OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I honestly didn't care about this game that much because whenever I project the Clips I automatically put like 4 losses to GSW :lol:

GSW games are not where we make our hay. It's winning as many games that we're supposed to win. Way more hot over the Detroit game than this one. We were favorited, held multiple 10+ point leads, and let that one slip away. That hurts more than this one.

Wednesday is a must win.

^^^ I see what you’re saying, but can’t agree completely. We never do anything different against the Warriors. It’s always just give the ball to Blake and let him try to work. Plays right into the Warriors hands.

Look, I know the Warriors are exceptional and always get up to play us, but I still feel like there are things we could at least try to compete with them better.

^^^ I see what you’re saying, but can’t agree completely. We never do anything different against the Warriors. It’s always just give the ball to Blake and let him try to work. Plays right into the Warriors hands.

Look, I know the Warriors are exceptional and always get up to play us, but I still feel like there are things we could at least try to compete with them better.

Well bro, they were like a top 8 of all time offense last year...and they're better so far this year on that end. They are literally 'that' good.

I have no idea what Doc should do schematically to change our fortunes against them. Every screen you could possibly set is switched. Then that leads to scenarios where Blake "looks" like he has a mismatch with Klay, or iggy or someone but it's not because they aren't guarding blake one on one, but they're also not full fledged doubling. They're shadow doubling with length, so like...what do you do? Idk :lol: they've lost like 42 times since 2015. We just matchup terribly with them, they have the length and personnel to kill all our best stuff, and they are in their division so we see them more than everyone else.

To me, unless Blake completely starts frying guys for switching (and he's not because that's not the kind of player he is) we'll continue to look like *** against them lol

But I mean...this is a team that's in the midst of maybe the greatest run in league history, we not in they league,they fighting with Jordan, Russell, Magic Johnson and larry and those boys, they fighting for history. They're literally in another stratosphere than we're in so I don't really sweat it. It sucks but it is what it is.

^^^ I get all of what you’re saying. I’ll bow to the Warriors greatness and expect 30 point beat downs from them until their core breaks up.

Still, it’s pretty infuriating to lose to them the same way every damn time. Killed by offensive boards, sloppy, unforced turnovers and perpetually lost on defense leading to a bunch of uncontested buckets by them.

I understand how good the Warriors are. I really do. But it’s still hard for me to accept that the talent gap between the teams is so great that it was an inevitability for us to get absolutely crushed by them 12 times in a row or whatever it is (and counting).

Last edited:
Solid W last night. Took care of business against a bad team. Good way to get back on track after the Dubs game.

Memphis up next, which should be a good one.

Solid W last night. Took care of business against a bad team. Good way to get back on track after the Dubs game.

Memphis up next, which should be a good one.

Part of what makes a good team good is handling the teams we're supposed to beat. Real good win.

Gotta sweep this weekend because that road trip next week...sheesh

I think GS 73-9 season we played them tough thr first two matchups. Actually the very first matchup that season we were up like 8 halfway through thr 4th and then their bench hit 5 threes or something crazy. That was the last time we were competitive tho lol

I think GS 73-9 season we played them tough thr first two matchups. Actually the very first matchup that season we were up like 8 halfway through thr 4th and then their bench hit 5 threes or something crazy. That was the last time we were competitive tho lol

iirc We were up 10 in the 4th in the oracle that year, then like next week we played them we lead by as many as 25.

Sigh :frown:

Part of what makes a good team good is handling the teams we're supposed to beat. Real good win.

Gotta sweep this weekend because that road trip next week...sheesh

IDK, back-to-back 12:30 starts this weekend. That's a little funky. Bet we drop one of them. Road trip is tough -- SAS, OKC and NOP. None of them have really been playing lights out, but still good teams who have tough buildings. Good stretch for seeing what this team's really about.

Would be nice of have Milos back soon. But I hear he's now in a walking boot, which isn't exactly a good sign.

IDK, back-to-back 12:30 starts this weekend. That's a little funky. Bet we drop one of them. Road trip is tough -- SAS, OKC and NOP. None of them have really been playing lights out, but still good teams who have tough buildings. Good stretch for seeing what this team's really about.

Would be nice of have Milos back soon. But I hear he's now in a walking boot, which isn't exactly a good sign.

Milos apparently was riding the bike today at practice so that's a great sign. Need him back soon though

But yeah I agree upcoming road trip will for sure be a good rest. These 12:30 starts are why Steve wants his own arena. Being the 3rd tenant is so ****** man smh

^^^ I’m not a huge fans of all the day games either. Not that I exactly have a packed social schedule, but who wants to stay home for 3 hours on the middle of the day on the weekend? Much prefer the night games.

I hate early starts like this so much. We've got to get to a new building asap. Had no spirit or energy until the 3rd quarter essentially. Us being down 4 at the half was a miracle. Was more active in the 2nd half, made it winnable but man.

And I'll say this again, we need a point guard. Just bad offense for most of today, minus blake bailouts. Not getting nearly the amount of north and south basketball that we need out of our guards against good teams. The defense, especially in the 2nd half wasn't terrible, but when you turn it over, get bad quality shots, etc. it puts more pressure on your defense than need be.

I hate early starts like this so much. We've got to get to a new building asap. Had no spirit or energy until the 3rd quarter essentially. Us being down 4 at the half was a miracle. Was more active in the 2nd half, made it winnable but man.

And I'll say this again, we need a point guard. Just bad offense for most of today, minus blake bailouts. Not getting nearly the amount of north and south basketball that we need out of our guards against good teams. The defense, especially in the 2nd half wasn't terrible, but when you turn it over, get bad quality shots, etc. it puts more pressure on your defense than need be.

All this, bro. All of it. We were sleep waking in the 1st half and Memphis is too good for us to do that and beat them. The early start isn’t an excuse for how we played, but this game fit with a pattern.

I also hate how Mike Conley now is unconscious whenever he plays LAC

He didn’t actually do much in the second half, but Tyreke “Can’t shoot” Evans picked up the slack. Seems like it’s always someone who gets unconscious for 3 against us.

I can’t even hate that Memphis team. The got a dope roster. Guys just get after it.

We meed Milos.

Didn't even put my record prediction for us on NT this yr I don't think

I have us going 48-34 with some possibility of going 1-2 extra wins / losses in either direction

I can’t even hate that Memphis team. The got a dope roster. Guys just get after it.

Memphis is for sure a team that’s better than I️ thought they would be. Was questioning whether they’d make the playoffs even. Way underestimated how deep they are.

So, BG and Kendall Jenner are official now. She was sitting courtside yesterday...and we took an L. Just saying.

Yesterday’s loss was mostly about energy and effort IMO, but the struggle offense sure didn’t help.

The lack of playmaking capabilities in our rotation guards is for sure a problem.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s loss was mostly about energy and effort IMO, but the struggle offense sure didn’t help.

The lack of playmaking capabilities in our rotation guards is for sure a problem.

Pat bev literally probes like steve nash and gets too deep at times because he can't make any of the complex passes that a milos can make so he keeps his dribble live.

But energy and effort in half one would have won it for us. Oh well. On one hand, our 3 losses are good losses, the bad is that they're all at home. I'm being overtly meticulous, but we're down to 37(?) home games after today and we've already lost 3 smh

Back
Top Bottom