Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Look at it this way.....
In the past several years, Kobe's line has possibly been just as popular as Lebron's. Yet from IV to VII, I can't think of one Kobe that he has worn in game or on the street that hasn't dropped in stores in the way that your average consumer has some chance of obtaining. And this man won multiple titles during that run. Maybe Year of the Dragon VIIs cause they were an Asia only drop.....but still they can be purchased from several overseas shops & your only paying about $50 more than retail.
It isn't Nike, it's Lebron whose responsible for this unattainable nonsense.
That is EXACTLY my point. I don't care, I will make my assessment of LeBron's character. The bottom line is if he wanted his fans to have the same colorways as he wears on court, they would. He is just being selfish. I wonder how he would feel if he couldn't get the same shoes Jordan wore on the court. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it. I guess he's lost touch with the regular everyday person. Not cool in my book and I don't care for any heat I may take here. Just keeping things real.
Ahh.. The ego of sneakerheads.

First of all..

The regular everyday person could careless about LeBron PEs

Secondly..

How you gonna base your assessment of Brons character by the shoes he didn't release? 

What shoes he decides to release is a business decision fam.

What about the hard work and determination just to get to the point he is at now?

What about him putting his good friends in better positions to succeed?

What about his pass first style when hes hooping?

But I guess none of that is matters in your assessment. 

If anything.. Its the consumer/sneakerhead who is selfish.

They feel entitled to everything this man wears.

Because Lebron doesn't do the things you want him to do..

People seem to resent him. That's corny to me.

I agree Lebron is responsible for the unattainable kicks.

We could look at him as selfish.. But that's not what I see..

I just see someone that's in control of his life.. And I personally admire that.

I wish he would drop everything he rocks on court.. But if he doesn't.. Oh well.

I wasn't with Lebron shooting in the gym.. So he doesn't owe me anything.

And if I was in his position.. I know I would be doing the same thing.

That being said..

I think Bron is a smart guy.. He knows exactly what hes doing.

Hes just creating the demand for the retros 5-6 years from now.

You think he's gonna be retroing cool grey 7s and 8s and triple black 9s?

Na fam.. Its gonna be the HWC's.. Hero Pack 7s.. Lebronald Palmers.. SBs.. Champ 9s.. Etc..

And I will be ready to cop whenever they do drop.
smokin.gif

First of all..

Secondly..
How you gonna base your assessment of Brons character by the shoes he didn't release? 

What about the hard work and determination just to get to the point he is at now?

I just see someone that's in control of his life.. And I personally admire that.
I wish he would drop everything he rocks on court.. But if he doesn't.. Oh well.

That being said..
Na fam.. Its gonna be the HWC's.. Hero Pack 7s.. Lebronald Palmers.. SBs.. Champ 9s.. Etc..
And I will be ready to cop whenever they do drop.:smokin

I agree. And besides, if those p.e's do drop ppl would complain and say how generic they look.

First of all..

Secondly..

That being said..
And I will be ready to cop whenever they do drop.:smokin

How are you going to say on one hand it's not his decision and its the business, then on the next say that he's being smart looking out for his retros? I got a little confused. But I'm not judging his character because I don't know the man. I am stating my opinion of my observation of what I have seen, nothing more. I don't want my views to change someone's purchase decision, and if what I say does they weren't sure about buying it anyway. But as a consumer I do feel I'm entitled to an opinion of what my money is going towards. I said this before in the last thread, what I eat don't make you sh*t, so everybody should be good on what they think at the end of the day. I'm not on here for confrontation just conversation, so there is no malice in this response my man.

DEAR LEBRON, YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT RELEASE BETTER/ALL COLORWAYS... PPL HAVE NO SHOE TO TALK ABOUT AND START DEBATING YOUR CHARACTER. SIMPLY PUT... THE GOLD CHAMP X'S NEED TO RELEASE. THE END 8)

Last edited:
How are you going to say on one hand it's not his decision and its the business, then on the next say that he's being smart looking out for his retros? I got a little confused. But I'm not judging his character because I don't know the man. I am stating my opinion of my observation of what I have seen, nothing more. I don't want my views to change someone's purchase decision, and if what I say does they weren't sure about buying it anyway. But as a consumer I do feel I'm entitled to an opinion of what my money is going towards. I said this before in the last thread, what I eat don't make you sh*t, so everybody should be good on what they think at the end of the day. I'm not on here for confrontation just conversation, so there is no malice in this response my man.
Huh? 

I never said that. But I will try to rephrase what I meant. I was basically trying to say..

Whatever shoe Lebron decides to drop is completely his choice.. And its HIS BUSINESS/BRAND.. 

So how could someone accuse Bron of being selfish when he's making decisions that are in the best interest of his brand?

I mean.. Isn't that what a business is supposed to do?

Huh? 
I never said that. But I will try to rephrase what I meant. I was basically trying to say..
Whatever shoe Lebron decides to drop is completely his choice.. And its HIS BUSINESS/BRAND.. 
So how could someone accuse Bron of being selfish when he's making decisions that are in the best interest of his brand?
I mean.. Isn't that what a business is supposed to do?

Cool. Point taken my man. No worries we all good. I see what you are saying.

Got my pair from Eastbay and was sent a 15 instead of my size 7.5, don't see how someone can mistake a size 15 box to a smaller size but it's happened and I'm far from pleased.

Got my pair from Eastbay and was sent a 15 instead of my size 7.5, don't see how someone can mistake a size 15 box to a smaller size but it's happened and I'm far from pleased.

Please Private Message us your customer and order number and we will be able to further assist you. Thanks.

EastbayRep - Christina

Will the U.S. get the lame "Away" version.

Just realized that the one we have here in the Philippines are the Away with no lace locks.

you finally caved on the pressures or jades?
GOT DAMN JADES GOT ME
mean.gif
.. AFTER ALL MY BASHING I SAW THEM IN PERSON AND WAS AMAZED BY WHAT THEY ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE.. I STILL HAVE MY RESERVATIONS WITH THE PLASTIC CHECK BUT I WOUND UP LIKING EM ALOT ONCE I SAW EM IN PERSON
My pairs finally came.  Copped a pair for me and a pair for my boy.  Pictures definitely don't do them any justice, they are a beautiful shoe in person.  That sticker swoosh is annoying, but the shoe is unique as hell.

Don't wanna go with a long wall of text, but I've gotta share this.
laugh.gif

My boy sees them and decides he don't want 'em.  "I thought they were gonna look like South Beaches."
indifferent.gif
  Almost backhanded homeboy like A Pimp Named Slickback.
laugh.gif

Finished up my workout quick enough to hit up FNL, decided to just return the 2nd pair and repurchase my pair so that I can use the WC disco before it expires tomorrow.  Bring in the bag and the receipt, dude at the register's jaw drops when he opens the box.  Said he wanted a pair but missed out.  Just so happens that he rocks the same exact size as me.  Said he wanted them, but he didn't have the bread for it today.  Told him to just put 'em in the back and hide them no one will notice lol.  Long story short, I told him I'll keep both pairs for a few days then he can have 'em for retail.  For $180 it's not gonna kill me.  Dude started dancing like James Brown.
roll.gif

Convo switched to the Black Cement IVs (my personal grail).  They said they had a bunch of pairs, but I let them know right away that I don't line up for shoes anymore.  Homie said he's passing on them.  I told him if he holds his pair for me I'll hold onto the LeBrons as long as he needs me to.  Dude agrees and now I have one pair guaranteed on lock.
smokin.gif

I know I know...cool story.
laugh.gif

Long story short, I love my Jades and I don't have to stress Black Friday at all other than to try for a double up online.   Crazy how it worked out.

Fair amount of sizes available on NDC right now fam...head on over

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-670733/pgid-655642
most sizes of the jades are available, as dc30 just mentioned. 9.5 and up for the most part

Good looks. It seems I'm about 6 hours late ha. My size is teasing me right now and but can't add to cart.

I like the way those dolphins look and I feel those will look better in person. The orange has the same color code as what is available on ID (Total Orange).

Anyone else feel the X are a pain in the *** to lace/unlace? I got my jades and was trying to unlace them and they were giving me all kinds of ****. love the shoes though :smokin

I guess champs and footlocker have different rules even though they are essentially the same company? I was told that the footlocker rule is 7 days after release and that guy who posted in here who bought for $165 was obviously less than 7 days.

Yes we have different rules. Prime example I cant give military discount to a retro, but Footlocker can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom