Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copped my corks because they were unusual and more so because they celebrated his historic achievement. I don't really plan on wearing mine very often as I will treat them for what these shoes really are. A conversation/display shoe. It doesn't bother me, I have enough heat to rock. This is just one of those special shoes. Especially since I got that gold box with mine. But everyone is free to do what they want with their kicks and I certainly won't hate on anyone's decisions. Rock them or stock them, makes no difference to me.

memphissfinest - i agree.

i just love when people generalize the whole when making statements. apparently, EVERYONE hated the corks when pics came out.

but then, i looked at his join date and thought... he wasnt even born yet when the pics first came out.
happy.gif
Im pretty sure I wouldn't be able to operate a computer if I wasnt even born when cork pics first surfaced.  Look at me mommy, I can take everything literally too!

Last edited:
memphissfinest - i agree.

i just love when people generalize the whole when making statements. apparently, EVERYONE hated the corks when pics came out.

but then, i looked at his join date and thought... he wasnt even born yet when the pics first came out.
happy.gif
agreed haha, I know when I first saw the cork pics on SC that they were gonna be huge, now just gotta find a pair 

10 years ago maybe. IMO the corks are the equivalent to the "timberland" zoom generation 1's or the camo 1's...... Look how we'll they sold. Times have changed. Basketball shoes aren't even bought to play basketball in anymore. In fact, people who actually play basketball in the the are now the minority

The floridian lebrons are the worst, my least favorite shoe but after watching that stupid dumb review i kinda want them now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this one was the funniest. he started talking about the special box saying the box alone cost $5000 to make and it has gold trim. "stacks on stacks on stacks" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't recall anybody getting a "cancel" email since the KD IV N7 release, that has gotten a confirmation email.

orders do get canceled if you use CC's with the same name/blling info on separate orders (esp for these 1 per customer releases).

orders do get canceled if you use CC's with the same name/blling info on separate orders (esp for these 1 per customer releases).

Well your asking for a cancel in that case your cheating the system. Even though I know I have gotten away without cancellation in those situations also. But if you follow the rules, buy 1 pair and check out legitimately (before the bots can beat you) your good.

Resell value doesn't = a good shoe. Don't fall for the moments "it" shoe

And as a companion public service announcement - let me remind you all who are considering dropping near a G on these on the resale market to fully consider your options. If you are making the decision to spend a G on a shoe - that's okay - keep in mind that such a price point opens up 99% of options in the sneaker universe. So, unless you routinely buy $1000 dollar shoes - again, not judging - make sure this is actually the pair you want to spend a G on.

You can get a number of PEs. You can get a pair of DS OG 1s. You can get a set of OG Concord and Bred 11s. You can get all but a handful of SBs. You can get most AF1 hypers. You can get Galaxy Foams. You can get South Beach 8s. ...I'm not saying any or all of these are "better" than the Corks - that's a personal decision - just reminding you not to get caught up in the moment and the myopic competition for the flavor of the month. If you are going to spend "grail" money, make sure you actually get a "grail."

And also consider these particular shoes are made out of CORK. Someone posted an Instagram of the upper split apart already. I'm not sure if you want to spend all that money, or give up other valuable shoes, for a pair of kicks that will degenerate fairly quickly. But that is your decision.

You really think people bought the corks to celebrate Lebron's first championship? 
grin.gif

If the Corks were a GR, they would of literally rotted on shelves.  People ate them up because they were limited.  Do the same with the denims and hype will be just as bad.  I still remember everyone's initial reaction when the corks first surfaced.  
roll.gif

I can't speak for nobody but myself but I'll be damn if I'm going to lose sleep, rack my brains & bite my nails for a shoe just to flip for a few dollars. I work a 9 to 5 for that. When I make power moves for a shoe.....it's to keep that summama' bish. So I'm sure you don't speak for FANS of the shoe......design wise or people that just wanted a piece of history. Bron Bron FINALLY winning something.

Your speak of resellers.....people that buy anything to turn a profit. The same people that bought up cases of Twinkies. :smh: Trust me, the championship played a part in the Cork's hype. Denims won't have the same effect on people. You think they giving away gold boxes for those too?

DEMINS ARE A DONE DEAL.

EXPECT IT TO BE WORST THAN THE CORKS.

HYPE NEVER DECREASES ONLY INCREASES.

I don't think so. CORKS were created to celebrate Lebron's first championship.
Denims are just............denims.

Unless Nike ties this shoe into repping Lebron's first purchased pair of blue jeans back in the days.....I don't see how these will be on the same level as the Corks. Heads will still want them....but the hype gauge will be lower. IMO...
but. . . . he didnt win the chip wearing the Xs. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom