Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

When I first saw the LeBron X, I had great expectations.  This shoe was the first to offer full length zoom, and also included hyperfuse and diamond edge inspirations.  Nike came up with this great marketing slogan, "Forged by Heat, Time, and Pressure."  to help promote LeBron's 10th signature shoe.  A sneak preview of some colorways, especially the Cutting Jade, got me excited at what Nike had in store.

Overall, the X colorways were ok.  My favorites were the Jades and Settings.  The Pressures and the Windchills also looked nice.  But I think they could have scrapped a few colorways, notably the "seaweed green" Dunkman, which I think is just absolutely hideous.  Even more so than the Fruity Pebble All Stars.   Also, who can forget about the Corks, the most hyped shoe since the Yeezy II.  The Corks weren't my thing, but I do admit they are really unique and one of a kind (for now, at least).

Then came the Lows and Elites.  Both of these models to me are just absolutely terrible.  The lows with their exposed flywire, recycled midsole, and overall unappealing look, with a $15 price increase.  The Elites looked like some kid slapped some carbon fiber on, their dad added some "kevlar laces", and they submitted the product to Nike, which quickly approved it.  With a price of $280, I can see ZERO reasons why I would ever buy a pair myself, no matter the colorway.

Now, onto the NSW lifestyle version.  No offense, but anyone who decides to buy this shoe for the retail price (I read that it's around $135-$140) should be subject to a breathalyzer test.  These shoes make the LeBron X Lows look somewhat decent.  If I ever bought these shoes, I would immediately donate them to the next homeless person I saw outside.  They might actually even wear them.  

Now that the LeBron 11 has a rumored price of $200, I don't know if I will purchase another LeBron shoe at retail.  I can't justify myself spending this amount of money on shoes that don't even look that good.  But who knows?  They may come out with a colorway that will blow everyone's mind.  I'm predicting they will come out with a LeBron "Glass" shoe later this year.  A shoe, made entirely of glass, to celebrate LeBron's newfound post game and shots "off the glass".

That's all for now.  Peace out.

For the few of us that care about this release, the Pure Platinum is finally on the Footlocker Release Calendar for May 4th.  Ya Ya I know, we kind of knew already, but I still wanted to see it officially listed.  Really hope I'm able to get these!

honestly im looking to buy those crimson elites but at that price ima let them marinate a bit in stores hopefully they can be bought for under 200$

I just can't believe many people are passing, but if quantities are high at that price i will def see them at outlets

I would cop if these were $200.00 or less.  To me though $280.00 is just too much
mean.gif
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!! but that price tag still =
mean.gif
  im sorry. even tho i can afford 260 on a pair..im not dumb enough to pay 260 for ONE PAIR OF SHOES
Minus whale post mine...
hold on...did u say minus whale? sweet lord jesus.

Last edited:
When I first saw the LeBron X, I had great expectations.  This shoe was the first to offer full length zoom, and also included hyperfuse and diamond edge inspirations.  Nike came up with this great marketing slogan, "Forged by Heat, Time, and Pressure."  to help promote LeBron's 10th signature shoe.  A sneak preview of some colorways, especially the Cutting Jade, got me excited at what Nike had in store.

Overall, the X colorways were ok.  My favorites were the Jades and Settings.  The Pressures and the Windchills also looked nice.  But I think they could have scrapped a few colorways, notably the "seaweed green" Dunkman, which I think is just absolutely hideous.  Even more so than the Fruity Pebble All Stars.   Also, who can forget about the Corks, the most hyped shoe since the Yeezy II.  The Corks weren't my thing, but I do admit they are really unique and one of a kind (for now, at least).

Then came the Lows and Elites.  Both of these models to me are just absolutely terrible.  The lows with their exposed flywire, recycled midsole, and overall unappealing look, with a $15 price increase.  The Elites looked like some kid slapped some carbon fiber on, their dad added some "kevlar laces", and they submitted the product to Nike, which quickly approved it.  With a price of $280, I can see ZERO reasons why I would ever buy a pair myself, no matter the colorway.

Now, onto the NSW lifestyle version.  No offense, but anyone who decides to buy this shoe for the retail price (I read that it's around $135-$140) should be subject to a breathalyzer test.  These shoes make the LeBron X Lows look somewhat decent.  If I ever bought these shoes, I would immediately donate them to the next homeless person I saw outside.  They might actually even wear them.  

Now that the LeBron 11 has a rumored price of $200, I don't know if I will purchase another LeBron shoe at retail.  I can't justify myself spending this amount of money on shoes that don't even look that good.  But who knows?  They may come out with a colorway that will blow everyone's mind.  I'm predicting they will come out with a LeBron "Glass" shoe later this year.  A shoe, made entirely of glass, to celebrate LeBron's newfound post game and shots "off the glass".

That's all for now.  Peace out.

View media item 345470
Repped for the glass joke lmfao

those crimson elites will sell out for sure. FOR SURE. no matter the price tag. and that's the sad fact of hypebeasting.

For the few of us that care about this release, the Pure Platinum is finally on the Footlocker Release Calendar for May 4th.  Ya Ya I know, we kind of knew already, but I still wanted to see it officially listed.  Really hope I'm able to get these!
have a feeling these will be like the ASG....people hatin on them now and then loving all the pics on feet posted in here, then wanting them and cant find them and having to pay resell price to get them!....for me i know this will be like the ASG release because just like then i will be at footlocker bright and early picking mine up!

I really wish people would stop perpetuating this nonsense, I wore my Corks for an ENTIRE weekend, like Friday through SUnday, traveling from WI to GA and back, a lil Jason Markk shoe cleaner and application of the some cork protectant and they look DS..you kats who buy shoes and are afraid to wear them kill me, if you can't afford to wear them, then don't pay outrageous prices for them or don't buy em at all....my $0.02
Cork protectant... where you get that?

Appreciate the insight and opinions some have dropped the last few pages.. even spider... 

As i mention NT IS used for many purposes by NIke at times but it will never be admitted.  PLMs will leak pics here... they will gauge interest on it... but know that feedback is only used when its constructive.  Many times its not. 

When folks realize that even though the sneaker enthusiast community is a segment that even in OUR segment its split up between those willing to buy any and everything and those looking for performance as well.  Then there are some who just have particular taste color to color.

Every shoe color isn't meant for every single consumer.  It never is.  

From time to time I actually will give my opinion on a shoe's looks but most times I've already given it to the source because I've seen it so early.  Like the IX.. I dont own one pair and didnt even get my kids any.  Having seen what the IX looked like before its final production let me know they limited JPs design... but that happens to all designers.

Sometimes NT gets leaked pics after shoes have gone into production... for instance the Lebron XI goes into production around the end of May give or take yearly....  if you see pics before that its of an early looksee sample.  If you see pics after that.. dont hope on changes or creating a petition for it to change.

The only people making that call are Mark Parker as he did with the Lebron VI (Power) and the redesign happened in less than a month and went into production. Thus why you saw soooo many colors hoping it could do well at retail.   Production happened all across the marketing timeline for that... but again thats ancient history... and Ken Link went from  Nike Basketball to Nike Football where he's doing big things.

The reason this could never work is simple:

If Nike charged you to get discounts on shoes year round...

How would you apply the discount at Footlockers? Champs? Mom and Pop Shops?

No because they wouldnt honor a discount card from Nike when they had to pay for a shoe already and are trying to get get the biggest profit margin available.

So then you say.. no I want the discount applied to all online Nike purchases.

Well thats fine.. and dandy.. but most likely every person trying to use that will try and use it on SMU's and Energy Releases and MANY will not be able to get the few that are released on line..

Then what?

Back to the complaint that not enough pairs are made.
It should just be for Nike.com and Niketowns.

Appreciate the insight and opinions some have dropped the last few pages.. even spider... 

Honestly, I wasn't being serious. I was just adding levity to the thread. I have no way of knowing anyone's true identity and meant any disrespect.

The thread has slowed down and will remain that way until the middle of the month. I love NT. It's definitely, IMO, the best sneaker community.

And I welcome community involvement by Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Addidas, NDC, FTL, EB, etc.

Honestly, I wasn't being serious. I was just adding levity to the thread. I have no way of knowing anyone's true identity and meant any disrespect.

The thread has slowed down and will remain that way until the middle of the month. I love NT. It's definitely, IMO, the best sneaker community.

And I welcome community involvement by Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Addidas, NDC, FTL, EB, etc.
Oh its all good bruh... I appreciate the levity because of what you just mentioned...

Sometimes folks get too caught up and take this thing WAY too seriously.

We all have different reasons we love kicks.. and the kinds we like.

Trust from a guy who has lost over 600 pairs of kicks which have been everything from 1 of 1's to 1 of 16's and everything in between to samples never seen by anyone... I wear and appreciate all my kicks.

The One to rock and one to stock concept was thrown out years ago when I realized retro and re-retroing was never going away.  If I buy multiples.. Im wearing ALL those bishes...

I just like adding to the discussion when possible. I think some of the best discussions on NT have been about the business of shoes when not about the shoes themselves...

Alot of those have died with old heads not coming around anymore..

If somehow the Pure Plats sit and drop in price I'll cop. And for the person that said they wanted Volts but not at that price, be patient, I see them for 150 shipped on instagram, and it will probably get down to 140 outlet price eventually

It's the Lebron X thread.

Not the let me praise every Lebron X CW and model made thread.

Cut it out.
I Don't Like Sanford, I Don't Go To Sanford.... This Is For the People Who Say They Hate Everything About the Lebron X Line But End Up Back Here. I Don't Get It, Does NT Have Some Glitch Or Something Cause One Moment They're Here And Say They Will Never Return... Then You Know, They're Back, Why?????

I personally didn't have anything positive to say about the X until the Volts came out, then the Settings. I still haven't got the Volts because they'll sit and go on sale, allowing me to grab below retail, but I grabbed the Settings (even though they are sitting too) a few days after they dropped. I didn't like many of the X's, but I still visited this forum a lot despite my personal dissatisfaction with the shoe itself. It's a free forum. You don't have to like the shoe to comment on it. This happens on every type of forum. And yeah some people may not want to hear it, but by complaining about their complaining, what exactly are you bringing to the conversation?

I haven't seen many people outright say "I'll never return to this forum ever again, ever." I do, however, see many people saying that they won't buy the shoe (regular, low, and elite) for x, y, and z reasons. And that's perfectly fine since 1. it's their money and 2. they usually comment on what it is about the shoe that they don't like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom