Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Idk where you are but where I am there are 5 different Kobe 8 GR's sitting on the shelves. I have no idea how many c/w's they dropped for that shoe, I'm sure someone else here can speak to that. Also those Red Suede's and Black Metallics you're talking about were apart of the YOTS pack, they weren't GR's. however, whether they sell or not, that shoe did not get nearly as much creative design and outside the box colorways as the X's. Outside of 3 maybe 4 dope c/w's in the Kobe what else is there? There's at least 6 undeniable X's in the GR category alone.
Time for some more corrections. The two YOTS releases WERE GR's, let's get that clear first and foremost. Second, live 5 mins from NYC which Is where I do most my shopping, and they're all gone (less pairs could prove to be very true, though they're ALL gone and have sold very well). Last but not least, the red suede and black metallic WERE NSW releases, box and all (with no QS labeling I might add, and the fact that every store around me received them). Also where are these "undeniable colorways" you speak of? As I stated I have lots of X's but none are certainly undeniable by any means outside of the Corks. If you want to talk about colorways there have been none that have been crazy that people HAD to have outside of those (and maybe Crown Jewels , which are mediocre in my opinion), that goes for GR and Limited. Same goes for the Kobe's there have been none that have absolutely blown minds either, As of yet no points you've presented have proven to hold any water. As I said, I'm a Bron fan and have one pair of 8's I'm yet to even receive (Easter), but you're way off base if you think Brons are selling more. What you think of a shoe does not apply to what the general public consensus of it.
The hell is wrong with you guys? Without actual quantities and sales figures there's no way to tell which is outselling the other.  Sure kobes may be selling better percentage wise (units sold/ units produced) but that doesnt mean they are moving more TOTAL units.

Last edited:
The hell is wrong with you guys? Without actual quantities and sales figures there's no way to tell which is outselling the other.  Sure kobes may be selling better percentage wise (units sold/ units produced) but that doesnt mean they are outselling brons based on shear numbers

This is true, what I meant was ratio wise. Should have been more clear. This debate has been productive though, as there was some misinformation floating around that was corrected, while being civilized.

Last edited:
Time for some more corrections. The two YOTS releases WERE GR's, let's get that clear first and foremost. Second, live 5 mins from NYC which Is where I do most my shopping, and they're all gone (less pairs could prove to be very true, though they're ALL gone and have sold very well). Last but not least, the red suede and black metallic WERE NSW releases, box and all (with no QS labeling I might add, and the fact that every store around me received them). Also where are these "undeniable colorways" you speak of? As I stated I have lots of X's but none are certainly undeniable by any means outside of the Corks. If you want to talk about colorways there have been none that have been crazy that people HAD to have outside of those (and maybe Crown Jewels , which are mediocre in my opinion), that goes for GR and Limited. Same goes for the Kobe's there have been none that have absolutely blown minds either, As of yet no points you've presented have proven to hold any water. As I said, I'm a Bron fan and have one pair of 8's I'm yet to even receive (Easter), but you're way off base if you think Brons are selling more. What you think of a shoe does not apply to the general public consensus of it.
You have 7 pair of X's and one pair of kobe's but disagree with my point that the Lebron line has more to offer??? It sounds like your personal opinion says that they're hot, but the Kobe's moving quicker in your area has swayed your opinion. The fact that the only Kobe you went for were the Easters also proves my point that the GR's aren't that hot regardless of how quickly they move. You may be 100% right about the YOTS being a GR, not every store out here(DMV) carried them and I think NDC did TLO for the release which is usually not procedure for GR's. Either way, more c/w's, more shoes shipped, and more versions of the shoe usually go to the more desirable shoe...but you're entitled to feel how you feel.

You have 7 pair of X's and one pair of kobe's but disagree with my point that the Lebron line has more to offer??? It sounds like your personal opinion says that they're hot, but the Kobe's moving quicker in your area has swayed your opinion. The fact that the only Kobe you went for were the Easters also proves my point that the GR's aren't that hot regardless of how quickly they move. You may be 100% right about the YOTS being a GR, not every store out here(DMV) carried them and I think NDC did TLO for the release which is usually not procedure for GR's. Either way, more c/w's, more shoes shipped, and more versions of the shoe usually go to the more desirable shoe...but you're entitled to feel how you feel.

Where/when did this become a discussion as to what had more to offer? Clearly I favor the Bron line (and it's well documented it's much more technologically advanced) to the Kobe line, so that is CLEARLY out of question lol. This was about you making a statement that Lebron's were better sellers/ had better colorways. The colorways for BOTH this year have been what many would consider lackluster, as that is also the sentiment in this thread. Kobe's moving quicker has done nothing to sway my opinion cause as I said, I've yet to even receive my first pair in the mail. I can't have an opinion on something I don't have yet. I'm just not blinded by any sense of fanboyishness (to be quite honest the KD IV sig line blew Brons, and Kobes out the water last year with it's silhouette, and originality in colorways, which is why last year I had 10 pairs of those, 3 pairs of Bron 9's and 0 Kobe 7's) for any signature line. If I like it I buy it, GR or not, all the while keeping it real.

Last edited:
I think the Xs have much more to offer in color ways, ID options (sort of) and availability.

However, the only Xs that sold out or hyped were the Jewels, Gold Medals, Corks and All Stars.

Sulfurs and Blue lights were Kobe GRs that sold really well. And the X-Mas, BHM, Easter, All Star, NSWs all sold out. The Black EXT was literally sold out on NDC in seconds.

Personally, I like the Kobe's more. They're comfy and prefer the color ways.

Where/when did this become a discussion as to what had more to offer? Clearly I favor the Bron line (and it's well documented it's much more technologically advanced) to the Kobe line, so that is CLEARLY out of question lol. This was about you making a statement that Lebron's were better sellers/ had better colorways. The colorways for BOTH this year have been what many would consider lackluster, as that is also the sentiment in this thread. Kobe's moving quicker has done nothing to sway my opinion cause as I said, I've yet to even receive my first pair in the mail. I can't have an opinion on something I don't have yet. I'm just not blinded by any sense of fanboyishness (to be quite honest the KD IV sig line blew Brons, and Kobes out the water last year with it's silhouette, and originality in colorways, which is why last year I had 10 pairs of those, 3 pairs of Bron 9's and 0 Kobe 7's) for any signature line. If I like it I buy it, GR or not, all the while keeping it real.

*shrugs* idc anymore dawg lol. This convo started with me saying that the GR Kobe's are still available along with the Lebrons that are "not selling." The ones that are not available(sold out) are all limited, special editions, themed packs and NSW releases. It's obvious why those are gone, but if the line is so much better and more sought after why can I just walk into FTL and get a pair of Pythons? My point is about not believing the hype about the Kobe line. I never said anything about the sales, you did...and then backed off that point when someone told you that you have no idea of how many were shipped or even produced. But whatever you win bro, I'm moving on.

*shrugs* idc anymore dawg lol. This convo started with me saying that the GR Kobe's are still available along with the Lebrons that are "not selling." The ones that are not available(sold out) are all limited, special editions, themed packs and NSW releases. It's obvious why those are gone, but if the line is so much better and more sought after why can I just walk into FTL and get a pair of Pythons? My point is about not believing the hype about the Kobe line. I never said anything about the sales, you did...and then backed off that point when someone told you that you have no idea of how many were shipped or even produced. But whatever you win bro, I'm moving on.

Read the post above this. Those are GR's. If you have them available hook up some fellow NT'ers who are hunting cause clearly they're not around elsewhere. Whenever I get a find I spread the wealth. BTW Whomever is still in need of those Christmas X's size 11 they're still at that Footaction I posted a few pages back.

I feel like they're are just to many Xs releasing so I'm happy to have the cutting jades and floridians. Some of the cws for this shoe are just flooding the market or poop

I think what started it was someone said the Kobe 8 Easters were still available. It sold out online and in stores. I got a pair, a half size down. I saw the lows and my opinion didn't change. Not a hot shoe or color way. The KDs were nice and weren't completely the same boring color/design.

Just my opinion. I think the Kobes are comfortable, the tie/dye easter look isn't my style. But then again, I am 33 years old, and it looked comical on my feet. I ended up getting the LB X Easters lows. Liked the color and think the shoes are ultra comfortable 

Last edited:
Just got the Easters off eBay for $190 shipped. Was gonna pass til I saw my brothers pair.

Gonna be a perfect summer shoe!

I think the Xs have much more to offer in color ways, ID options (sort of) and availability.

However, the only Xs that sold out or hyped were the Jewels, Gold Medals, Corks and All Stars.

Sulfurs and Blue lights were Kobe GRs that sold really well. And the X-Mas, BHM, Easter, All Star, NSWs all sold out. The Black EXT was literally sold out on NDC in seconds.

Personally, I like the Kobe's more. They're comfy and prefer the color ways.
It's all personal preference. I go back and forth on the Kobes and Lebrons. When I want to wear something that has a lot of cushion and feel like a pillows, I wear the Lebrons. If I want something light , I go with the Kobes. These shoes are so different, I don't think its apples and apples. 

Don't know if its been said but Kicks-crew has pretty good sizes in the Jades & Christmas colorways for only $180.

I just took a look at kicks crew and they have the NSWs for preorder. The ones that look like Xs/Chuck Taylor's. I didn't think those would drop.

Minus the Jewels, Corks and Medals, I have the rest of the 14 high tops, but I think with the NSWs, lows and Elites, I've reached my limit, especially since a lot of it isn't visually appealing. Nike is definitely in flood mode thanks to the XIs and hype.

Back
Top Bottom