Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

General release what?
Of course Foot Locker would say that.

They know the "L" word drives people into a frenzy and turns an upcoming release into a must cop or die scenario

And you can bet Eastbay will have "sell out in seconds" warning when they put them up on their site. Just like they did with the LeBron X Elite releases thus far and a few of the regular LeBron Xs.

No matter how my times NDC has an "instant sellout" of the Pure Platinums on Saturday, they should not be that hard to obtain for those that want them.

I understand that, but the platinums and the elites are two very different shoes. One is 260+ while the other is the same price as all the other Xs. People are sleeping on these platinums HARDCORE right now. This shoe will be the shoe to go after in years to come when it comes to the regular X

It's a pointless argument.  I feel so....so... responsible ...for Nike releasing such a "fruity" color for all of us fruit loops.  They definitely should of released some more "Breds" for the fashion ICONS in here! 
tongue.gif

Now excuse me while I find a cute purse to go with my Platinums.....
Right because lord knows we need more Black and red color ways because nike has made barely any of the years.. Excuse me as i go off rocking my fruity peeble platinums since they are a "girly" color.. seriously tho some of yall closets must look like doug funny's aka same outfits and same dark colors, broaden your wardrobe. 

I don't know about limited, but my local FL actually gave out all their reserve tickets. Doesn't mean everyone is going to pick them up, but they didn't even give out all their tickets for the superhero X. Just sayin

Just because they might be "limited", or in less numbers than a normal GR does not automatically make them hot. I don't think they're horrible, I definitely think they're different and unique, but they are not my taste. But good luck to all who are going to try and cop.

Footlocker never said the grapes were limited, the other guy said that. They did however say the pure plats WERE. So I'm gonna go ahead as take footlockers word over yours.
Did you check that pic linked up there?

120 pairs AT LEAST FOR ONE STORE

Screams GR to me.

hi,  im newbie here and needed some help.

I poste this on the lebron X ID thread but so far, there's no answers, so i hope you guys can help me out here, thank you.

first of all i owned the "normal" X the black red colour way.

i bought shoes to play in them im a little on the old side but i still plays in the gym twice a week

and i really like how the X plays , it gives me plenty of support for my old knees :tongue:

anyway i've been thinking to get the elite.

at first i want to buy the normal elite , the white and gold but i noticed the sole is translucent so i'm afraid it may gives me prooblem as the gym where i plays is not always very clean

so i've decided to get the ID instead.

however i have few question, i hope someone can answer it for me as this is my first ever ID and i've no experience in ordering them.

1. the airbag colour, when i go to nike ID site , if i choose black for the airbag colour the translucent tube seems to be smoked colour instead of clear transparent on other airbag colour , is this a glitch on the web page or is this the real thing ? cause on my black red X the tube is clear and after few wearings , they already scratch and scuff so it become cloudy. i would preffer the smoke coloured tube if the black airbag indeed have that.

2. is the total orange on the nike ID site is the same orange as the lebron X lava ?

3. is the sizing really different between ID and genereal releases ?

i'm wearing 11 on my Bred X, but it feels a little bit loose, but when i tried 10.5 it feels really cramped, so i don't know what size to get on the elite X. as i lived overseas, its almost impposible for me to return the shoes if it doesnt match my size.

4. is there any option on the upper to have the same colour as the lava X ? i mean those silvery colour ?

5. i heard that the nike + version have "hard" plastic on the mid sole to accomodate the nike + sensor and people says that you can feel it below your arch when you play and people says the regular non Nike+ version have "softer" mid sole because it lack on those plastic and sensor, is this true ? 

6. maybe this can't be answered right now as the shoes is not released yet. i mean the elite ID

but i would like to see how the "splatter" on the carbon fibre piece looks.

thx 

guys this has been a wonderfull forum for me to learn more about basketball shoes :tongue:

It's a pointless argument.  I feel so....so... responsible ...for Nike releasing such a "fruity" color for all of us fruit loops.  They definitely should of released some more "Breds" for the fashion ICONS in here! 
tongue.gif

Right because lord knows we need more Black and red color ways because nike has made barely any of the years.. Excuse me as i go off rocking my fruity peeble platinums since they are a "girly" color.. seriously tho some of yall closets must look like doug funny's aka same outfits and same dark colors, broaden your wardrobe. 

"All Black Everything" went out the window a few years ago .. dudes closets probably look like they ready for a funeral :smh:

These are incredible! Way better than the denims, red suedes, and brown/clue ext's. I really hope I can get my hands on these. 

I poste this on the lebron X ID thread but so far, there's no answers, so i hope you guys can help me out here, thank you.

i bought shoes to play in them im a little on the old side but i still plays in the gym twice a week

and i really like how the X plays , it gives me plenty of support for my old knees :tongue:

at first i want to buy the normal elite , the white and gold but i noticed the sole is translucent so i'm afraid it may gives me prooblem as the gym where i plays is not always very clean

however i have few question, i hope someone can answer it for me as this is my first ever ID and i've no experience in ordering them.

1. the airbag colour, when i go to nike ID site , if i choose black for the airbag colour the translucent tube seems to be smoked colour instead of clear transparent on other airbag colour , is this a glitch on the web page or is this the real thing ? cause on my black red X the tube is clear and after few wearings , they already scratch and scuff so it become cloudy. i would preffer the smoke coloured tube if the black airbag indeed have that.

2. is the total orange on the nike ID site is the same orange as the lebron X lava ?

i'm wearing 11 on my Bred X, but it feels a little bit loose, but when i tried 10.5 it feels really cramped, so i don't know what size to get on the elite X. as i lived overseas, its almost impposible for me to return the shoes if it doesnt match my size.

4. is there any option on the upper to have the same colour as the lava X ? i mean those silvery colour ?

5. i heard that the nike + version have "hard" plastic on the mid sole to accomodate the nike + sensor and people says that you can feel it below your arch when you play and people says the regular non Nike+ version have "softer" mid sole because it lack on those plastic and sensor, is this true ? 

6. maybe this can't be answered right now as the shoes is not released yet. i mean the elite ID

thx 

guys this has been a wonderfull forum for me to learn more about basketball shoes :tongue:
1.  Pictures have not surfaced but from what I understand, the black airbag is now "smoked out".  

2.  I would say that the orange on the ID pops a little more than the lava.  Especially since the ID's have a shiny/gloss paint

3. Sizing is different for ALL people.  I am fine with a size 11 in any LeBron that I get.  Only YOU know what is best for your feet and if the ID doesn't fit, you can return them.  

4. The "dark grey" is probably as close as you will get 

5.  Can't help you on that one, but I did notice a visible change on the Carbon Fiber/Mid area when I was playing around and switching from + enabled to 'normal'.  I wear my Crown Jewels and my Area 72's to the gym, and do not feel any difference nor plastic piece.  Could be different with the Elite though.

6.  Many of your questions will be answered when people start receiving their Elite ID's back.  But I will say, if you are willing to buy the Home Elite, you should.  It is such a great looking shoe....bring some shoe cleaner with you to the gym :smile:  

Good luck on your next pair!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by lbiddle25  

tongue.gif

"All Black Everything" went out the window a few years ago .. dudes closets probably look like they ready for a funeral
mean.gif
Right i can't imagine having no color in my closet, i understand this shoe isnt for everyone but to call it a little girl shoe or a GS shoe just because of the colors is childish, and frankly girls love dudes in colors sooooo some people here would be a lot happier if they wore more color and not be such angry internet thugs... NOW back to taking my 26 yearold self and like Ventureblack going to find a handbag to match my plats
laugh.gif

thx 

I can only answer a few questions.

I believe the Lava grey is Metallic Pewter

I cant feel the Nike + system on my pairs

Splatter of the Carbon Fiber will probably look like it does on the Purple elite that is coming out

Also the Lebron X elite is more responsive than the regular version but it has less cushioning

Last edited:
tongue.gif

"All Black Everything" went out the window a few years ago .. dudes closets probably look like they ready for a funeral :smh:
yall trippin mane

wear what you want, but the plats definitely look like a gs cw, lowkey the crown jewels and jades do too, dont get hurt over someone elses opinion

no...just an example of someone who doesn't think before they post on your end.  How would anyone other than the 1 guy know how that shoe fits??????  Answer that one smart guy?
Talk about not thinking before you post. People would know about the fit from previous EXT's like the corks, dummy.

Originally Posted by 
lbiddle25

Originally Posted by VentureBlake 

tongue.gif

Right i can't imagine having no color in my closet, i understand this shoe isnt for everyone but to call it a little girl shoe or a GS shoe just because of the colors is childish, and frankly girls love dudes in colors sooooo some people here would be a lot happier if they wore more color and not be such angry internet thugs... NOW back to taking my 26 yearold self and like Ventureblack going to find a handbag to match my plats
laugh.gif

Let me know when you find the handbag, I'll keep an eye out for the Tina Turner glitter dress and laced front to match as well. If we gonna cop our Platinums we gotta do it the NT way :lol:

yall trippin mane

wear what you want, but the plats definitely look like a gs cw, lowkey the crown jewels and jades do too, dont get hurt over someone elses opinion
Not getting hurt just confused at your close mindedness , and the jades? its just a green shoe come on now. Because a shoe is green or maroon means its GS? 
mean.gif

Yall dudes can take all your fashion tips over to the "Forever 21 for men" thread 
laugh.gif

I don't see why you're getting offended at people saying it's a GS c/w.

Not too long ago a lot of us in this thread were salty about the GS easters not being available to us.

I would be a damn fool to deny that my Purple and Orange ASG's aren't a GS-like shoe, doesn't make me ashamed to wear it or love it any less.

Some of yall dudes are so thirsty for people to agree with you that go preaching about ish that matters to no one.

If I throw on some pastel colored kicks, I know what I got on and I'm prepared to take whatever criticism or praise that may come my way.

Don't talk about how confident you are if you gotta present an argument defend every shoe purchase you make.

Back
Top Bottom