Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY WISH I KNEW ABOUT THAT COUPON SOONER... COPPED A PAIR OF X'S TODAY... 167 WOULD HAVE BEEN EVERYTHING

you finally caved on the pressures or jades?

Last edited by a moderator:
my local champs is being stingy and not letting us use coupons on them until 2 weeks after release.

As a manager at Champs I can tell you that is not OUR rule. That is a Nike rule and Nike dictates discounts, etc... For instance there was no military discount or lay-away on the Jades... Finishline plays (and pays) by its own rules... They local finishline has gotten caught so many times by Nike reps for having shoes for sale weeks before release dates. I am really surprised that FInishLine still gets certain shoes, but they pay Nike more for them, just to be able to compete with Footlocker/Champs.

As I agree with you guys, I feel the same way about what was said except for the character personality part. You don't have to make too many assumptions about his personality and where he stands because he has been wearing unobtainable small circle shoes since the VII's. Teasing a lot of us with versions that we can't touch. Does anyone think he is not asking for these colors and requesting they not be released to the masses? I don't know it, but when I hear quacks I usually call them ducks.

I agree. Look at it this way.....

In the past several years, Kobe's line has possibly been just as popular as Lebron's. Yet from IV to VII, I can't think of one Kobe that he has worn in game or on the street that hasn't dropped in stores in the way that your average consumer has some chance of obtaining. And this man won multiple titles during that run. Maybe Year of the Dragon VIIs cause they were an Asia only drop.....but still they can be purchased from several overseas shops & your only paying about $50 more than retail.

It isn't Nike, it's Lebron whose responsible for this unattainable nonsense.

Ok am i missing something here...everyone is blaming Lebron for not releasing certain colorways on his shoes when all this time i thought it's nike's call on what they make, release, and or don't release!....once Lebron signed his name on the dotted line, he belonged to Nike!
i dont see why people are mad at Lebron or calling him selfish either. the X are on nike id, people can make almost any color they want. it doesnt bother me that he doesnt release every color he wears. i do think its stupid when they do a release in only 5 stores or 1 city, but its just more money saved for me... they are just shoes!!! i dont need every color he wears, Most of the best colorways of all Lebron shoes that released he never even wore on court in games anyway. 

other players wear pe colorways of shoes that never release all the time. are people mad at them too???

Last edited:
In the past several years, Kobe's line has possibly been just as popular as Lebron's. Yet from IV to VII, I can't think of one Kobe that he has worn in game or on the street that hasn't dropped in stores in the way that your average consumer has some chance of obtaining. And this man won multiple titles during that run. Maybe Year of the Dragon VIIs cause they were an Asia only drop.....but still they can be purchased from several overseas shops & your only paying about $50 more than retail.

That is EXACTLY my point. I don't care, I will make my assessment of LeBron's character. The bottom line is if he wanted his fans to have the same colorways as he wears on court, they would. He is just being selfish. I wonder how he would feel if he couldn't get the same shoes Jordan wore on the court. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it. I guess he's lost touch with the regular everyday person. Not cool in my book and I don't care for any heat I may take here. Just keeping things real.

As I agree with you guys, I feel the same way about what was said except for the character personality part. You don't have to make too many assumptions about his personality and where he stands because he has been wearing unobtainable small circle shoes since the VII's. Teasing a lot of us with versions that we can't touch. Does anyone think he is not asking for these colors and requesting they not be released to the masses? I don't know it, but when I hear quacks I usually call them ducks.

mlks?

i dont see why people are mad at Lebron or calling him selfish either. the X are on nike id, people can make almost any color they want. it doesnt bother me that he doesnt release every color he wears. i do think its stupid when they do a release in only 5 stores or 1 city, but its just more money saved for me... they are just shoes!!! i dont need every color he wears, Most of the best colorways of all Lebron shoes that released he never even wore on court in games anyway. 

other players wear pe colorways of shoes that never release all the time. are people mad at them too???

You don't see?

If your old enough, Imagine when Mike first donned the Concord 11s for a game in the playoffs when Penny, Shaq & the Magic still beat the Bulls. That entire summer everybody waited in anticipation for next season to see them joints released. Then the next season....Jordan officially debuted the Concord 11s in game.

But guess what? They would never release to the public. Mike told Jordan Brand he wanted Concords for himself, friends & family alone. JB would end up releasing Columbias, Playoffs & some low cut joints that year while you watched Mike wear Concords on TV or in Slam magazines.

How would you have felt?

The same way we feel now with the Lebron line. And it's not just about ID-ing a colorway. Championship Packs? Ring-Ceremonies? Crown Jewels? Those were significant releases that we got the shaft on.

Last edited:
^ Not a big deal and not Lebron's fault. It's Nike's loss. The Lebron X has already been murdered to death and it's not even December. There's going to be a nice lineup of Lebron X available in all of the HOH across America by the time January hits lol. A lot of them are sitting and a lot of the new ones will also sit. You would think that Nike would have learned their lesson with the price points on the Lebron 9 Elite lol. They couldn't even give those away after Bron won his first ring. Open your eyes Nike. 95% of your customers don't give a **** about that gimmicky + stuff either.....

lmao at salty people acting like they were in the war room when lebron told nike to withhold pairs from the general public.

ya'll really wanna keep this man a villain huh????

lmao at people think MJ was about giving his fans the opportunity to wear his kicks.

MJ is the GOAT bc he was about the love of the game and love of $$$.

He doesnt give a damb if tyrone has concords.

MJ is the GOAT bc he was about the love of the game and love of $$$.
He doesnt give a damb if tyrone has concords.

How you gonna say Mike loved $$$ & then say he didn't give a damn if Tyrone had Concords?!

Mike wanted Tyrone, Earl, Junior, T-Bone, Jabril, Quincy, Hector, Luis, Jenny, Lee, Manny, Moe & Jack to have Concords! More $$$$$$$$$$ for him!

I have nostalgia for the golden MJ era, too, but that doesn't for a second make me believe he cared or cares at all about shoe buyers. He loves his wealth accumulation (competitive game, and that's fine), and this love has caused him to remain silent on an issue much more pressing than if we get kicks: violence during releases. The two eras of the sneaker game can't really be compared anyway, so lets compare the current state of J's versus Lebrons. The game and the economics of it have evolved, and JB's current strategy of crap quality limited releases of big-name shoes causes all kinds of bad feelings BUT still ensures purchases of the lower rung JB models. Bottom line, don't know how Lebron feels, but I'm pretty sure Jordan doesn't care about our "shoe emotions," or even our safety..

And just to keep it on Bron X's: Homes r pretty sick, but could've used the Pressure's clear sole..

That is EXACTLY my point. I don't care, I will make my assessment of LeBron's character. The bottom line is if he wanted his fans to have the same colorways as he wears on court, they would. He is just being selfish. I wonder how he would feel if he couldn't get the same shoes Jordan wore on the court. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it. I guess he's lost touch with the regular everyday person. Not cool in my book and I don't care for any heat I may take here. Just keeping things real.

I'm a diehard Michael Jordan fan, but do you really think he cared about his fans or their ability to purchase his shoes? :lol: MJ could care less, he was a businessman who was all about his $$$ and went with whatever decision would put the most $ in his pocket. When Jordan was in his prime everything worn by him, everything that contained his likeness or logo, and everything associated with him was guaranteed to sell. Nike capitalized off of this and in the process went from being a running shoe company that was trying to establish itself in a competitive basketball sneaker market to being THE basketball sneaker market. Today Nike is at a point right now where there is no competition and they can get away with anything.

Speaking of LeBron, you can't compare him to something he never was; he never was a regular everyday person who bought shoes. He's been receiving exclusive 1 of 1 colorways of every major signature sneaker directly from every major sneaker company for FREE ever since he was a freshman in high school, if not sooner. Not trying to defend Nike or LeBron (neither have looked out for me in the past :nerd: ), just giving my 2 cents.

I must say I didn't bargain for all this conversation to be sparked about MY feeling and what I thought about what's being released. I'm not "mad" that he's not releasing exclusives to the guy up there shaking his head. I just don't understand but the culture of society and the mind sets I many have changed so I just adjust, but that doesn't mean I like where things are and that's all I'm saying. With all the shoes released, I'm sure they could replace half of them with Crown Jewels and Ring Ceremonies and they'd be good with more room to maneuver down the line.

Last night's shoes

View media item 137871View media item 137870
broncarbon.jpg
lebronjamesmiamiheatvde.jpg

View media item 137873View media item 137869

Bro, what are GS Fireberry?

--------------
Why do you guys prefer NDC and Eastbay over Foot Locker?

Does Eastbay share the same inventory as Foot Locker Online?
Eastbay and Footlocker do share the same inventory, along with Footaction and Champs. However, sometimes one may have a product the others don't have.

Tried on the x a few days back and WOW! Felt like the 8's all over again... Super comfy, like walking on pillows. Now only if I can get my hand on a color I like.. Passing on jades and getting a pair of cannons the 9's aren't as comfy as the X's but ........ Well but nothing I guess. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom