OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Team has an insane rating Offensively and Defensively just like last year

But I'm cautiously optimistic about this iteration of LAC as long as they stay healthy

The defense features Pat, Austin, DJ, and guys like Willie Reed, Sindarius (*pats self on the back for calling that doc would play him*) etc. they SHOULD for sure be a top 10 defense. There's no Mo Speights, JJ Redick, Jamal Crawford, etc. In the rotation to suggest this is a fluke

Offensively is where the team looks DRASTICALLY different from the CP era. The Clips are 29th in the league in midrange shot attempts, and if you've ever watched cp, especially with the Clippers then you know how crazy being 29th in the league in that stat is. They're also 1st in the league in % of shots at the rim, and if you've seen the Clippers in recent years you know how crazy that stat is. They're also taking a tad bit more 3's so far.

So essentially the team (especially Blake) have turned all their midrange shots into 3's and shots at the rim, an offense that should be able to translate a bit better come postseason.

^^^ Also, while it’s still just a small sample, this team is looking tougher than the last few squads. That game last night is one we would have lost last year. This version of the team, so far, is cutting out a lot of the BS and just playing.

Really looking forward to Monday. Not saying we’ll beat the Dubs, but pretty confident we won’t go out like punks against them like we had been the last two years.

Reactions: HIM
^^^ Also, while it’s still just a small sample, this team is looking tougher than the last few squads. That game last night is one we would have lost last year. This version of the team, so far, is cutting out a lot of the BS and just playing.

Really looking forward to Monday. Not saying we’ll beat the Dubs, but pretty confident we won’t go out like punks against them like we had been the last two years.

They for sure have more spirit. The Utah 2nd half and the 2nd half last night showed a grit in this team that previously wasn't there. I remember the games against the Nets last year, Philly last year, Sac game last year, where teams would make a run and overtake us because we weren't fighting back. At least early on, that looks different.

14 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the #1 rebounding team in the league.

Really starting to become a thing. Who would have thought the key to our off neige rebounding woes would have been a point guard :lol: Pat a beast on the glass.

Yup. Pat Beverly came into the league and from jump was a fantastic ORebounder for a guard. His OBoard percentage as a rookie was a 7.2. He's at a 8.2 this season. For perspective, Russ avg'd a triple double last year and his OReb% was at a 5.4.

To your point, CP hasn't come close to keeping alive plays the way Pat Bev has,and this is a safe bet to continue because this has been who he's been as a pro. He averaged 7 boards per 36 last year He can rebound for real.

Reactions: HIM
looking fwd to this upcoming gsw game as an early measuring stick.
gsw giving up 114.2ppg this season, good for 3rd worst in the league. scoring 120 which is best but the diff is only 5.8

LAC scoring 111ppg and giving up a league best 91.8

^^^ I’m looking forward to the Warrior game too, but we need to handle business against Detroit tonight. This is for the kind of game is past seasons where we might get caught slippin, but I’m hoping this new version of the squad isn’t as prone to that kind of thing.

^^^ I’m looking forward to the Warrior game too, but we need to handle business against Detroit tonight. This is for the kind of game is past seasons where we might get caught slippin, but I’m hoping this new version of the squad isn’t as prone to that kind of thing.

I used to get so 'up' for the GSW games, and I still do.

But games like tonight I get just as 'up' and highkey even more. It borders on paranoia at times :lol: because these are the games that are so important. We're -8.5 point favorites for tonight. At home. These are the kinds of games that kill you at the end of the regular season.

You can't win all of the games in which you're a heavy favorite, but you gotta win as much as you can. Because we play in the pacific division, that's already 4 losses on our record because GSW is in our division, making games like tonight must wins.

But we look really good, and hopefully we handle business tonight.

Such a terrible game. Blake missed so many makeable shots. Offense was awful all game long. We need Milos.

Good thing we have the Warriors coming up. 5-1 after Monday.

Can't overlook teams man, which is what it felt like. We were awful all night minus some Austin Rivers 3's. Piss poor offense.

One concerning trend from the last two games is us letting hot shooters continue to get good looks. It as Aminu for the Blazers and a dude whose name I’ve already forgotten for the Pistons, which makes it all the more irritating.

Just a bad game all around last night.

Needless to say, we need to be much sharper against the Warriors or we’re going to get rolled...

Word to my man erupt we need a pg man (milos )

Offense is wayy too hard because our guards can't deliver on the money pocket and difficult passes that the sets we run make available

you were right OG. but, in defense. DETbasketball is doing pretty well now. what is the world coming to with DET and ORL? i dont know if their success will hold for 82, but both are playing well.

i still feel like the game tomorrow will give us a great idea of where we are as a team in relation to the WC elite.

gsw isnt playing great defensive basketball now. they better make sure that its just a phase and not a growing culture...or else.

defensively, this LAC team will be awesome come playoff time (if healthy)
i have been suggesting addition by subtraction since CP3 left and so far, looks like that might be the case.

Reading The Vertical piece on us right now and some of the stats are mind boggling in terms of how rare it was for a team as good as ours over the past 6 seasons, not get to the conference finals. I know everything is results based, but the playoff "failures" really do not tell the entire story

Based on regular season success, the Lob City Clippers would rank among the best teams over the past six years. Their total of 313 wins is tied with Oklahoma City for the third-most, trailing only San Antonio (353) and Golden State (328). Among those four teams, the clippers were THE ONLY one to never reach the NBA Finals or make at least two trips to the conference finals. The Clippers also joined the San Antonio Spurs as the only team to win at least 50 games in each of the past five seasons. Those wins, however never translated in the postseason, where they were just 24-33 and kept banging their heads at the second round ceiling.

I don't know what's more remarkable, how good the Clippers were over the past 6 seasons or the fact that we never broke through. The Clips not being able to break through given how good they were w/how long they were good, is extremely rare, and so are the catastrophic ways that our seasons ended as well.

Part of GSW's problems so far definitely have to do with them half-assing a bit and trying to turn it on when they need to. I don't think we'll get any breaks from them. They're still going to want to kill us even though our personnel might be different. So, we're going to have to play really well to win. Looking forward to seeing it.

Milos is def missed in a game like this. Blake holding the rock and getting doubled ain't the move.

That 3ball for real though :pimp:

Milos is def missed in a game like this. Blake holding the rock and getting doubled ain't the move.

That 3ball for real though :pimp:

Out offense is so damn predictable. The Warriors always have someone primed to double Blake. Doc never counters.

We haven’t had a remotely close game against GSW since Kerr took over for Jackson. I know they’re ridiculously good and get up for us, but that is unacceptable.

Out offense is so damn predictable. The Warriors always have someone primed to double Blake. Doc never counters.

Not a Doc thing, here...I don't think IMO.

The conundrum that LAC has with GSW is that nothing you do schematically will work because GSW blows everything up with their switching. They've got A1 defenders switching everything, so it forces you to play more 1v1 than you would like. As KD said after they played us last year, "We just make them be ballplayers and make tough shots." Even when Blake looks like he's playing 1v1 he isn't because there's always some rangy defender either shadow doubling, digging, or full fledged double teaming.

That's the conundrum that the entire league has with GSW, they blow everybody's **** up it's just amplified with us because 1) GSW's combo of Draymond + size & length neuters Our best player(s) (Blake, CP in the past) and 2) They hate us.

Back
Top Bottom