Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Eastbay and Foot Locker gets them.
laugh.gif

$305 GR selling out??? thatd be a risky move on NIkes part. ima try to get a pair to flip its a lot of heat dropping this year.

*shrugs* I'll cop at $305. Fingers crossed for a NDC drop. Any solid International release leads? all my legwork has turned up is a bunch of "maybe" dates.

Difference between the two is on the Lebron sports pack,the words limited are uttered..

It isn't uttered anywhere on the corks press release.

Could mean nothing... but there are differences between the two

http://nikeinc.com/news/lebron-x-nike-sportswear-honors-the-champ

Nike says The Nike Sportswear LEBRON X cork shoe will launch in limited quantities.

:lol: :smh:

While it's not surprising, why make a shoe that is suppose to celebrate LeBron getting his first championship, something he and his fans have been waiting almost a decade for and then turn around and make them limited? :rolleyes

A release like this, celebrating a monumental event in LeBron's NBA career could easily be a GR and would still sellout even with the exorbitant price.

No need to add "hype" to a release like by limiting quantities when this shoe has actual meaning behind unlike some of the BS stories Nike tried to pull with the other X releases thus far.

Good luck to those of you trying to cop.

Why celebrate a championship 8 months after it happened?

:lol: :smh:

While it's not surprising, why make a shoe that is suppose to celebrate LeBron getting his first championship, something he and his fans have been waiting almost a decade for and then turn around and make them limited? :rolleyes

Cause this is LEBRON & THEM we talking bout. Why expect anything else. :smh:

I'd pay the $305 retail, just saying will I be able to is the question. Never even had a chance with the USAs/Gold Medals and the Crown Jewels.

I'm happy I've been able to get all of the other colors. Just wish there were a fewer.

I think the Galaxies, Denims, Corks, Dolphins, Ring Night and possibly Volts could be difficult if the thirst is there and pairs are limited.

why is that official nike statement from october?
That article from October is just introducing the shoe. The article that reveals the release date is the one from today.

I wonder why they didn't include the price for the Corks in the article today?

It seems a foregone conclusion that these will retail for $300+.

That article from October is just introducing the shoe. The article that reveals the release date is the one from today.

I wonder why they didn't include the price for the Corks in the article today?

It seems a foregone conclusion that these will retail for $300+.
wow $300.00 I know it won't happen but I hope these sit on shelves for a number of different reasons. lol  If these sell out watch how Nike starts charging $300.00 or more for every hyper stike type of release.

Lol, Nike finally found a way to hit that $300 price point and convince people that it's "not a bad price."

roll.gif

They can keep these.  I'm not gonna front and act like I wouldn't flip them the second I copped due to the massive thirst that Nike's created for this shoe.

300 isnt really that much for a pair nowadays. People think rock hard plastic bred xi is worth 350 to 400 lol. Whether its 200 or 300 as long as it says limited the lines will form

Last edited:
Biggest problem I have with a $300 price tag is that they'd be more expensive than lunargrands, shoes that are actually professional. Try wearing the corks with khakis, I think they'd look off. 

Even though its seems like a $300 GR would just sit, look at the LeBron Diamond Bomber Jacket. $200 and almost all sizes are gone. You guys don't think a LeBron shoe with premium materials wouldn't sell out? It may not fly off the shelves but I think they'd sell better than the lows. 

I guess I'm a little sour about the corks cause they were the first Xs I actually wanted but Nike just doesn't want to take my money 
laugh.gif

300 isnt really that much for a pair nowadays. People think rock hard plastic bred xi is worth 350 to 400 lol. Whether its 200 or 300 as long as it says limited the lines will form
Retail vs. aftermarket.  Apples to oranges.

I do agree with the statement about the hype, though.  Sad thing is, Nike's going to laugh all the way to the bank and find clever ways to generate hype and slap a $300+ price tag on more shoes in the future.  Turning consumer manipulation into an art form.

I could swear that when that press release was first revealed it didn't say anything about the pack being limited... oh well

My guess is that Nike will make this pack limited to generate buzz for the future NSW basketball sneakers released in the near future.

Like oh you couldn't get the corks but these monstrosities of a sneaker (insert any basketball sneaker you want) are a GR, please give us your $300+

and the masses will, because they always do :smh:

I can't be mad though... that's marketing

Last edited:
for anyone in Canada, sportchek.ca has the prisms sz 8 to 13 available on their website for $175.99 until the end of today and if you sign up for their mailing list, you get a coupon code for 10% which can be applied. With the current free shipping promo, your looking at $158.99 before taxes. 

Decent deal for a recent release, given the retail in Canada is $219.99

Last edited:
february is going to be an ugly month, worse than the december that just passed imo, too much heat in that month. January doesnt have much though

Are people having a hard time finding the prisms? They are still sitting here in Oregon. I guess that's the perk of living here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom