Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I woulda known about all these smaller sites from Europe you guys are talking about.

I already got my hanon cancellation. Seems maybe their entire stock was posted early, so they said they cancelled all early online orders. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe the had your size left and can fulfill.
Good luck!

Anyone certain their will be customs charges here in US for these intntl orders? Is it a dice-roll?
If there is, ive heard %20?

I already got my hanon cancellation. Seems maybe their entire stock was posted early, so they said they cancelled all early online orders. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe the had your size left and can fulfill.
Good luck!

Anyone certain their will be customs charges here in US for these intntl orders? Is it a dice-roll?
If there is, ive heard %20?
I haven't received a cancellation as of today...  The order status on the site is processed but nothing else.   

Customs for such a small item would be around 6% at least in MD.

Trying to get my confirmation from SNS so I can do the same.....

I thought SNS was in-store only and they sold out. I read of people trying online, i wasn't there i they went live... No idea.

Err wait are u in Europe? The culd order online b4 us right?

Curious about my CT order so I emailed them, said my order went through.

I didn't ask when they would start shipping though.

Last edited:
I thought SNS was in-store only and they sold out. I read of people trying online, i wasn't there i they went live... No idea.

Err wait are u in Europe? The culd order online b4 us right?

Nope Im in Florida. From what I was told I am able to order when the Swedes do because I have been shopping with them since early 2010. Once the countdown stopped the page refreshed and I was able to add to cart. The time stamp on my confirmation says exactly 30 seconds after they dropped. Now just hoping for no customs charges, but I have never received one so I'm not too worried.

Last edited:
I got the "Your order has been processed" email, shows me an invoice and says I earned 958 reward points
laugh.gif
Yep, same here... I'm going to give them until Wednesday before I shoot them an email.

Some of the posts here are hilarious. If you are comparing the cork on these to the cork on louboutins or birkenstocks let me just tell you this. The quality of the cork on these shoes is nowhere near the quality of those shoes. Nor can they really be compared in the first place. I traded off my pair of corks because out of the box there was already pretty significant peeling of the thin cork layer. Birkenstocks use a MUCH thicker cork than theses do because they are using it as the footbed of the shoe, not the upper. The cork on the Xs is like a 2mm thick layer applied to a synthetic backing for those of you that have not seen the shoes in person yet. The problem is that even with protectant, after a few wears it is going to just peel off and you're gonna be left with spots that have worn down all the way to the synthetic back. The key difference is that, the birkens dont use it as an upper, and the louboutins are worn entirely differently than a pair of basketball shoes, have you ever seen a creased pair of wedges? I think not. That is because the way the wedge hampers the natural stride of the foot, hence the shoe does not crease. Unlike a basketball shoe where the foot takes a full stride and creates a significant area where the upper creases. Its really irrelevant to compare the three in the first place just because they use cork in the shoe does not make them related at ALL. This shoe probably cost all of 5 dollars more to make than your average lebron X and is certainly going to crease just like a normal pair, except that will create a great place for the cork to fracture and peel off. Like i said in my previous post, they are a GREAT shoe, just a display piece. Why do you think there has not been any pics of bron wearing them since the photo shoot?

Sorry for the long post, just felt that some of these comparisons were plain crazy.

I hope you're wrong, and personally, until I see a heavily worn pair, everything you say is speculative. None of my Xs have toe creases (yet).

What does Bron wearing them have to do with Anything? They're not basketball shoes, and going to pregame he's probably not trying to be wearing a suit with corks...

May be in the minority, but I'd keep my corks and barkleys or trade and sell them with the quickness.

I feel the same, I think the yeezys are the most overhyped shoe PERIOD. Besides the exclusivity, the shoe is nothing special... And personally I think you'd get more props (if.thats what you want) for rocking Barkleys and Corks than having Yeezys... The majority of peeps who love em have em.

Having worn the Yeezys, they're cool. But nothing special bout em... Not made in a rare way, not a crazy color.scheme, just a basic shoe.

If you're out for sneakerhead respect trade for Yeezys, but I think it's foolish to trade two hot exclusives (one being a foam, the other a championship celebration shoe for this.generations best player)that probably won't ever be retro's. There's high chance for a Yeezy 3rd color.

Put em all side by side and ignore that people are dumb enough to pay over 1200 for a generic black shoe designed by Kanye. If resell wasn't 1200+ for yeezys would you really trade two shoes for that one? If so it's a good Deal. If your answer is no, just.be happy you got corks and Chuckposites...Some Mofos couldn't even.get either.

I personally think Trading two limited shoes for one is dumb. Maybe I could see trading some GRs for a limited. But with the values being so fickle, one shoe drop could change everything.

Last edited:
from what I've gathered from previous drops, people with order totals in the 200-300$ range have SOMETIMES been hit with customs fees around 40-50$.

HS still hasn't changed from "Processed..."

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

im still refreshing JJ every few though... i heard they dropped last night at midnight but if you guys had reps on chats saying otherwise then i wont count them out! refresh refresh

HS still hasn't changed from "Processed..."

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

im still refreshing JJ every few though... i heard they dropped last night at midnight but if you guys had reps on chats saying otherwise then i wont count them out! refresh refresh
Jimmy Jazz has not dropped yet. Nobody knows at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom