Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

so are the red suedes out of the picture for lebron releases this year?

Unfortunately....yes. There's a chance something similar could release with a championship pack or chip shoe, but that isn't any more likely to be got than the sample red suedes out there.

I wish those gold championship PEs would've released as one of the first cws for the X. That would be my favorite cw next to the Crown Jewels. It sucks that the best X cws are all of Lebrons PEs :frown:

I wish those gold championship PEs would've released as one of the first cws for the X. That would be my favorite cw next to the Crown Jewels. It sucks that the best X cws are all of Lebrons PEs
frown.gif
I agree. Those were my favorite too. I know they gave an option to id them, but that's not the same. They really should have just released them.

The real question is why are all the best color ways limited?
People chase anything thats limited.

I look at it as a mental approach. People say its the "best or favorite" color way but are simply fooling themselves and not realizing that if that color way was not limited they would have have the same approach to it. People  confuse themselves by associated the limited tag on the shoe with its stylistic approach, making them think its the best color way.

For example, the LEBRON X MVP is the worst color way of the X. But most will chase after it because of the limited tag on it. and then , eventually, people will start to say its the best color way. 

People chase anything thats limited.

I look at it as a mental approach. People say its the "best or favorite" color way but are simply fooling themselves and not realizing that if that color way was not limited they would have have the same approach to it. People  confuse themselves by associated the limited tag on the shoe with its stylistic approach, making them think its the best color way.

For example, the LEBRON X MVP is the worst color way of the X. But most will chase after it because of the limited tag on it. and then , eventually, people will start to say its the best color way. 

Although this thought was terribly explained I do understand what you're getting at and fully agree. Shoes are no longer collected for sentimental value or player accomplishments. In this day and time sneakers are collected for the delusional value they carry within the aftermarket and sneaker culture itself.

Example: GR Lebron 9 Elite Home rots on shelves literally despite it being the shoe he wore when he won his 1st championship yet the Corks are triple in value on eBay despite the player never once wearing it during any accomplishment in his career. Suppose it is what it is fits better than ever before.

Although this thought was terribly explained I do understand what you're getting at and fully agree. Shoes are no longer collected for sentimental value or player accomplishments. In this day and time sneakers are collected for the delusional value they carry within the aftermarket and sneaker culture itself.

Example: GR Lebron 9 Elite Home rots on shelves literally despite it being the shoe he wore when he won his 1st championship yet the Corks are triple in value on eBay despite the player never once wearing it during any accomplishment in his career. Suppose it is what it is fits better than ever before.
i tried to explain as quickly as possible 
tongue.gif

Just got back from my local champs, they had the plats in a 8 on display and asked if they had anymore sizes. He said he had a 14 in the back but can order my size from the warehouse. If you're still on the lookout, I would go into champs and ask if they can order from the warehouse. Just trying to help out.

^^ Not "everybody" fits into that level of thinking. Some of us do buy/wear what we want because we like what we like. I will agree the culture of being a "sneakerhead" has changed over the years and has become more of a fad than what enjoyment could have been received in the early 90's through early 2000's(my era), but everything is changing. Nike is feeding the beast with the limited chaos and then the unannounced restocks. My bad for the vent but I see your point, just don't think we all fit the mold.

Says who?

The Pressures, Homes, Prisms, Settings and White/Gold Elites are among the best colorways of the Xs and they were in no way limited.

A particular colorway of a shoe being limited does not necessarily equate to it being the best, at least to me.

I know the majority on here would say otherwise.

The MVPs are definitely going to be limited and I think those monstrosities are one of the worst LeBron Xs to date.
sick.gif

Not a fan of the Denims either.

Of the limited releases of the Xs that have dropped thus far, the Corks are the best colorway. I wasn't a fan of them initially but they're a really nice shoe.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective.

^^ Not "everybody" fits into that level of thinking. Some of us do buy/wear what we want because we like what we like. I will agree the culture of being a "sneakerhead" has changed over the years and has become more of a fad than what enjoyment could have been received in the early 90's through early 2000's(my era), but everything is changing. Nike is feeding the beast with the limited chaos and then the unannounced restocks. My bad for the vent but I see your point, just don't think we all fit the mold.
yeah obviously we dont all fill that void. I thought that was a given. But yes, for the most part people do fill that void. And the increase in the demand for these sneakers is, in my opinion, due to the fact of all these people who do hold that mindset. 

Most people flock to anything Lebron wears with a limited tag attached to it. Most of Lebron's PEs this year were garbage. Most of y'all don't care. They're PEs so you want them. The gold championship Xs & Black Suede Heat colorway joints were the only two PEs that caught my eye. I'd cop those in a minute. Everything else included the holy grail Red Suedes......garbage.

If Prizms never released to the general public but Bron Bron still debut them for one night with those white uniforms.....how many of you would have them in your Top 3 begging for a release? I'm just saying....

gonna try and make it over to the mall tomorrow and cop the Sunsets/Settings/dolphins lol if they still have them in my size..anyone have on feet pics with them? :nerd:

You would think that with all the hype and everybody's favorites, that they would make them a general releases and not cheat the fan out of the opportunity to get a pair!

^ You have got to agree to disagree. Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. The only lebron 10 I own is the corks. That's because that's the only one I really liked besides the black/red, black suede and brown suede. I dig the red suede pe. That's because I love all red or all royal blue shoes.

Yep people love limited colorways even a plain colorway like the Gold Medals get hyped to a top colorways because its limited :lol:

You would think that with all the hype and everybody's favorites, that they would make them a general releases and not cheat the fan out of the opportunity to get a pair!
But if you make them general releases they wouldn't be hyped and everybody's favorites.

Back
Top Bottom