OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

G1 of 82. I like it.

Pat giving us that nasty fervor. I dig it man.

Blake doing blake things. I don't think any of us who actually watched the Clips are surprised at how he looked tonight. Austin looked like ****, but other than that, had to LOVE what you saw tonight. And no one got injured :pimp: :pimp:

Solid win last night. Hard to take too much from it because of how bad the Lakers were.

Blake was good. A few too many errant post-ups, which he acknowledged after the game, but everything else was good.

DJ did what DJ does, plus was 4-4 from the line. Lou also did what he does. We’re not going to miss Jamal at all.

Milos was ok. I think it will take him a while to really hit is groove in the NBA. But he knocked down a couple open 3s, which was nice to see.

I’m not too worried about Austin. The defense and quickness were there; he just couldn’t make a shot. I think he’ll get better. IIRC, he only played like 1 preseason game. Needs to get his offensive rhythm going.

Wes continues to be solid off the bench. Willie Reed was too.

Finally, Pat Bev. Dude is everything we thought he’d be. Maybe a little too amped up at times. I think it’s hilarious how that one game and some post-game comments quickly made him the most hated man in LakerNation. LOL.

Yeah AR played one preseason game prior to last night so him struggling probably should have been expected by myself. IIRC he also started last season going 3/25 from the 3pt line before turning it around. Was still a dog defensively though. Him and Pat Beverly hounding guards :pimp:

patrick-beverley-lonzo-ball-lavar.jpg

lonzo-ball-patrick-beverley

Patrick-Beverley-Lonzo-Ball.png

usatsi_10356800.jpg

Bev had dude twerking, picking up $1s and break dancing SMH

Clippers looking real good even though they haven't played anybody yet. Clippers have always been my unofficial 2nd team, and this is my favorite Clipper team ever, thanks to Beverley and Harrell. Beverley is my 2nd favorite player in the league.

Im a bit optimistic about the x rays. Did Kobe/wes matthews etc get x rays when they tore their Achilles? I homestly don’t know but I feel like if they thought it was an achilles they would have just done an mri.

Again I have no idea lol. Is this commom practice?

Also Willie Reed has played some good basketball these last couple of games.
ABSOLUTE steal for $1.5M. Like, how does someone like him only get that? Didn't he fire his agent and claimed "malpractice" or something like that? Like he told him not to sign a 3/$15M because he could do better?

Im a bit optimistic about the x rays. Did Kobe/wes matthews etc get x rays when they tore their Achilles? I homestly don’t know but I feel like if they thought it was an achilles they would have just done an mri.

i think with achilles, you pretty much know right away. You can see the achilles torn.

Normally, for an Achilles you perform a Thompson test, and if you can't tell by that, then you get an MRI. MRI's are pretty common for an Achilles Diagnosis, I had to get one. I read that he's getting one tomorrow morning so we'll see.

He's had calf issues before and had calf issues this past summer so hopefully it's just a really bad strain or something and not an achilles tear.

We haven't played anyone but it's encouraging that we're handling these teams the way we're supposed to.

Pat and Gallo look like fits around DJ and Blake, and Pat looks to be really making the most out of an increased role offensively. His spirit has already infused through the team. Looks like they're having a blast.

Blake looks terrific and beyond the raw numbers, the fact that he's taking a ton of 3's so far is encouraging. Picking up right where he left off last season.

i think with achilles, you pretty much know right away. You can see the achilles torn.

I think it depends on whether it's a full or partial tear. When I blew my Achilles there was a noticeable gap or hole where part of the tendon should have been, so the doctor I saw pretty much knew immediately. He ordered and MRI anyway, just to get a clearer picture of the extent of the injury. But he knew right away. Partial tears may be more difficult to diagnose.

It's probably a good sign that Milos was able to walk, but not determinative. Fingers crossed the MRI doesn't show anything really bad and it's something relatively minor.

Happy with how the first two games have gone, but the Lakers and Phoenix are pretty bad teams. Utah on Tuesday will be a tougher test. Looking forward to it.

yeah, have to temper the excitement a little bit but i think we're more thrilled about the fact that we have more pieces this season and losing CP3 should devastate whatever team he left, and it really hasn't, so far. Will they be as good or better than previous seasons with CP3? Probably not and way too early to tell. But we certainly are a 45+ wins team and i can live with that.

Please let Milos be ok. 30 year old with a torn achilles isn't a good thing. Is it too much to ask for some healthy this season?

Back
Top Bottom