OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

batum most likely done and washed for now, but a low risk signing with a possible high reward if he outplays expectations

If we’re not going to trade for a PG, might as well just re-sign Reggie (unless Kawhi hates him for some reason).

Really don’t like the idea of going into the season without a solid vet back-up to Pat Bev. And it’s not because I’ve decided Pat sucks like a lot of people have, but because I have no faith in him staying healthy.

i just dont like patbev as a pg, he should be back-up and just play him crunchtime if they are desperate for defense

Batum can still play a little bit. His role and contract were way too large in Charlotte. IMO

All he needs to do for us is shoot 3s at 35% and defend wings and the occasional point guard in spot duty...off the bench.

I think he has the ability to change the narrative on his career with the Clippers...Will he? Idk. But I hope so

Last edited:
ibaka is an upgrade over trezz and replaces jamychal on stretching the floor

kennard could be an upgrade over shamet if he is healthy

need a better pg for sure but i guess it could have been worse?

its not the flashyiest, sexiest moves out there but they stay in the top 3 team in the west/league if healthy, in the end its gon’ be up to lue to get them all to mesh and get others to pick up slack where its necessary

It's all gonna come down to chemistry this year. If we have it, we win, if we don't...rinse+repeat.

We do need a starting level point guard. I believe we will have one by the trade deadline. If there's one guy I have faith in, it's logo.

It's all gonna come down to chemistry this year. If we have it, we win, if we don't...rinse+repeat.

We do need a starting level point guard. I believe we will have one by the trade deadline. If there's one guy I have faith in, it's logo.
It's gotta be Rose.

I sense Bev is on the move and possibly Lue Will. Sucks, I like LW, more then Rose, but if we can land Rose, and have Bobby Smurda run the backup, we better set than currently.

I like Bev. Lou should be moved
I feel you iheartboost iheartboost but I like bev and agree with erupts that LPL needs to be moved.

Bev needs to play 18-24 mins at most in a crunch time and/or backup role.

I like D rose, but something on me feels like rondo isn't off the table yet via trade.

I wouldn’t be mad about acquiring Rondo or Rose if it only costs Pat or Lou, but I honestly don’t think either would move the needle for this team that much. TBH, I don’t think there is another PG we could realistically go out and get that would materially increase our chances at a title.

We need health, better coaching, better chemistry and PG to play like a superstar all the time.

only PG on the market that could have made the impact we needed was CP3, but no way that was going to happen and i would not have been happy if we gutted the team to take on that contract

health and chemistry on the court are the biggest thing that i look forward to from this season. i expect a slow start to the season with how short this off-season is, but as long as they can gel and get a good flow into the postseason, we should be in a good spot

I wouldn’t be mad about acquiring Rondo or Rose if it only costs Pat or Lou, but I honestly don’t think either would move the needle for this team that much. TBH, I don’t think there is another PG we could realistically go out and get that would materially increase our chances at a title.

We need health, better coaching, better chemistry and PG to play like a superstar all the time.
I could see the hawks biting on LPL especially since he's from Atlanta.

It would take another player to even out the money I believe. I don't think rondo makes much impact. However, with how he performed with the Lakers in the bubble and his "high bb IQ", maybe during those times where we couldn't buy a bucket, he could've put people in place to get a few? Idk

Last edited:
^^^ I’m hoping that the new coaching staff will help eliminate those stretches of deer-in-the-headlights ineptitude we saw too often last playoff run.

either would be an upgrade, last year it felt like doc was forcing kawhi to be like lebron and handle and distribute when thats just not his game

kawhi needs a playmaker so he can concentrate on scoring and defending a la lowry/vanvleet or parker/ginobili so a rondo/rose automatically makes them better, rose moreso as he can also score at times

either would be an upgrade, last year it felt like doc was forcing kawhi to be like lebron and handle and distribute when thats just not his game

kawhi needs a playmaker so he can concentrate on scoring and defending a la lowry/vanvleet or parker/ginobili so a rondo/rose automatically makes them better, rose moreso as he can also score at times
Idk if he's attainable, but if the raptors stumble, I'd look for lowry to be available...imo

Back
Top Bottom