Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

They're ok. (sorry for large photo)

BIaVukoCUAED7yW.jpg:large

in the course of a "shoe year" lebron wears sooooo many colorways that the consumer wont have access to. its just ridiculous. this has been the case for at least the last 4 models of lebrons.

either that or nike passes out 12 pairs of some tight @ss colorway that even if you had and wanted to spend 4k on them, you still couldnt get your hands on a pair.

at some point hype is going to kill this line. MJ (his line) during his playing days would almost never put out a color way that wouldnt be available to the public. and the only way you could see something that wasnt available to the public is if you cought a candid photo of him cleaning his golf clubs in his garage or something.

yes, we have ID now. but ID only can get you so close to what he wears, see the ring night lebrons twnty8 made in comparison to the real ones. twnty8s are :smokin but there are subtle differences in the shoe.

i say all this because, lebron's line releases a $300 pair of shoes one day, and the very next night, he doesnt even wear the shoe?

at some point people need to get fed up with not getting the colorways they want in at least a "limited quantity"

i wouldve been so happy had the champion pack IX been released in limited quantities across the US. but no. more of the same crap.

i would even be ok with being able to ID the exact same shoe as he wears. include suede and denim as an ID option etc

Last edited:
the point is... I dont want to ID a basic colorway, or any colorway for that matter. not to mention they start at 300

Shoe game has changed since the lebron vi but lebron has always worn plenty of PE's throughout his career. I too would love for him to only wear stuff that releases to the general public but it is what it is. It would be a smart decision by Lebron and Nike to only rock colorways that can be made through iD here in the playoffs.

in the course of a "shoe year" lebron wears sooooo many colorways that the consumer wont have access to. its just ridiculous. this has been the case for at least the last 4 models of lebrons.

either that or nike passes out 12 pairs of some tight @ss colorway that even if you had and wanted to spend 4k on them, you still couldnt get your hands on a pair.

at some point hype is going to kill this line. MJ (his line) during his playing days would almost never put out a color way that wouldnt be available to the public. and the only way you could see something that wasnt available to the public is if you cought a candid photo of him cleaning his golf clubs in his garage or something.

yes, we have ID now. but ID only can get you so close to what he wears, see the ring night lebrons twnty8 made in comparison to the real ones. twnty8s are :smokin but there are subtle differences in the shoe.

i say all this because, lebron's line releases a $300 pair of shoes one day, and the very next night, he doesnt even wear the shoe?

at some point people need to get fed up with not getting the colorways they want in at least a "limited quantity"

i wouldve been so happy had the champion pack IX been released in limited quantities across the US. but no. more of the same crap.

i would even be ok with being able to ID the exact same shoe as he wears. include suede and denim as an ID option etc

Even with Jordan releasing all the c/w's he wore we still get more options now with Lebron as far as colorways available for purchase.

When I was a kid I wanted Jordans because I wanted to be able to play like him.

Lebron is great, but now that I'm grown I don't need him to validate my purchase by playing in them.

I buy X's because the c/w's are fire and look good with my outfits, not because Lebron dunked on Jason Terry in them. Lol but that's just me.

I don't understand what you mean about the hype eventually killing the line.

does anyone think the home elites actually sold out on NDC?

No way. Lebrons sold out with a price tag of $280 but the others didn't sell out? Nike definitely didn't sell out of all their pairs. I think they're testing the price to see if they should or shouldn't do a price hike on the 10's.

I do remember reading an article about JP and it was saying something along the line of not saturating the market with so many colors of pairs that Lebron wears in games, milestones, etc. for the reason of retro-ing...

I do remember reading an article about JP and it was saying something along the line of not saturating the market with so many colors of pairs that Lebron wears in games, milestones, etc. for the reason of retro-ing...

Thats always what I was thinking. Thats why I think this brand is just the beginning for real. Im sure nike will make fusion lebrons too :lol:
We will have our red suedes and red championship IXs.
Nike is probably saying why not save them for later

Yo!!! Lebrons feet/legs look all twisted in the pic. How is he standing like that lol

Thats always what I was thinking. Thats why I think this brand is just the beginning for real. Im sure nike will make fusion lebrons too
laugh.gif

We will have our red suedes and red championship IXs.
Nike is probably saying why not save them for later
It would seem like if that were the case though Nike would have him wearing certain c/w's with more consistency. 

Like the Red Suede is fire, but we cant say that he did anything all that memorable while wearing them.

Will they even have any significance to kids 15yrs from now?

It would seem like if that were the case though Nike would have him wearing certain c/w's with more consistency. 

Like the Red Suede is fire, but we cant say that he did anything all that memorable while wearing them.

Will they even have any significance to kids 15yrs from now?

You have a point with that for real cause he didnt win the ring in the red elites either but I'm sure some of us like myself won't need any memory from it.
I'll be happy with just the opportunity to cop.

Sad that it has come to this... getting the opportunity to buy a shoe. Ten-fifteen years ago if you had the money you could get em. Oh well, just gotta adjust with the times

Back
Top Bottom