Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

IMG]

So...because the Kobe fans feel like their Easter shoe is more desirable this time around, they come over to this thread to gloat? Lol I guess. That shoe is based entirely off hype, I like the Pythons, the BHM and Red Suedes are dope and the ASG's are for chicks. What else does that shoe have to offer?

Its simply a better cheaper shoe than the Lebron X low.

The only way the Lebron X low will sell out is if they come out with a super limited colorway

I have the Easter lows from last year so this year is an easy pass

Last edited:
Its simply a better cheaper shoe than the Lebron X low.

The only way the Lebron X low will sell out is if they come out with a super limited colorway

Better...based on what? I'm not saying the X low is or isn't better (I personally like it), I'm more speaking on people who are never in this thread (not you obviously) coming over to say that the Lebrons will sit and the Kobe's sold out. Or that none of the Lebrons sell, outside of the limited colorways, which I find to be more true with the Kobe's.

If they released the same amount of Lebron Lows as they did the Kobe, it probably would have been listed as "sold out" as well. Smh.

Anyways, the guy selling the preorder for the Pure Platinums on eBay FINALLY responded to my questions. He's saying they come out on May 4th. Oh ya, and if you want them for SLIGHTLY cheaper than a grand, you should hurry and send him a message!!! Lol

Can't deny the Easter low Xs in a pair of nice comfy shorts. I for one love wearing the high tops most of the year but its a nice transition into the lows. SUPER COMFY AND CHILL

If they released the same amount of Lebron Lows as they did the Kobe, it probably would have been listed as "sold out" as well. Smh.

Anyways, the guy selling the preorder for the Pure Platinums on eBay FINALLY responded to my questions. He's saying they come out on May 4th. Oh ya, and if you want them for SLIGHTLY cheaper than a grand, you should hurry and send him a message!!! Lol[/quote

He is lying. And why not wait till they are 180 for you..

Lol I was being sarcastic. I do expect to have to pay more since it's shady down in Texas , but I would never pay that much before at least trying on release day.

A
Better...based on what? I'm not saying the X low is or isn't better (I personally like it), I'm more speaking on people who are never in this thread (not you obviously) coming over to say that the Lebrons will sit and the Kobe's sold out. Or that none of the Lebrons sell, outside of the limited colorways, which I find to be more true with the Kobe's.

That is absolutely untrue. I only own one pair of Kobe's and 7 pairs of X's so in no way am I being bias here, but all the GR Kobe's are gone....everywhere. GR X's are hitting outlets and going on discount a month after release. Limited or not the Kobe's are moving, even in ugly colorways (like the red suede, and black metallic). That is fact. Nike just seemed to be more focused on the Kobe line this year, so let's just be real here.

P.S. I'm always in this thread and rarely ever head to the Kobe thread.

Last edited:
I don't think Nike is more focused on Kobe just based off of the amount of lebrons released vs the Kobe's released.

Kobe hasn't gotten a nsw line like the brons ie corks and denims.

A lot of people just love the design of Kobes this year. People in bmore even showing them love and Kobes haven't done well around here prior to this year.

Price point also matters since Kobes are much cheaper than lebrons.

Finally, we can't really judge brons vs kobes when it comes to sitting on shelves. Bron has way more gr colorways and more pairs shipped to stores than kobes. Fnl doesn't even carry Kobes for the most part except for the super naturals at the moment.

Last edited:
A
That is absolutely untrue. I only own one pair of Kobe's and 7 pairs of X's so in no way am I being bias here, but all the GR Kobe's are gone....everywhere. GR X's are hitting outlets and going on discount a month after release. Limited or not the Kobe's are moving, even in ugly colorways (like the red suede, and black metallic). That is fact. Nike just seemed to be more focused on the Kobe line this year, so let's just be real here.

Just throwing this out there for you guys and not sure if true all over but here in Northern NJ the pair allotment per store is NOT the same. My connect at FTA says Kobe's have been selling the best, but every CW they get is 12-18 pairs max compared to the 50-60 pairs of LeBron's or KD's. So do the math it's pretty simple. And this is a high volume mall that gets like 600 pairs of Foams collectively between the FTA, FTL, Champs, and FNL.

A

Idk where you are but where I am there are 5 different Kobe 8 GR's sitting on the shelves. I have no idea how many c/w's they dropped for that shoe, I'm sure someone else here can speak to that. Also those Red Suede's and Black Metallics you're talking about were apart of the YOTS pack, they weren't GR's. however, whether they sell or not, that shoe did not get nearly as much creative design and outside the box colorways as the X's. Outside of 3 maybe 4 dope c/w's in the Kobe what else is there? There's at least 6 undeniable X's in the GR category alone.

Idk where you are but where I am there are 5 different Kobe 8 GR's sitting on the shelves. I have no idea how many c/w's they dropped for that shoe, I'm sure someone else here can speak to that. Also those Red Suede's and Black Metallics you're talking about were apart of the YOTS pack, they weren't GR's. however, whether they sell or not, that shoe did not get nearly as much creative design and outside the box colorways as the X's. Outside of 3 maybe 4 dope c/w's in the Kobe what else is there? There's at least 6 undeniable X's in the GR category alone.

Time for some more corrections. The two YOTS releases WERE GR's, let's get that clear first and foremost. Second, live 5 mins from NYC which Is where I do most my shopping, and they're all gone (less pairs could prove to be very true, though they're ALL gone and have sold very well). Last but not least, the red suede and black metallic WERE NSW releases, box and all (with no QS labeling I might add, and the fact that every store around me received them, and even sat a few days in places long enough to hit kicksdeals). Also where are these "undeniable colorways" you speak of? As I stated I have lots of X's but none are certainly undeniable by any means outside of the Corks. If you want to talk about colorways there have been none that have been crazy that people HAD to have outside of those (and maybe Crown Jewels , which are mediocre in my opinion), that goes for GR and Limited. Same goes for the Kobe's there have been none that have absolutely blown minds either, or proven to be "undeniable" (in that category Brons, since there have been 0 for the Kobes IMO). As of yet no points you've presented have proven to hold any water. As I said, I'm a Bron fan and have one pair of 8's I'm yet to even receive (Easter), but you're way off base if you think Brons are selling more. What you think of a shoe does not apply to the general public consensus of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom