OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

Just a heads up for anyone, be careful when ordering ID's.

I ordered 2 pairs a regular X and an Elite X.

The Elite's were black and white with white speckles on the carbon fiber, they came in nothing looking like the picture. The minute I took them out of the box I returned them.

My other pair was an all white regular version with a blue sole. The white is nice but I chose white on the swoosh and LBJ logo and both of those came in grey.

On top of it I used a 15% off code on the order and my order came in wrong and I returned them items but they won't generate a new code for me to use. I would like to re-order the same pairs the correct way since they made the mistake and the supervisors tell me I should re-order them at a higher price this time, talk about a scam.

all you have to do is call and say the problem is with the shoe they made it incorrectly and have them generate you a promo code. then return them. you shouldn't have just automatically sent them back with out stating the problem and having it resolved.

I don't remember exactly the pair LeBron wore in the playoffs but I wanted to do something simple - black/white.

They were supposed to look like that. All the pictures show the paint speckles very faint. I chose the one color to be black that way it would essentially be less speckles and only a few white. Anyway, it came in looking like a Mead notebook or someone had poured paint all over them. The entire carbon fiber was covered with huge white circles. I put them back in the box and they went right back to Nike. That experience turned me off from the Elites.

The second pair was inspired by -

They came out ok, besides a few minor scuffs and the lebron logo being grey and the swoosh looking grey even though I wanted something all white.

Sorry for the iPhone pics, anyway nike won't fix my order, won't give me back my promo code and now has blocked me from chat support. I'll be mailing a letter out to corporate today.
Wow wtf blocking you from customer support?

I don't remember exactly the pair LeBron wore in the playoffs but I wanted to do something simple - black/white.

They were supposed to look like that. All the pictures show the paint speckles very faint. I chose the one color to be black that way it would essentially be less speckles and only a few white. Anyway, it came in looking like a Mead notebook or someone had poured paint all over them. The entire carbon fiber was covered with huge white circles. I put them back in the box and they went right back to Nike. That experience turned me off from the Elites.

The second pair was inspired by -

They came out ok, besides a few minor scuffs and the lebron logo being grey and the swoosh looking grey even though I wanted something all white.

Sorry for the iPhone pics, anyway nike won't fix my order, won't give me back my promo code and now has blocked me from chat support. I'll be mailing a letter out to corporate today.

i think for the swoosh, its just a difference in material as well. as for the lebron logo, with white, you will get a grey tongue logo by default to create contrast. your 15% code should be given back to you...i have had instances where i ordered more than 1 item, returned 1 and then still got my 15% code back.

the ID paint speckling process is a little bit OD. they use a little too much paint IMO.

after experimenting with the pen, i think the best way is to use the regular paint brush splatter method. the pen doesnt seem random enough to me.

all you have to do is call and say the problem is with the shoe they made it incorrectly and have them generate you a promo code. then return them. you shouldn't have just automatically sent them back with out stating the problem and having it resolved.

I did let them know. They said because they've given me promo codes and done things in the past they won't be helping me this time. Anyway, I'm dealing with corporate now and spoke to them today on the phone. Should be hearing back again soon.

yeah so i tried to make some Final 9s ... with a twist.... added some gold/red paint specks... obviously it looks nothing like it did on the website ...the gold on this shoe gave me nausea... i almost threw up in my mouth... needless to say its time to print out that return shipping label

Last edited:

yeah so i tried to make some Final 9s ... with a twist.... added some gold/red paint specks... obviously it looks nothing like it did on the website ...the gold on this shoe gave me nausea... i almost threw up in my mouth... needless to say its time to print out that return shipping label

We all know by now the iD gold is no bueno. Check out my Final's X iD pics on the last page or so bro. I changed the gold to make it more acceptable.

It seems like every time I've seen someone order "gold" speckles NikeID overdoes the paint specks hardcore.  Major bummer to wait 4-5 weeks after ordering and then be disapointed.  Sorry bro.  At least you can return them to any Nike store or send them back. 

Excatly why I didn't order any midsole speckles on mine. I'd rather have a clean mid sole then overdosed with specks. If anything I'll add speckles if I want to.

Came in here to post my Finals IDs and I saw that VenomSS beat me to it. Only difference is mine has a white outsole since I don't like yellowed soles. Upon receiving them I thought the gold speckling was a little too much, but not enough for me to return them especially after waiting 5 weeks. My only dilemma is whether or not to paint the gold swoosh like Dc30. Anyway, here are some pics...

I think it just depends on the color midsole and the color speckles, my first Finals ID came out great from the factory, I was really pleased. 

Hopefully they do a decent job on my "Championship" pair that comes in this week, we'll see. 

Came in here to post my Finals IDs and I saw that VenomSS beat me to it. Only difference is mine has a white outsole since I don't like yellowed soles. Upon receiving them I thought the gold speckling was a little too much, but not enough for me to return them especially after waiting 5 weeks. My only dilemma is whether or not to paint the gold swoosh like Dc30. Anyway, here are some pics...

I think it just depends on the color midsole and the color speckles, my first Finals ID came out great from the factory, I was really pleased. 

Hopefully they do a decent job on my "Championship" pair that comes in this week, we'll see. 

I like the white outsole with the black airbag and mid. The speckles not bad either. They do seem to go OD on the CF though. That's what bothers me. Overall a solid pair, regular gold or repainted gold.

I also agree with DW. His pair looks great but mostly because it's only black on a white midsole and there's no CF speckle to clutter things up. Very color dependent. TWNTY8's Fontaine Bleu pair is fire with the teal and pink speckles, but as we all know, those colors just "work".

Thanks Dc! If the speckle on the carbon fiber matched the speckle on the midsole in terms of frequency of the dots, it would look much better. I am still happy with them overall! And dwoodactennis, I might have to steal that white finals pair :tongue: Can't wait to see your red Finals pair!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom