OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

Looks awesome DC. Do you plan on painting the Gold areas of your elites if they don't satisfy you?

Here's my deal so far...

I haven't seen the gold iD swooshes in hand yet, although I"ve already had a few texts from NT members saying this lace lock looks good. And it seems to be a better "match" to the GM swoosh than the GM lock.

That being said, once my iD arrives on Monday, I will take a few comparison pics of the painted lock (which should have a clear coat by then as well) against the stock swoosh and lace lock and go from there. If I think the paint and clear coat will do the shoe and the Championship idea justice, then under the brush it will go...

So after all that...YES, if the swoosh is lack luster and this paint looks better I'll be doing the swoosh as well, but only the CF swoosh. The toe box and included lace locks look to be on point so far. The tongue logo I'm going to paint red, so doesn't matter what that gold looks like.
tongue.gif
[/quote]
I'm still salty I didn't get to cop GM's 
mean.gif

Does anyone know what the gold underlay on the elites look like or have pictures? I've seen birdman's elite ID's with it but I'd like to see a better photo.

Last edited:
The gold on the swoosh looks pretty close to the paint than the original lace lock. I think it would be close enough with a glossy coat on top of the gold.

Nice dc30. The painted one looks good. But the gm lace lock just can't be touched. Imo

Agreed. Not trying to match that though per se, just want to see if I can find a way to make the stock gold iD swooshes brighter and/or shinier. So far so good but still gathering ideas for the CF swoosh clear coat and figuring out the toe box swoosh. Might be chrome/silvering my red black pair and my red white homes.

Agreed. Not trying to match that though per se, just want to see if I can find a way to make the stock gold iD swooshes brighter and/or shinier. So far so good but still gathering ideas for the CF swoosh clear coat and figuring out the toe box swoosh. Might be chrome/silvering my red black pair and my red white homes.

Looksgreat. Matches more with the gm swoosh than the gms lace lock does itself.

Great work Dc. Lace lock looks awesome ! Can you please tell me the name of the paint/materials you used? I will be doing this to my id pair as well on both the swoosh and the lock. Thanks

Excuse the bad pic. My photobucket is acting up. Did some scratch wear tests on the gold paint alone. Some scratched off and peeled when I flexed the plastic. So figured best to try a gloss clear coat for protection. Used Krylon triple thick clear glaze. So far the results are "meh" at best.

Ok guys finally they're here. And I know with all the talk about the Gold option these are anticipated. Well good news and bad news...bad news. The gold swoosh is in fact super lame in person. Good news...the lace lock and toe box swooshes are on point. Other good news. After messing with the lace lock and some painting techniques I think I have a good setup for getting these swooshes to look better. Will take me a few days to get it together, but for now check these initial pics out. Only some of my customizing has been done but these look great and will be better when I'm done...hopefully :tongue:

They look good man!  Did you do speckling or was that added by you after you got them? 

Added speckling myself first thing and did the red X on the bottom. Need to add black speckles that but it will come either tonight or later this week. I will keep everyone updated on that front though. About to try some things now...

Added speckling myself first thing and did the red X on the bottom. Need to add black speckles that but it will come either tonight or later this week. I will keep everyone updated on that front though. About to try some things now...
Very nice.  Love the red uppers, came out great.  Makes me that much antsier to get mine, another two weeks.

Well now that the KD 6 are up on iD I think it's safe to say I'm done with the X. I was planning on making one pair of Elite iD's but I lost the interest after seeing what's available on the KD platter. So I'll just give this thread one final recap of my X iD's I did throught the year. Hats off to Nike for delivering with this iD. Lets hope they keep it going with the XI. :pimp:

HWCX Blue
The HWC 8 is one of my favorite Lebrons ever. So this iD was a no brainer.

HWCX Orange
Again, I based these off the HWC 8 V2 orange pair that never released.

China X
Can't have a Bron sig without it's china pair. Inspired by the china 9.

did you use photoblue upper and on the soles?

i made a Knicks Colorway and they are so dark probably going to return cuz they dont pop the way i expected them too.

ill take better pics in a little while

did you use photoblue upper and on the soles?

i made a Knicks Colorway and they are so dark probably going to return cuz they dont pop the way i expected them too.

ill take better pics in a little while

Dope but looks more like a Denver Broncos colorway

First time posting on Niketalk but I have been visiting the site for the past 6 years. My Lebron X Final I.D.'s came in today I love the shoe but the Nike logo was less then I expected. Hopefully someone will come up with a great idea to make the swoosh look like the Gold Medal X's 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom