OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

didnt see the game, was it a blowout from the start?

and again, the damn medical staff :smh:

Not a blow out the whole way. We got down by double-figures in the first quarter as usual, but fought back and actually took a one point lead in the third quarter. But then had a dry spell, a few bad turnovers and Memphis made some threes and quickly pulled ahead by 15.

I was a PG hater from back in his Indy days but he’s blown me away this season (and last postseason). If we had the usual Kawhi, we would be right there with GSW. He’s getting whatever he wants, even tho he’s basically the only guy that can creat his own shot. Reggie helps, but he’s liable for a 2/15 night every now and then :lol:

i saw that its just batum that was hurt outside of the usual, why di coffey start over mann?

i mean i get it that you may want more energy off the bench (he isnt really a off the bench instant scoring) but coffey ended up playing 29min over manns 24min

pels tonight should be a good bounce back but the next two games b2b with dallas even at home is gon be tough even without luka (dont know, he might be back by then) so they got to step up, bu the next stretch after isnt too bad

NOP
DAL
DAL
DET
GSW
NOP
SAC
LAL
SAC

just gon need suns to beat dallas again tonight and for the bulls to take care of the nuggets

really surprise mook isnt back yet either

i saw that its just batum that was hurt outside of the usual, why di coffey start over mann?

Mann was coming off an ankle injury. He missed the previous game and was questionable before last night’s game. I’m HOPING that’s why he came off the bench and played less minutes than Coffey

I was a PG hater from back in his Indy days but he’s blown me away this season (and last postseason). If we had the usual Kawhi, we would be right there with GSW. He’s getting whatever he wants, even tho he’s basically the only guy that can creat his own shot. Reggie helps, but he’s liable for a 2/15 night every now and then :lol:

PG really has been amazing. My only slight gripe with him is the number of errant passes he throws, which has been up the last few games. But that's it.

Mann was coming off an ankle injury. He missed the previous game and was questionable before last night’s game. I’m HOPING that’s why he came off the bench and played less minutes than Coffey

if its injury then it makes sense but the. its abck to the terrible medical staff again

if i were a clipper, id definitely hire my own team

PG really has been amazing. My only slight gripe with him is the number of errant passes he throws, which has been up the last few games. But that's it.

My biggest issue with PG is him falling over on drives. He seems to try to get too low or maybe just expects contact that sin’t there. Either way, he gets off balance and stumbles on drives at least a few times a game. It’s weird and frustrating :lol:

Speaking of drives. Coffey wasn’t super terrible last night overall, but the few times he drove were pathetic lmao. Straight up has no finishing skills. Not eem sure if that’s something you can develop this late in the game. Boston Jr has all the confidence in the world. He’s either gonna be a star or Dion Waiters. Nothing in between IMO :lol:

Yikes. Just had four good shots on a single possession and came up empty. We’re not winning this one.

Yikes. Just had four good shots on a single possession and came up empty. We’re not winning this one.

its very telling, that last offensive rebound by zu in the paint, didny even bother to look gor gis shot and attack, just immediately turned to see whose standing behind the arc

not watching the game but we blew a double digit lead to the pels? just us not being aggressive and settling for jump shots i assume?
Show me the clippers 3 point percentage and I'll tell you whether we won or lost. Tonight as I write this, pg is 3-14 from 3, everyone else seems like they're 0-3.

If this team wants to be more than what they've been, they have to adjust when the shots aren't falling.

i mean if this doesnt tell you anything then i dont know what does

i guess they are legally contracted to pick a player of the game even if you lose

i mean great, he shot 4-7 but its 12pts in 31min... i guess just pick the least terrible player?

nico.png

PG shot a grand total of 0 FTs over the last two games. I think lack of calls was part of why he (and some other guys) settled for long-range launch mode. Can’t stop attacking though because there are long-range benefits to being thought of as a team that’s aggressive about going to the basket, even if you don’t get a good whistle in every game.

IMO

this team is good. And on some nights really good

but minus Serge/Mook/Kawhi/Nico dealing with an Achilles thing, that’s kind of pushing the team to it’s breaking point

basically my long winded way of saying that with this iteration of LAC, the scoring droughts while incredibly painful, are…expected? Not really a cause for concern? Doesn’t make it any less frustrating to watch, but they kind of should have bouts of struggle offense, especially on the road given what’s out there (especially with my son RJ letting me down. Was and am still expecting a big year from him:smh:)

^^^ Hopefully this changes after Mook and Serge start playing more, but right now the team basically goes as Reggie goes. He gets 20 or close on efficient shooting and we win, if he's down in the teens or lower, its a struggle for us.

But I agree that, given how shorthanded we are right now, some struggle offensive games are to be expected. Especially when we can't get to the FT line.

The last two teams that beat us are both getting washed tonight. That feels good.

The Grizzlies and Pelicans lost by 60+ combined American pernts tonight. Guess we wore them out.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom