Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

was at the mall today and there were STILL the Taxi 9 elites there... they are overrated IMO but i know people liked those.

They were a small size tho.. im assuming 8-8.5 but still

What mall???

Scratch that, my bad. I didn't finish reading and saw you said smaller sizes

Last edited:
Copped my pair of elites this morning. Everyone was out for the Bunny 8s so they let me jump the line and cop my pair first. Seriously love this pair of elites. I didn't like the speckles at first, and I still think they should have used gold speckles instead but the rest of the shoe is beautiful. Worth 280? It's hard to justify the price but I didn't blink to cop. I've sold Retros for more that were not worth anywhere near this price.

Of course it would have been nice to cop for under 200 but I'll get another pair later when they hit the outlets or something.

The textures on the shoe are really unique. Looks like those chipping swoosh days are over.
am i reading this wrong? cuz it sounds like u bought these to resell em....

Looks like you're reading it wrong. He said he has sold retros before for more than 280 and they weren't worth it. Saying this was a better value in comparison than what people pay for J's. And I would have to agree

ah i see. thanks for the straightforward reply. i still find it off that certain people went ham seeing $305 retail for corks... but $280 on elites is absolutely fine. i cant wrap my head around spending 300 (after taxes) on a pair of shoes. just cant do it. it doesnt make sense no matter how i try to justify it. and in MY opinion, the fact that yall going out there buying em, is showing nike they can keep raising the prices cuz they havent hit the limit on what....certain types of people....are willing to pay for them. *shrug* can we still be mad at nike? if i owned a $130 product, and you're willing to pay $500 for it...is it my fault i charge you that much?

ah i see. thanks for the straightforward reply. i still find it off that certain people went ham seeing $305 retail for corks... but $280 on elites is absolutely fine. i cant wrap my head around spending 300 (after taxes) on a pair of shoes. just cant do it. it doesnt make sense no matter how i try to justify it. and in MY opinion, the fact that yall going out there buying em, is showing nike they can keep raising the prices cuz they havent hit the limit on what....certain types of people....are willing to pay for them. *shrug* can we still be mad at nike? if i owned a $130 product, and you're willing to pay $500 for it...is it my fault i charge you that much?
??

yup! nike always testing the waters with little price jumps here and there to know how far consumes will go and next thing you know we have $300, $400 $500 shoes.

I find it entertaining looking at old boxes and comparing the msrp on an older pair to a newer pair. For example, my LeBron 8 to the X, or my son's space jams at $65 (or $60 I forget) to the $80 that the bred cost in the same exact size.
And let's not forget my XVII that came with a suitcase for $200 and a DVD, compared to a shoe today that is $225+ that doesn't even come with spare laces

Why no new info/pics for the pure platinums? Something strange going on, did I just miss something, or people don't care?

I for one don't care.

But there are a few ppl in this thread that can't wait for the release of the Pure Plats.

I'm pretty confident that they will drop next month.

It seems to me....and I say SEEMS at this point.....that Nike didn't make these in the same quantities as last year's Elites.
You might just be right...Nike probably did make all of their bball kicks for their Big 3 limited this year...Cuz, I'm personally shocked @ a lot of these kicks that done sold out and didn't get a major restock

Last edited:
Tried on the Elites yesterday and they look great on foot..

My only gripe is that the Elite Air Max Unit is considerably smaller than the Air Max Unit on the regular Lebron X..that is Nike for you..drive up the cost of a shoe and give you less of what makes the product work well..

I have my size 10 on hold for both the Superhero Elite Lebron X and I am gonna cop the White/Black/Gold Lebron Elite X on Tuesday..love this shoe that much..but I'm not payin 280 plus tax :smokin :tongue:

Last edited:
Is the superhero a gr? Seems like a lot stores are getting these. Would love to cop with ease.

Tried on the Elites yesterday and they look great on foot..

My only gripe is that the Elite Air Max Unit is considerably smaller than the Air Max Unit on the regular Lebron X..that is Nike for you..drive up the cost of a shoe and give you less of what makes the product work well..

I have my size 10 on hold for both the Superhero Elite Lebron X and I am gonna cop the White/Black/Gold Lebron Elite X on Tuesday..love this shoe that much..but I'm not payin 280 plus tax :smokin :tongue:

The air unit is smaller to make the shoe more responsive, not to cut costs. The whole point of the post season/elite models is to be quicker without sacrificing support.

Why no new info/pics for the pure platinums? Something strange going on, did I just miss something, or people don't care?
View media item 376177
I've been looking for anything and everything on them. They are on the calendars for May 4th and the pictures I come across are from store employees receiving them. There is also some nike lebron attire with the sport turquoise that is already out too. I'm READY

Back
Top Bottom