Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

I wouldn't mind a pair of those NSWs, I'll be on the look out for those at the outlets.

When I wear something casual, but not necessarily dressy, I pull out a pair of sperry's or some loafers and keep it moving. I could never see myself wearing those, but thats just my opinion of them. I don't know if its the shoe itself, the colorways, or a combination of both, but the whole thing seems kind of forced and out of place. More power to anyone else that likes them.

them easters are ugly to me personally, therefore i would never cop em. but its funny to me that people wont like the look of a pair yet if the price drops they magically want one.....if its ugly the price wont change its looks.

Not all people 
tired.gif

I think the price affects those on the fence or avid sneaker purchasers. I guarantee if the price had been the same as the KD price point, it would've sold out instead of them getting down to that price based on not selling.

I'm wondering what the KD price point will be next year. Hopefully, it won't go up too much. I'd say based on color ways and hype, it was consistently the #2 this shoe cycle. Lebron wins in the performance category obviously and depending on your taste look category.

They are executing my plan. They put their reseller price up Sat, sales are terribly dry, so now it's at actual retail

I think the price affects those on the fence or avid sneaker purchasers. I guarantee if the price had been the same as the KD price point, it would've sold out instead of them getting down to that price based on not selling.

I'm wondering what the KD price point will be next year. Hopefully, it won't go up too much. I'd say based on color ways and hype, it was consistently the #2 this shoe cycle. Lebron wins in the performance category obviously and depending on your taste look category.
I like how KD wants everyone to be able to afford his shoes, but I think if Nike went as hard with the KD line as they do with LeBron and Kobe, his lineup will be a whole lot more appealing than it is. What it does have going for it is price, but they sacrifice on design (except for the IV's, of course) and technology because he wants to keep them affordable. They are currently, what, $115? Thats in the impulse purchase range for enthusiasts, and it's a plus for mom and dad that wants to buy little jimmy a pair of his favorite players signature sneakers. But the sneaker head in me wants them to come up with the best sneaker possible, regardless of how cheap or expensive they are. The 1's, 2's, 3's, and 5's al

l pale in comparison to the other athlete signatures. 

/rant

Sorry for the long digression. Back to the topic. The lows should be no more than $140.

Kd price is rumored to be $130 an additional upgrade or 2 probably with the $20 increase. How I wish nike would add an additional aspect to all three sigs with the price being the same not like their margins aren't more than tons of companies' combined.

Last edited:
I know you can ID them, but no elite south beach this year
They said back in October that they were going to do a SB colorway, they didn't think there would be one last year but the demand was at an all time high for the color way. They are branching away from it, and like it was said you can ID now, last year you couldnt 

I like how KD wants everyone to be able to afford his shoes, but I think if Nike went as hard with the KD line as they do with LeBron and Kobe, his lineup will be a whole lot more appealing than it is. What it does have going for it is price, but they sacrifice on design (except for the IV's, of course) and technology because he wants to keep them affordable. They are currently, what, $115? Thats in the impulse purchase range for enthusiasts, and it's a plus for mom and dad that wants to buy little jimmy a pair of his favorite players signature sneakers. But the sneaker head in me wants them to come up with the best sneaker possible, regardless of how cheap or expensive they are. The 1's, 2's, 3's, and 5's al

/rant

Sorry for the long digression. Back to the topic. The lows should be no more than $140.
Hey my man... trust me when I say... It makes barely much more (by the cents) to produce KDs shoe than Lebrons... 

Brons new Sole should be pretty much paid for.. so implementing it into the KD isnt a big thing and keeping the same Price Point but they have to stagger prices to make one seem bigger than it is.

Its cache. Jordan wanted it.. Lebron wants it to a degree.

Jordan's profit line is unreal because they dont use hardly the tech Nike uses and sells Jordans for so much more.

Their Team Shoes use mostly EVA and in comparison their margins are high because they use 1985 technology with Synthetics and a regular design. 

/rant

Hey my man... trust me when I say... It makes barely much more (by the cents) to produce KDs shoe than Lebrons... 

Brons new Sole should be pretty much paid for.. so implementing it into the KD isnt a big thing and keeping the same Price Point but they have to stagger prices to make one seem bigger than it is.

Jordan's profit line is unreal because they dont use hardly the tech Nike uses and sells Jordans for so much more.

Their Team Shoes use mostly EVA and in comparison their margins are high because they use 1985 technology with Synthetics and a regular design. 
It has nothing to do with KD wanting people to afford his shoe, its his fourth shoe, if you do not remember when lebrons 4th shoe came out , The retail was 125. as the years go on so does the price of the shoe. All shoes start out low and as Durants line gets to 10 his shoe will be 180 and whoevers new shoe will be between the 115-125 range

^^^ very true....the kobes, kds, and lebrons all cost around the same price to make

Thanks for the input. I know it costs very little to produce the shoes compared to the price that they retail for. But Nike uses the "more tech" thing as an excuse to justify the steadily increasing prices as well as the price difference between the respective sneaker lines.

It has nothing do with KD wanting to save money for the customer, its all about time. If you remember Lebrons 4th shoe was 125 while KD's is 130. Its because he is in his 10th line that the shoe cost that  much. As the year goes on the price will raise, just like lebrons.

I thought the dade county was a regular version as well? When dude dropped all those colorways in the 2nd lebron x thread of well got to wait and see.

[QUOTE name="NikeDealer"]Im still trying to figure out the Nike Street Team Reference.

Never knew that existed..lol

(sarcasm)

:smh:

I'm keeping an eye on you "Nike Dealer" and "Galvatron." You're hype men in disguise.

At least you know when East Bay reps are posting half the time.

Nike gonna have a hard time sellin the LeBron Elites this year...Only CW I'm still only really feelin are the Silver and Black...and the Red ones have potential

I don't think they're going to have a difficult time at ALL. Just look at the Kobe's, Air Jordan 28s, etc. They're going to generate hype by posting in here. Dropping inside info about how so and so store only has so many pairs. If there's an iota of interest, the idiot resellers will buy up the stock with the Twitter1000. Hook, line, sinker.

Look at some of the "ridiculous" color ways like Squadron Blue AJ 13s, Stealth/Joker 3s, etc. They still sold out. Sneakers are a serious business. Nike is selling lifestyle and status symbols.[/quote]

ELITES SAT LAST YEAR EXCEPT MIAMI VICE. I WAS JUST THE IDIOT WHO BOUGHT ALL 4 COLORWAYS AT FULL RETAIL.

Back
Top Bottom