OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Man, we're gonna have a fun *** team. Gonna be a good season fo us fans.

Blake finna remind everyone he's one of the best players in the league.

Man listen...it's criminal how people have forgotten about him.

As if he didn't put up 22/8/5 WITH Chris JJ and Jamal on the team. As if he wasn't incredibly good going into the playoffs last season. He had a stretch in February of last season where he was peak Blake.

Up Blake's minutes and usage a tad bit with CP gone, up his 3 point FGA's like they were post february 1st,

and 25/10/6 should EASILY be in play if he stays on the floor. One of the sad things of this past era was Blake not eclipsing CP as the team's best player and some of that is indeed on him. Regardless, the ceiling of a Blake Griffin led team SHOULD BE extremely high considering that IMO peak blake is a top 4 to 6 player in the league.

So yeah if nothing else this year, i'm just excited to see Blake unleashed and healthy, something that we haven't seen since really 2014.

It's basically an out-of-sight/out-of-mind thing with Blake's status right now. He's missed so much time over the last couple years that people outside of devoted Clippers fans have forgotten how good he is. It also didn't help that he had subpar performances in some of our national TV games last year. All water under the bridge now though. I'm expecting big things from him.

Presser was good. Blake said a lot of good stuff. Happy he's back and wants to be a Clipper for life.

You know, it's weird. We lost arguably one of the best players ever and I'm actually more excited for the next season than I have been in a while. Just tells you how ****** the last two season have been...

IMG_0023.JPG

Wow. I just noticed new NT doesn't automatically censor curse words. I'll have to watch that. LOL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Signed, sealed and delivered. <a href="https://twitter.com/blakegriffin32">@BlakeGriffin32</a> talks re-signing and being with the <a href="https://twitter.com/LAClippers">@LAClippers</a> for the long haul. <a href="https://twitter.com/Kristina_Pink">@Kristina_Pink</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a> <a href="https://t.co/Kv4Shyn6uY">pic.twitter.com/Kv4Shyn6uY</a></p>&mdash; FOX Sports West (@FoxSportsWest) <a href="">July 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: HIM
Itching to see Blake being the leader this year. CAN'T WAIT.

Im thinking about season tickets again :lol:

I remember Laker fans on twitter and in here saying that Austin Rivers was an 11th or 12th man, and was only getting minutes because of his dad...

"Austin Rivers in 29 games as a starter last season: 34.5 minutes, 16.1 points, 3.8 assists, 2.9 rebounds, 45.8% FG, 42.0% 3pt. For an LA comparison... Caldwell-Pope started 75 games, averaged 33.3 minutes, 13.8 points, 2.5 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 39.9% FG, 35.0% 3pt

So where are we at in terms of depth chart?

I got-

PG - Bev, Teodosic, ???
SG - Austin, Lou Will, Thornwell(?)
SF - Gallo, Dekker, Wes
PF - Blake, Harrell, Brice
C - DJ, Reed, ???

Am I missing anyone?

So where are we at in terms of depth chart?

I got-

PG - Bev, Teodosic, ???
SG - Austin, Lou Will, Thornwell(?)
SF - Gallo, Dekker, Wes
PF - Blake, Harrell, Brice
C - DJ, Reed, ???

Am I missing anyone?

only person I see missing is Jawun, he actually signed a 3 year instead of a two way but other than that looks legit.

and this is unrelated but i'm getting this off lol KCP was well below avg in terms of PER last year, barely an avg 3pt shooter, shot below 40%, for 14 a game in way more min than Austin got. So if Austin isn't more than a 11th or 12 man then surely KCP is in the same boat, no? But because there's no fake nepotism angle to exploit and he plays for the Lakers we won't be hearing it.

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, I thought Evans got one of the two way contracts. Thanks for the correction.

Honestly, Austin could average 18 and 4 and make an all-defense team and there still would be people saying it's all because of Doc. Just how some people are.

Right, and I mean that's no knock to KCP (Even though i'm not that high on him at all)

but if Austin is a "fringe NBA player" then you undoubtedly have to feel the same way about KCP, and if KCP is a NBA starting 2 guard then so is Austin Rivers. Austin was better than KCP last year. The point is, is that neither are getting bump in the NBA because of family ties.

Speaking of Austin and starting, he did an interview yesterday:

Went to the Team LA Summer clearance sale just now. Was crazy, and time consuming. Took a while to go through the piles of stuff to find things my size, etc. but got a fitted for $20, some authentic away shorts for $30 and a t-shirt for $8. Was with the trip...especially considering it was a 3 block walk from my office.

^^^ That doesn't really surprise me. I think both sides knew the Clips didn't have enough money to give him what he wanted.

so are we one of the teams entered in to the Kyrie sweepstakes?

shame, i think we could have had him a few years ago for cp3 and probably got another player out of the deal too.

free agent/trade rules aside...dont know what the rules are for a situation like thins.

IMO i almost feel like CLE would be interested in a package that looks like... beverly/gallo/lou williams etc rather than DJ

^^^ I've seen nothing indicating that we've reached out to CLE. The FO may have decided it's too much of a long shot to bother.

Kyrie is a hell of a player but no thanks. Let's wait a year and see what we can grab next summer.

Back
Top Bottom