Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we expect more colorways to be announced soon or no? Only x's i want that havent been released are the dolphins.

I say no more color ways. Lets just move to the lows after the (drum roll please):

Canary Diamonds
BHM
Volts
Corks
Homes
Ring Night
All Star
Dolphins
Denims
US Breds

(And you still want more?)

9 out of 10 i will be passing on the Corks, just because I will be buying the All-Star X's & KD V's. Hopefully the Denims will still drop and I have a clear chance at getting those. But best wishes to all those who want the Corks

I say no more color ways. Lets just move to the lows after the (drum roll please):

Canary Diamonds
BHM
Volts
Corks
Homes
Ring Night
All Star
Dolphins
Denims
US Breds

(And you still want more?)
Ring Nights most likely won't be releasing especially if they haven't released by now, and why not have some more colorways? Not like it hurts customers to have more selections to choose from. Besides we'll be seeing the Elite/Playoff model before we even get to the lows

I'm actually looking forward to the lows(didn't get any IX lows). I wish they used a zoom set up instead of a 360 air bag or zoom max though. Don't get me wrong they are very comfortable with that set up but those that like playing in lows would rather have zoom air. Not like LeBron will be playing in them(even though he played in lows like twice last year).

If the prisms were as limited as the corks seem to be, people would be hyping them just as much if not more than the corks are being hyped now.

Last edited:
LIMITEDNESS IS CREATING THE HYPE FOR SHOES THAT, IN AND OUT OF THEMSELVES, ARE NOT THAT HOT.

I agree with this statement 1 million percent! The NSW Lebron Air Force 1's and the NSW Lebron ACG boots with the same Lebron Griffin logo on them didn't sell for nothing when they dropped when they where pushing that whole Lebron NSW thing with his shoes and NSW Clothing line etc now people are willing to pay $300 plus for some Corks with the same theme just because they have that "limited" tag thron on them :smh:

These shoes look like you need to wear about 3 pairs of socks for them to be comfortable to rock even casually. Strip it down, add "premium" cork upper, charge a premium for the shoes, limit quantities, and you got homies going ape-s*** crazy for them. I'm not knocking people wanting these, I'm knocking the approach taken by Nike's NSW b.s. But hey, apparently it's working so what do I know...

LIMITEDNESS IS CREATING THE HYPE FOR SHOES THAT, IN AND OUT OF THEMSELVES, ARE NOT THAT HOT.

I agree with this statement 1 million percent! The NSW Lebron Air Force 1's and the NSW Lebron ACG boots with the same Lebron Griffin logo on them didn't sell for nothing when they dropped when they where pushing that whole Lebron NSW thing with his shoes and NSW Clothing line etc now people are willing to pay $300 plus for some Corks with the same theme just because they have that "limited" tag thron on them :smh:

YOU ARE CORRECT.

MY STATEMENT WAS NOT JUST DIRECTED AT THE CORKS BUT AT THE LEBRON 10 LINE AS A WHOLE AS WELL. POINT BLANK THE 10 JUST ISN'T THAT HOT AFTER THE SMOLDERING CINDER THAT WAS THE LEBRON 9.

I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU LAID THE ENTIRE LINE OUT IN A ROOM AND TOOK AWAY ALL KNOWLEDGE OF AVAILABILITY OF ANY OF THE SHOES, AND HAD SOMEONE CHOOSE THEIR PURCHASES, IT WOULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THEIR ACTUAL PURCHASES IF THEY EVEN CHOOSE ANY AT ALL....

I agree the limited tag creates massive hype.  These corks were pretty hyped just when the first pictures leaked back in late October/early November.  The first pics I saw I said, those will be the first LBJ X's I get, but I thought they were going to come out a lot sooner since the pics released so early. 

One of the main detractors from the X for me is that big bulky flap at the bottom of the tongue, where it meets the toe box.  I know it's not a big deal at all,  just messes up the flow of the shoe for me and makes them look bulky on foot.  Cork's were the first pair I saw with that area flat and thought it looked great.  Really wish I could have come up on those Gold Medals though.  They are the only other X I would pick up right now.  Denim's don't have that bulky piece on em either, but they are a pass for me for sure. 

i need that resell money for the corks...hype dont let me down
tired.gif

I picked up my first x's this weekend the prisms I like them alot first pair other than Jades of X's I liked especially after going OD on the 9's. Corks are cool looking but I feel like they would be destroyed after one wear more of a collectors item. I want the Volts and it seems like I am in the minority of people feeling that CW so hopefully that will be an easy pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom