Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to those who copped off NDC.. i tried it the old school way by manually clicking the link on twitter but i failed

Now i can cop the volts tho
pimp.gif
lol damn shame what it has come to with buying shoes. 

Who needs a Sunday paper with all the comics in here? Reading this thread today has been superb. Learning about china, ferrari's, mercedes-BENS from an untra-successful guy with ties to NASA....
You just can't make this stuff up. Thank you all for the enjoyment!
Yesssss! NASA engineers writing code to cop kicks was the illest shot fired to date. Sheldon big bang theory Lebrons should be issued in a few months! I don't feel bad about failing considering what I was up against. LOL

This thread delivers on the hilarity level. I can't stop reading this at work. That NASA guy being roasted is the icing so far.
Im that guy that has an x's father that work for a NASA research center, (no ties to NASA for me) and roasted. ha not really 

i was curious to see what Corks are going for on ebay.. one pair is almost at $950 with 23 bids :x

Is there any consensus on the severity of peeling on the cork upper of all these pairs?  I have yet to see anyone post any detailed visual evidence on this forum of actual peeling but I did find a video elsewhere.  See 3:12 for actual peeling around toe box area.  Your thoughts?

I find it funny how people like to hop on people case because the may know someone that works here or there like we all have to be 12 with no connections or get to know people with good jobs, everyone doesn't work or only have friends that work at Walmart i happen to know people that played in the NFL also but i guess i cant know them either. 

Flight Club was at $1500 average before release...Between $600-800 now.
I'm skeptical of buying from. Read a guy on facebook say they just didn't update price yet. Plus they have been sitting for awhile which is odd.

Last edited:
Comparing Nike shoes to luxury cars or even dinner plates is always a rather amusing conversation. I'm sure the engineers at Ferrari would blush at being mentioned to children in sweatshops in China. Ferrari doesn't have to create artificial demand by controlling their supply. Only Nike needs to do that in order to keep "loyalists" buying multiples of the same thing in different colors using sub par material while labeling them a high quality product. Apple too has learned how most Americans think, marketing > substance always wins. 
Off topic, but that's hilarious. Just try buying a new Ferrari. They play almost as many games as Nike. Out here there's about a 3 year wait list and to even get on there you'd have to be a "prior customer" IE spend at least 100K on something else. If you really want one now there are plenty of resellers though, you'll just have to pay about 50% over retail for a used one. That's for a "normal" Ferrari that they make thousands of for over a quarter million. They then do stuff like make a convertible version (which people love) and limit it to 80 units, most of which will wind up in collections to never be used but only after someone got hooked up so they can flip them for huge margins. Sounding familiar?

Is there any consensus on the severity of peeling on the cork upper of all these pairs?  I have yet to see anyone post any detailed visual evidence on this forum of actual peeling but I did find a video elsewhere.  See 3:12 for actual peeling around toe box area.  Your thoughts?

worlds first shoe that cannot be worn. 
roll.gif

^^ According to him....He seems a little scary anyway, plus some prefer to stock their kicks. Wouldnt be surprise if he sells them as deadstock after he gets tired of looking at them.

Last edited:
slowly going down in price. :smokin hopefully they drop close to 600 on ebay so i can msg seller to pay thru paypal and hopefully end up paying a little over double retail.

Last edited:

Best video I've seen yet... I felt the same way upon initially taking them out the box, the Default laces are a bish to deal with I'm about to swap them ****** out.... Shoe is certainly going to get worn, but ill certainly be picking my spots on when to wear em and when not
To...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom