Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the corks today from 21mercer and as soon as i walked out of the store this asian dude walks up to me and starts trying to convince me to make a trade, after a few minutes of negotiating he made one i couldn't resist. Got a pair of RF high risk asics, a pair of Fingercroxx 580s, a pair of mita mojito new balances, AND a pair of '11 black cement 3s. All DS. The corks were super dope dont get me wrong, but my pair had already had some peeling occurring on the cork and i realized that after a couple wears they would likely be trashed. They're a shelf piece. Didn't win the golden box either. Had all intentions of keeping them but dude offered me like 1200 worth of some of my favorite shoes to come out this year plus some bc3s. I think it was worth it to get 4 dope shoes that i can rock rather than one that was just going to go into my collection and likely never get worn. To be honest the hype was way too out of control for them, dont get me wrong they are a DOPE sneaker especially in person with great detail, and super amazing leather on the tongue, but i like to WEAR my shoes not put them on a shelf, and this is a shoe that you just cant do that with unless you are comfortable with the fact that they'll crumble. Plus i can already see the re-sell value of these dropping once the novelty wears off. So all of you that are going crazy for a pair please dont drop a G on them, you will really regret it once a couple wears in all the cork starts peeling away. Just my 2 cents.

BTW this isn't the only nike shoe that has ever been made with a cork upper....They've had the option to do it for a Bespoke AF1 for a while now.

You walked away on the winning end of this trade my dude...

Corks are going to crumble apart after a few wears fellas...

Copped my second pair of corks, finally got my size.

Market on these are 600-800 depending on where your looking and what size, bunch of dudes are dropping that stack though.

Buy it now ebay listings are dropping like flies.

To those that's hoping JJ doesn't get busted wide open its some of you OLD NT heads that are causing it. Its only a matter of time. soon everyone will know the links and then it'll still be "I had the early link but my size was sold out the second my shoe came up" Some of you are dumb@#@ thinking you are high and mighty with secret JJ links like no one else can figure it out.  lol. "gotta get that NT rep". pffft. get a life. now look, everyone has the link to the corks. lol. classic.

link is correct boy check out the asg jimmy jazz link that memphis posted http://www.jimmyjazz.com/mens/footwear/nike-lebron-x-sneaker/583108500. This is how all jj links are formatted .
Please everybody to go this link it will be  SUPER easy cop for me bwhahahahahhahahhaha
roll.gif

I'm hoping for it to be routine maintenance :tongue:, but even two hours after the link was posted the site is still down, I just feel like that's pretty unlikely due to that link.

You know, the concept of a "lurker" is essentially meaningless now that there's no more waiting period and application process for joining. (Don't get me started on that!).

500? thats too damn much. Maybe the space jams and 300, maybe

***** is u smokin them corks aint worth nothing space spams and $500 is pretty much $900 cash. the corks aint worth no more than retail or less. to even trade the space jams for them is dumb

$500 is Way too much on top of DS Jams fam.... I would say 3 at the most and I guess if u add the resell value of what DS Jams go for, it'll be the equivalent of like spending 850-9 for them Corks... Is it worth it to u?

I had lucked out day after release of the Crowns and was able to trade worn Jams and $100 for the Crowns DS and I had another pair of jams DS in the cut.... I wouldn't give up that much for the corks bro... That's damn near a rack

Yo goof ***, either one is acceptable itself, just add $100 to either one

Goof***? Um k

Thanks for your advice guys
No way I was going to trade the space jams
They're my grails and have sentimental value since I got them for a steal in college
I'll just wait out the months and hopefully the prices will drop
Thanks again

I agree with your decision. That's why I call this a hypebeast shoe. I would never, ever trade Jordan XIs for any pair of Lebrons, no matter what they were. Plus throwing in cash of $500?

Hold out ppl don't go to the resellers for this shoe......not worth it imo

Last edited:
LOL really? :rolleyes

Even better, I'll drop a can of strawberry soda right by them. They will be to stunned to run after me! lol. 

Just kidding around.I'm not trying to get shot guys! lol

Lol...

Really? You took the time to use this ****? It's no really funny, even tho K Hart is hilarious.

I have license to carry (private security) so I usually do have Nina with me. But seriously, Mofos can't read. Lls was after, indicating it was meant to be a joke.

Reading COMPREHENSION is fundamental.
I don't even think that, Galaxy Foams were $700-900 presale and they went for $2-4k on rd-week after.

Now they go for $1000-2000 depending on size.

Corks will be around $750-900 in the end, especially since they're a FRAGILE shoe.

Have you handled the shoe yet? Define fragile... Because it being fragile could ADD to the value. Like how fine China is... Guess we'll see.

I wonder how the cork like material will hold up after a while.....like will it begin to crack

None of you guys had birkenstock sandals, or ever bought your girl some Christian Lou cork heels? You apply cork protectant to keep Em moisturized and protected. Avoid leave en sitting in a dry place for a long time. If they get wet, let en dry in a slightly damp place and NEVER in constant direct sunlight. Having never held en yet, I don't know, but I don't think they're as fragile as peeps think. I'll see in a few days...

Last edited:
It's funny to see everyone complain about "bots". It has become a buzz word. Bots aren't the problem. People complained before Nike even did these TLO releases. Then, the buzz was all about people having the links early. Sometimes, you just strike out. Everyone loves to toss blame, when sometimes, it just wasn't in your cards to have certain things at certain times. I'm a believer that doors close for others to open. Sometimes patience is the key.

And honestly, it's not the end of the world if you strike out, there's another release right around the corner.

Have you handled the shoe yet? Define fragile... Because it being fragile could ADD to the value. Like how fine China is...

Probably would only apply if a good percentage of the people who buy them wear them. If they get "beat" quickly, then that could up the price - not because of the fragility itself, but because it would influence the supply side of the equation. Fragility shouldn't be an issue considering I doubt most owners will wear t them.

...And, fine China isn't expensive BECAUSE it is fragile.

Last edited:
Have you handled the shoe yet? Define fragile... Because it being fragile could ADD to the value. Like how fine China is...

Probably would only apply if a good percentage of the people who buy them wear them. If they get "beat" quickly, then that could up the price - not because of the fragility itself, but because it would influence the supply side of the equation. Fragility shouldn't be an issue considering I doubt most owners will wear t them.

With that white sole on the Corks, they will get beat quick. Ask anyone who has owned Black/White Jordan XIIs. They are good for a good 1-2 years max before they look beat.

A white sole is probably the worst sole you can have if you want your kicks to look fresh for a long time,

Last edited:
75% of the Corks won't see light of day.
They'll sit in a collection closet untill they crumble.
Give me pair to wear damnit.

Wait, wait, wait...fine China? Really? That's a serious comparison? And how the hell is fragile ever a good thing when it comes to a pair of shoes, something you're meant to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom