disappointment/talks of painting I figured these might be somewhat relevant again in that regard.  

Pics taken on my iPad... apologies 

Already had my boy post these for me when dudes were asking about the blacked out air bag, but wanted to repost under my own (newly acquired) account. 

But with all this gold swoosh disappointment/talks of painting I figured these might be somewhat relevant again in that regard.  

Pics taken on my iPad... apologies 

Welcome bro and nice iD's. But all this iPad picture talk, I do all mine on the iPad and I like them lol

Ok guys...tried the Gold paint option here. The left lock is the painted lock and the more shiny and yellow lock on right is from the GM's. There are few pics in different lights and different angles. I have NO actual pics to go off of since I haven't done any gold on my iD's and my Final's pair isn't in yet. I will post some comparison pics of the iD swoosh against this painted lace lock to give you all an idea. ALSO, I haven't gotten the gloss sealer coat yet either, but I would most likely add it to the lock/swoosh for that shinier effect. And this was just 1 quick coat just to compare. A finished product would hopefully look a little more "polished". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some feedback guys. I do like the paint however, think this might be a viable option, and I'm willing to help anyone out through PM's. Enjoy guys.

Last edited:
I agree DC....looks good. I also didn't know the GM lace lock was that much brighter than the swoosh.

[/quote]

Looks awesome DC. Do you plan on painting the Gold areas of your elites if they don't satisfy you?

Looks awesome DC. Do you plan on painting the Gold areas of your elites if they don't satisfy you?[/quote]

Here's my deal so far...

I haven't seen the gold iD swooshes in hand yet, although I"ve already had a few texts from NT members saying this lace lock looks good. And it seems to be a better "match" to the GM swoosh than the GM lock.

That being said, once my iD arrives on Monday, I will take a few comparison pics of the painted lock (which should have a clear coat by then as well) against the stock swoosh and lace lock and go from there. If I think the paint and clear coat will do the shoe and the Championship idea justice, then under the brush it will go...

So after all that...YES, if the swoosh is lack luster and this paint looks better I'll be doing the swoosh as well, but only the CF swoosh. The toe box and included lace locks look to be on point so far. The tongue logo I'm going to paint red, so doesn't matter what that gold looks like. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom