OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

I’m ok with the PG extension; don’t love it.

He was disappointing last year, but I’m not writing him off completely yet. Let’s see how he does when healthy to start the season and isn’t in a bubble.

i dont know why people are mad at the pg extension, his contract becomes an asset in case they want to move on from him next year instead of losing him for nothing

PGs agent probably probably already told most teams he wont sign long term with them but with him locked for 4 years after this year then he'd be stuck playing for whatever team he is traded on a la blake, detroit wouldnt have agreed to the trade because blake would have just left if he didnt have a couple of years left in his contract

and i know kawhi cant sign an extension with this being his second year but i hope he has at least a verbal agreement that he'd resign

^^^ It’s because its the Clippers and its PG coming off the bubble performance he had. People are going to get their jokes off and criticisms off. And like I said in the NBA thread, if we made him a low-ball offer and he turned it down or we didn’t extend him and he bailed at the end of this season, we’d get **** for that too.

Truth is, people criticize almost all max deals that get handed out by NBA teams, even for elite players. But in most instances, the teams have to offer them. It’s just the way the system works.

think the PG contract is going to be a different situation from blake assuming that kawhi resigns and no team comes in with an amazing offer you can't turn down like what detroit had to offer.
PG is still a super solid player for us despite him not being there mentally for the playoffs in the bubble and the team collapsing in gm7 vs the nuggets. just gotta hope the guy is zoned in, has consistent play and just shuts his mouth lol

but yeah onto lawdog1 lawdog1 point, we would be criticized either way and truth is there are many players that are not worth a max contract, but the money has to be spent somehow and whether it is worth it or not, as least it shows that you have an owner who is willing to pay and can potentially attract free agents in the future

If the announcement was that we were not going to extend PG the jokes would have been out too. Just a couple weeks ago the jokes were that we were gonna lose Kawhi and PG for nothing after their deals were up. :lol:

If the announcement was that we were not going to extend PG the jokes would have been out too. Just a couple weeks ago the jokes were that we were gonna lose Kawhi and PG for nothing after their deals were up. :lol:

if we ever win a title with those two, they'll still have jokes for us lol

2F7C6D44-2313-4C75-97B3-EA23ADF1C33B.gif

Not much to take away from the first couple of preseason games, I don’t think. Team definitely looks like it’s adjusting to the new staff and personnel.

Kawhi looked rusty and also like he was focused on playmaking and deferring to other guys.

Batum looks like he can be serviceable off the bench.

Liked what I saw from T Mann.

Highly disappointed with what I saw.

Yall can sugarcoat it all you want, say it's just preseason and any other excuses, BUT get blown out without AD and LBJ, is embarrassing. Especially when we ran a full team as if it was the season. Terrible.

To bring in new coaching staff, in the potential contract season of KW is dumb. If this season fails, he ain't gonna resign, and I don't blame him. I understand DOC was doing his worth, but should give him ONE post bubble season run. Now we got Lue. Ty ******* Lue.

This guy come to fame is playing with MJ, being stepped over by Iverson and Lebron coaching his staff to a ring.

This guy come to fame is playing with MJ, being stepped over by Iverson and Lebron coaching his staff to a ring.

when did he play with MJ?

and i agree, not impressed and the clipper socials just keeps posting pics of kawhi smiling to try and cover up the chemistry issues

Doc had to go. Second time as Clippers coach his team blew a 3-1 playoff lead. He didn’t take any accountability for it either; just gave excuses. And didn’t seem like he had any intention making any changes.

I’m reserving judgment on Lue. I don’t know if he’s a good coach. But the fact multiple other teams besides us were considering him for HC must mean something.

yah i have more hope with lue and yall know ive been asking for doc to get fired like 3-4 years ago

lue at least has an open mind and would adapt to situations instead of just running the same thing hoping things change and talent would prevail

doc is a good coach but i still say dude is still riding off of one chip that really does seem like the team won despite him

Back
Top Bottom