OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

The West is stacked, so I probably shouldn't take it to hard when some "experts" pick us to finish out of the playoffs. But I was low key kind of pissed when I heard someone on the radio today have us behind Portland, NOP, Denver, Minny and Memphis. Seriously? Memphis? Who do they even have anymore besides Gasol and Connley? Pelicans?

Also, I don't miss Mike Smith. At all. I had forgotten that Bowen is a Cali kid.

This is gonna be a fun team.

Also, idk if it’s because it’s a preseason game but we aren’t complaining about calls tonight.

Through one preseason game...I can't get Jiggy with Bruce Bowen :lol: bruh is dry. Gonna take some time getting used to.

Also, let us never forget that that clown Michael Eaves said Blake wouldn't be back to December. Just another flaw in that BS that he posted about LAC that spread like wildfire. Anyway...

1st preseason game in the books:
- Blake looks awesome. Ready. Sharp. Shot looks beautiful. Looks primed for a revenge year. I'm here for it. People have forgotten how good he is.
- Milos with the ball is special. We don't have another guard on the team that can make the reads he makes off of PnR. DJ was really only able to get involved offensively when Milos was on the floor this season.
- Gallo is a FT magnet. I like the idea of running offense through him.
- Nobody got hurt. YES

Through one preseason game...I can't get Jiggy with Bruce Bowen :lol: bruh is dry. Gonna take some time getting used to.

Man...Michael Smith was a homer scumbag but the chemistry he had with Ralph was great. This goober Bowen couldn’t eem tell Ralph was being sarcastic about the refs. I enjoyed him explaining some of thy’all defensive intricacies tho. **** him anyway, tho.

I still think this is a top 4-5 team in the West if healthy...with potential to go where we've never been before as a franchise and fan base. Milos and Beverly will give people issues in their own way. Looking fwd to this season. Hopefully that ball whips around like crazy this year.

Y’all watching tonight? 10pm start is gonna be a strong no from me.

Caught fire in the 3rd just now lol This third quarter from him is Peak Blake

Yeah. I peeped after I posted. He got in his bag in that stretch in the 3rd. 3 ball, attacking closeouts, deflections and just plain sauce :pimp:.

I spoke to soon :lol:. Really enjoy the pace they're playing with. Pat Bev looks great....Gallo looks to be in good shape and moving the ball (for now :rolleyes)....and That Euro PG dudes passing is contagious. Lonzo like. You can see everybody running a lot harder and making the extra passs when he's in the game.

If Austin ain't have the newfound 3ball and defensive versatility....I'd be ALL in favor for starting Milo and Pat Bev together....

Yeah. I peeped after I posted. He got in his bag in that stretch in the 3rd. 3 ball, attacking closeouts, deflections and just plain sauce :pimp:.

I spoke to soon :lol:. Really enjoy the pace they're playing with. Pat Bev looks great....Gallo looks to be in good shape and moving the ball (for now :rolleyes)....and That Euro PG dudes passing is contagious. Lonzo like. You can see everybody running a lot harder and making the extra passs when he's in the game.

If Austin ain't have the newfound 3ball and defensive versatility....I'd be ALL in favor for starting Milo and Pat Bev together....

Man Austin's my guy and even I wouldn't be opposed to it. Milos is legit. Issue obviously is who's guarding 2's out of Milos and Pat, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Milo's sauce is contagious. And DJ's way better with Milos on the floor. Early preseason, but DJ had a nice 15 today with Milos starting, and the only time he was involved offensively the first game was when Milos was in the game.

Plus Milos + Lou Williams in the 2nd unit is concerning from a defensive perspective so starting him may actually be the move.

Due to a long day (and my advanced age), I didn't stay up for the game last night. The highlights were though.

So, I definitely like what the team did in the offseason dealing with the CP3 departure. I like the roster overall and I’m excited about the new season. That said, I do think the fact we don’t have an athletic vet with good size that can play 2/3 is going to hurt us. We’re fortunate that both Austin and Bev can capably defend bigger guys, but I think we’d better with a 6’7” wing with defensive ability — who is not Wes Johnson.

So, I definitely like what the team did in the offseason dealing with the CP3 departure. I like the roster overall and I’m excited about the new season. That said, I do think the fact we don’t have an athletic vet with good size that can play 2/3 is going to hurt us. We’re fortunate that both Austin and Bev can capably defend bigger guys, but I think we’d better with a 6’7” wing with defensive ability — who is not Wes Johnson.

Yeah Wes has looked really good in the preseason...but he's still Wes Johnson.

It looks like Wes is in the lead for the back up wing behind Gallo so we'll see how it works out. He can't really guard so hopefully against 2nd units his defensive is passable and that he regains his shooting from the first year with us. Corner shooting was elite. There's a rotation player in him, hopefully.

In other news,

Hopefully this is all precautionary and that they'll be ready for opening night next week.

Also, Blake's taking like a little over 4 3's a game in the preseason so far. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm here for it. He's looked sharp and ready.

Y’all see the Blake interview with Bowen? It was pretty mch about Blake now being the leader of the team. Bowen asked him about his leadership style and Blake said he’s not one to yell or scream at players. I’m probably looking way too much into that but I couldn’t help but think it was a reference to CP3’s style :lol:

Back
Top Bottom