OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Couple dudes on the TL was talking about this, but our medical staff this season:

- Said that Gallo had a minor glute injury, (Which was obviously a misdiagnosis) allowed him to come back, then almost immediately gets another more serious injury.
- Said that Austin's Injury was so minor that they said it was day to day, and after getting a 2nd opinion he's now out indefinitely and will be reevaluated in two weeks
- Allowed Pat Beverly to come back for one game, and he immediately needed season ending surgery afterwards

:emoji_angry::emoji_rolling_eyes:

^^^ Damn, I didn’t even realize it was all that bad. Hadn’t heard the news about Austin yet. Thank goodness he got a second opinion or he would have come back too soon and actually reuptured his Achilles.

Do we have a team physician or is it Powell making these decisions?

^^^ Yeah, I’m not so much bothered by this loss and Milos going out again because of this foot. SMFH X 1000...

^^^ Yeah, I’m not so much bothered by this loss and Milos going out again because of this foot. SMFH X 1000...

Yeah man. His impact on our team has been spectacular by any metric. Him going down HURTS.

Him AND Austin going down is downright worrisome. And I say that because this was a loss to me, as well as Saturday against GSW.

But what that means is that we have to almost clean house or be at a 80% win clip against the other teams we're "supposed to" beat which IMO isn't close to a guarantee now with this many rotation and starters out. We got ATL, SAC, DEN, UTA coming up and those are important games man.

Long winded way of saying, that w/ this roster, asking it to keep pace playoff wise w/o Milos/Austin/Pat/Gallo is asking for a lot. They've done GREAT thus far, but as the schedule gets harder in JAN, going to be hard to stay in the playoff field w/that many guys out.

^^^ We’re going to get crushed by GSW (again). With so many guys down, we just don’t have the firepower to compete with them. They defend Blake well under the best of circumstances for us, so he’s really going to have a hard time when there’s only one other real credible scoring threat on the floor with him.

Very bad time for us to be playing them 2 out of the next 3 games.

^^^ We’re going to get crushed by GSW (again). With so many guys down, we just don’t have the firepower to compete with them. They defend Blake well under the best of circumstances for us, so he’s really going to have a hard time when there’s only one other real credible scoring threat on the floor with him.

Very bad time for us to be playing them 2 out of the next 3 games.

Yeah I have us getting smacked too. But the way I look at it, is if we go 3-3 over this 6 game stretch, only losing to OKC, and GSWx2 then we should be fine.

I'm already simulating to Monday's game against ATL. Let's just get the *** whooping over with already. GSW lives to beat the **** out of the Clips.

So, because of real life getting in the way I didn't even know we cut Jamil and picked up Tyrone and gave him a two-way deal.

1) Jamil was GREAT for us. Really wish that we could of kept him, but I understand not wanting to attach a pick to Brice to make it happen. It was either CJ or Jamil, and CJ fills more of a need.

2) Clips own Jamil's rights which was a great move by the FO, so once he clears waivers if no one picks him up, he's going back to our GL squad.

3) I'm biased because i've watched more of our GL squad than I care to admit, but Tyrone has been :wow: in the GL. He's deserving of this chance, and as long as we give him some rope, he should do some good things for us. I mean he's been killing it there.

I don't think any of us, or doc for that matter, thought that we'd be using the GL as much as we've been this year. Credit to the FO for that.

I've watched more G League games than the big league club this season. I think Tyrone will have a game or two where he'll show out in the NBA but I'm a bit torn because Agua Caliente had been playing so well. These call-ups are taking their toll. Casey Hill has done a tremendous job. We woulda beat the Stars easily if Tyrone were available last night :smh:

One thing I am concerned with though, is that

1) He can't shoot.

and

2) ACC ran just about everything through him, and featured him.

He obviously won't be featured with us nearly as much, so him not being able to even be a threat from the perimeter + not having close to the usage he had w/ACC could be problematic. But he does so much else on the court that he should still be able to make an impact, but we'll see.

It's funny how Dave Severns this past summer was telling me how Ballmer, and virtually everyone was against getting a GL team because all they do is hemorrhage money and no true g league players pan out, and the only reason why Ballmer caved was because the entire league is going to have a GL team in about a year or two,

and now here we are making the most out of the GL :lol: like it's been an essential part to our season this year.

^^^ LMAO. That’s all we can do.

But I think I’m against tanking. We proved we just can’t suck enough to be in play for Doncic or Bagley, so what’s the point?

I truly do hate the Warriors. It’s a personal rule of mine to try not to use that word because it’s so strong, but with those mother****ers, it applies...

^^^ LMAO. That’s all we can do.

But I think I’m against tanking. We proved we just can’t suck enough to be in play for Doncic or Bagley, so what’s the point?

Two things here:

You're thinking of just losing. I'm talmbout tanking. Trade DJ for pick(s) and a bum. Trade Lou for a pick. Shut Blake, Gallo, and Milos down. Let our rotation be:

Evans
CJ
Dekker
Trez
Reed

Tyrone
Thornwell
Wes

Secondly, this looks to be a deep draft. If we can get a top 5 pick I'm down on taking a chance on Trae Young. Have you seen that dude? My goodness. I know we have 1000 PG's on the roster but you don't pass on that :lol:

I spoke to Jerry West not too long ago and he's very much of the "best player available" school of thought.

^^^ If we can flip DJ for what is likely to be a top 10 pick, I’m all for it. Young, Bagley and Doncic all look potentially pretty special.

I am a huge fan of Trae Young, but am 50/50 on him as a prospect. He's 6'2 w/ a short wingspan, and I don't see the burst or athleticism necessary to be a good driver and finisher at the next level. Wouldn't be mad if we drafted him though, his skill level and age is worth the risk.

I wanna make the playoffs though man. I think we can be players in Free Agency, and it'd help big time if we're a playoff team getting at free agents. Plus, as a franchise it'd be pretty cool to make the playoffs in the first year w/o CP, giving more legitimacy to a FO and franchise that still needs it. Building equity by being a perennial playoff team.

Assuming we don’t go the tank route, I wonder if now would be a good time to throw a 10 day at a vet player with scoring capabilities that isn’t currently playing. Like Monta or maybe PCH’s boy Juice Mayo.

Assuming we don’t go the tank route, I wonder if now would be a good time to throw a 10 day at a vet player with scoring capabilities that isn’t currently playing. Like Monta or maybe PCH’s boy Juice Mayo.

Trust me, Juice would have been thrown out by me if he was available right now :lol: can't be reinstated until this summer though, still banned from the league. He's been working hard though for an opportunity and Doc is high on him, wouldn't be surprised if we gave him a training camp invite this summer.

Turns out, playing the worst team in the league instead of the best team in the league makes a difference.

Yeah, I don’t think I can watch the game tonight. Just can’t stand the Warriors, even though I think they way they play both offensively and defensively, just from a pure basketball standpoint, is amazing. But the individuals executing that beautiful basketball game irk me terribly...

dumb biased announcing :smh:

"Warriors put up 35 pts in the quarter despite missing Klay and Steph..."

how about "the Clips putting up 32 pts against the Dubs without Blake, Milos, Danilo, Patrick and Austin..."?

Back
Top Bottom