OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

^^^ All that proves is that you need bigs; not that you need all-star bigs. We could trade DJ and get everything we need from the C position from Harrell and Green.

^^^ I do agree though that trading DJ for Kyrie would leave us with an unbalanced roster and that we need another good wing.

Kyrie aside, The DJ + Blake pairing has been at best, an awkward fit.

Too many times Blake has had to pick and pop because DJ's underneath, or too many times Blake's post ups have been blown up because DJ's man can guard two ppl because DJ is RIGHT there.

^^^ I do agree though that trading DJ for Kyrie would leave us with an unbalanced roster and that we need another good wing.

Absolutely, this is true and there is no guarantee that we're better w/ kyrie. But to me he's a talent that you just get and figure out the rest later. He's fantastic to me, albeit extremely polarizing.

And what you said was true. I was dissapointed when DJ left us for Dallas but I was on the Javale McGhee campaign.

I like DJ a lot and he's far and away superseded expectations but he kind of comes off as a very expensive accessory.

Lakers also would had never won without their big. Even gasol had a higher PER than kobe in both finals
Pretty much most teams wouldn't had

Lakers also would had never won without their big. Even gasol had a higher PER than kobe in both finals
Pretty much most teams wouldn't had

Blake is a big. We'd still have him.

I would prefer to Keep DJ as-is though. Don't think Kyrie/Blake makes us any better than Blake/DJ.

To be a contender a team for sure needs a player who can protect the rim, rebound and set screens, but in today's NBA it does not have to be a traditional center. GSW is at their best when 6'8" Draymond plays center.

We already have players on the roster besides DJ who can do those things, so I do consider him expendable if we can get another star for him. Kyrie just isn't my first choice for that other star.

Brad Turner said Kyrie deal unlikely. Cavs apparently want a starter, a young player on a rookie deal and picks for Kyrie. We don't have picks to offer unless another team helps out.

^^^ I thought that ther was rule restricting how quickly a team and trade a guy they just traded for? Or is that for guys who sign as FAs? I just remember hearing someone on the radio say that a guy who just changed teams wasn't eligible to be traded again until like December.

Edit - I was right the 1st time. None of the guys we got from HOU can be traded until late August. Any FA's we just signed can't go anywhere until December. So, the only guys we could trade for Kyrie right now are DJ, Austin, Wes and Brice.

Last edited:
Cavs :smh:
if they dont take DJ/Beverly for KI

i am not a huge fan of the deal for LAC, but not against it either. i am pretty sure we would be in the running to get DJ back after 2017-18 anyway.

but the cavs would have a dynamic defensive minded center that could switch everything plus the defensive PG that every offensive PG hates to face (which is why i love him in LAC) for the cavs if they could make this deal and then pry away carmelo from the knicks for love or TT, they'd have a pretty decent shot at a title next year...espcially if a 3D wing becomes available by the trade deadline. i dont think the cavs will pull the trigger right away on any trade unless they are blown away, but i dont think KI will start the season as a cav

a griffin/gallinari/irving team would be exciting to watch.

and i am still not convinced that Kyrie is all about winning.

Last edited:
^^^ I thought that ther was rule restricting how quickly a team and trade a guy they just traded for? Or is that for guys who sign as FAs? I just remember hearing someone on the radio say that a guy who just changed teams wasn't eligible to be traded again until like December.

Edit - I was right the 1st time. None of the guys we got from HOU can be traded until late August. Any FA's we just signed can't go anywhere until December. So, the only guys we could trade for Kyrie right now are DJ, Austin, Wes and Brice.

Kind of correct. You can trade guys like Pat Bev, it just can't be officially put in place until Late August.

FA's can't be traded till December / January,

Knew this potentially could happen since Dolan bought The Forum, but I didn't give it any credence.

Still think it'll get done, (And before 2024 too. We'll be out of staples by at least 2022, no later than 2023) but it'll be ugly.

Yeah, so Gallo's fitting right in already. Broke his hand punching someone in the face in Eurobasket. SMFH.

Call me crazy but I like that :lol:

Was it a break? I just read a Woj tweet saying he'll be ready by camp and no surgery required.

Don't **** with these Clippers. We'll put paws on you. Ball boys, too.

Call me crazy but I like that :lol:

Was it a break? I just read a Woj tweet saying he'll be ready by camp and no surgery required.

Don't **** with these Clippers. We'll put paws on you. Ball boys, too.

The thing I saw said he fractured it, so I hope Woj is right about the time table.

Meh, for over a year now Lawrence has been operating as the president of Basketball Ops to begin with. Doc was in that role in name only.

At least it appeared that way IMO

Last edited:
Meh, for over a year now Lawrence has been operating as the president of Basketball Ops to begin with. Doc was in that role in name only.

At least it appeared that way IMO

This may be true, but if my sources are correct, this was an important hurdle we had to clear if we wanted to bring in Ryan West. We'll see doe.

This may be true, but if my sources are correct, this was an important hurdle we had to clear if we wanted to bring in Ryan West. We'll see doe.

Oh now that makes me giddy.

One of the reasons Ryan West ain't really ******* with the Lakers right now is because of that fact, that LAL completely looked over him in favor of magic for that President job.

Regardless, for me it's ancillary. No matter who was, is, or will be our president, if our best players continue to miss 20+ games a season, it won't matter. We kill Doc, but never really mention that fact. It's tough to break through when you can't get higher than a 3 seed, and a big reason for that is because you have Blake and / or CP missing a lot of time every single year.

Reactions: HIM
^^^ We were basically healthy in 2014 and 2015 and had epic chokes both seasons. Yeah, CP missed the first couple games against the Rockets but we still went up 3-1. No excuse for blowing that series. The game 5 meltdown against OKC the year before was also inexcusable.

And Doc has been at the helm of playoff collapses everywhere he's gone. He is not as good a coach as he thinks he is.

Injuries or no, Doc hasn't delivered on what he was brought in to do so far. Makes perfect sense for Ballmer to put him on a short leash.

Back
Top Bottom