Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

These look so much better in person...

View media item 328747
I also got to see more than a handful of people in corks outside during a heavy snowstorm lol. They were not holding up very well as expected....lot of sad dudes and some just ran barefoot haha.

View media item 328750
And a pair next to one of my personal favorites-

View media item 328751
And an extra pic for a great model, and a peek at denim done right on Lebrons.

View media item 328752
where is it?

^I actually wasn't as impressed with the Crown Jewels after I saw them in person, maybe cuz I just couldn't see myself wearing them much if I ever got them. They're nice though, still one of the better colorways to me.

Far as the Corks go, I'm not sure why dudes would want to wear a shoe like that in a heavy snowstorm to begin with. I wouldn't wanna catch myself in a snowstorm wearing anything but a pair of boots or beaters. Unless you got yourself something that's pretty much foam or hyperfuse, what shoe would hold up well in a snowstorm? Under normal wears, the Corks hold up just fine. Friend of mine has worn his pair regularly since they released with no problems, and I actually had my doubts when I first heard people talk about the shoe. If you look at the Corks in person, the upper is made of bits and pieces of cork material layered on top of something that's much more durable. They crease mainly on the medial side of the toebox, which is normal for most shoes, but with all the hyperfuse/foam/EM/etc shoes these days, everyone starts freaking out about creases like no shoes have ever creased before. The durability issues that people keep talking about are definitely exaggerated IMO. I won't say they're tanks either, but there shouldn't be any issues if you just wear them casually like they were intended for.

Lebron IVs though, now those things are tanks. Love my Graffitis, maybe my favorite Lebron ever.

Last edited:
^I actually wasn't as impressed with the Crown Jewels after I saw them in person, maybe cuz I just couldn't see myself wearing them much if I ever got them. They're nice though, still one of the better colorways to me.

Far as the Corks go, I'm not sure why dudes would want to wear a shoe like that in a heavy snowstorm to begin with. I wouldn't wanna catch myself in a snowstorm wearing anything but a pair of boots or beaters. Unless you got yourself something that's pretty much foam or hyperfuse, what shoe would hold up well in a snowstorm? Under normal wears, the Corks hold up just fine. Friend of mine has worn his pair regularly since they released with no problems, and I actually had my doubts when I first heard people talk about the shoe. If you look at the Corks in person, the upper is made of bits and pieces of cork material layered on top of something that's much more durable. They crease mainly on the medial side of the toebox, which is normal for most shoes, but with all the hyperfuse/foam/EM/etc shoes these days, everyone starts freaking out about creases like no shoes have ever creased before. The durability issues that people keep talking about are definitely exaggerated IMO. I won't say they're tanks either, but there shouldn't be any issues if you just wear them casually like they were intended for.

Lebron IVs though, now those things are tanks. Love my Graffitis, maybe my favorite Lebron ever.

This. I'm surprised nobody has ever mentioned this in a review of the corks (at least any I've seen), or have seen it brought up. The upper of the corks is not made entirely of cork.....at all. It some sort of a synthetic fabric, almost like material you usually see stitched behind leather shoes. The cork is paper thin, and just sort of glued to that base/upper fabric. The fabric is very soft, flexible (why they seem to crease easily), and can be seen through the cork flakes.

Last edited:
Let's chew on this a bit...  It helps digestion.  Let's avoid thread-diarrhea and constipation.

Set alarm for 26.4.13

Two Hazelnut colourways?

Guessing this is the Hazelnut NRG Lifestyle, lots of tag pics to confirm CW:

and this will be the EXT QS Hazelnut:

But I haven't seen any leaked pics of this Night Stadium cw?

Possible Grey  Denim Lifestyle?

After copping the volts and hooping in them I was fairly impressed.....but idk how the Elite Version is gonna be lighter with those plates on the back

soooo much heat in the NCAA tourney, this white boy for ohio state just hit the buzzer beater game winning shot wearing the lebron 6 soldier

Yeah but the IX's you can clearly see the fuse in the forefoot was taken off and not as much as the general IXs. The 10s look exactly the same just with the plates on the back

Nice info. For me:
Chukkas look gross.
Hazelnut NSW X's are nice but they'll be impossible to get so I'm not even gonna worry about them.
Right now all of my attention is on picking up a pair of Settings (on sale if I can). Feel like thats one of the best X's. Then maybe an ID

Far as the Corks go, I'm not sure why dudes would want to wear a shoe like that in a heavy snowstorm to begin with. I wouldn't wanna catch myself in a snowstorm wearing anything but a pair of boots or beaters. Unless you got yourself something that's pretty much foam or hyperfuse, what shoe would hold up well in a snowstorm? .

LOL from the pics/shoes and the fact that there were that many people around me wearing corks on feet I thought it would be obvious I wasn't just at the mall. It was at KC Sneakfest where a lot of people attending had traveled from all over the US and snow was not in the forecast until 5 hours after the event ended, and it was dry out before and during the show until the storm sped up and made it there in the last hour. Most people don't wear their beaters to events like that and these guys didn't plan well I guess.

As much as NT loves to think people are ghey if they don't mind other males commenting and liking their shoes, that's what these events are all about. And don't worry to those who think that, there were more than enough beautiful female sneaker lovers to comment too. It's pretty much the perfect situation to wear a shoe that you really like and would normally not wear just anywhere.

Just explaining why those guys were in Corks in that weather.

Last edited:
soooo much heat in the NCAA tourney, this white boy for ohio state just hit the buzzer beater game winning shot wearing the lebron 6 soldier
you really dont know who aaron craft is?

and didnt someone say the chukkas were just a sample and not releasing a few pages back? idk

theyre chill if they are prices like blazers, anything more and its a pass

Last edited:
Lovin the blue on the Hazelnut EXTs!
Guess I'm in the minority but I like the lifestyle joints. Would like to see more colors.

Are the all stars available anywhere in a 12?
I slept smfh
it's a long shot.. but try woodfeld mall in schaumburg, IL they just opened a new HoH and they still have all Area 72 pack except the Brakleys.. 
smile.gif

LOL from the pics/shoes and the fact that there were that many people around me wearing corks on feet I thought it would be obvious I wasn't just at the mall. It was at KC Sneakfest where a lot of people attending had traveled from all over the US and snow was not in the forecast until 5 hours after the event ended, and it was dry out before and during the show until the storm sped up and made it there in the last hour. Most people don't wear their beaters to events like that and these guys didn't plan well I guess.

As much as NT loves to think people are ghey if they don't mind other males commenting and liking their shoes, that's what these events are all about. And don't worry to those who think that, there were more than enough beautiful female sneaker lovers to comment too. It's pretty much the perfect situation to wear a shoe that you really like and would normally not wear just anywhere.

Just explaining why those guys were in Corks in that weather.
lol, nah, I got that you were at a sneaker event, and you're right about people who show up to those things wanting to show off what they got. It's just that for me, having collected sneakers for years, the weather's always just something I'm very mindful of, so it just surprised me a little bit that dudes would break something out like the Corks and be totally unprepared by a snowstorm of all things. But given those conditions you said, I guess it all makes sense.

Last edited:
Nice info. For me:
Chukkas look gross.
Hazelnut NSW X's are nice but they'll be impossible to get so I'm not even gonna worry about them.
Right now all of my attention is on picking up a pair of Settings (on sale if I can). Feel like thats one of the best X's. Then maybe an ID

Idk if I would say they'll be impossible to get. Sure they're a NSW release like the corks, but the corks built up a lot anticipation through about 5 months...and then they were pushed back...and then they dropped prices. and then news broke out that a handful of stores had them. The Hazelnut NSW's don't really have that much hype surrounding their release that's only a month away. Seems pretty coppable to me

These look so much better in person...

I also got to see more than a handful of people in corks outside during a heavy snowstorm lol. They were not holding up very well as expected....lot of sad dudes and some just ran barefoot haha.

And a pair next to one of my personal favorites-

And an extra pic for a great model, and a peek at denim done right on Lebrons.

How much were they asking for Crown Jewels and what size were they?

Passed on those CTK 7s for $200 around the time the Lbj 8s dropped..

mean.gif
 That decision still haunts me.. Easily one of the best Lebrons ever imo.

Back
Top Bottom