OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

E-Bled to the Bucks for Monroe and a draft pick. Oh well. Didn’t think we’d wind up with him anyway.

Expectations are low for tonight. We haven’t been rotating to shooters well recently and only the Dubs move the ball better than the Spurs, Kahwi or no Kahwi.

Idk why but the Spurs have been confident against. They have minimal playmakers off the bounce, especially w/o Kawhi, and that plays to our advantage defensively. Also, they haven't been playing well either.

Gotta get back on the right track tonight. Don't even know if i'll be able to watch it :smh:

Fam, there is a not-so-farfetched idea that the Lakers will have a better record than us by the end of November :rofl:

Fam, there is a not-so-farfetched idea that the Lakers will have a better record than us by the end of November :rofl:

Yep. Entertained the same sobering thought recently. And just a few weeks ago, looked like we were in a totally different class from them. Comes at you fast, life does.

Reactions: HIM
Getting harder and harder to deny that we may actually just but trash as ****. Blake is our best passer and playmaker lmao.

Uh huh. This game going very much like lawdog1 thought it would. (Can’t type I️ anymore)

Team just looks mildly average right now, which may be what we are. They need a pg asap and may need to take Pat out of the starting lineup, but ima give them a few more games before I fire off a hot take that's brewing about Doc ( lawdog1 lawdog1 ) and Blake and the team as a whole.

Very disappointing. Thought that heart and effort wasn’t going to be a problem with this iteration of the team. But they’re looking just as ***** made as any previous version. I don’t know if I can watch any more games for a while because it’s seriously getting my blood pressure up.

Oh, and here’s a hot take not about Blake or Doc - DJ isn’t any better than the guys backing him up right now. Reed is more offensively skilled and Harrell just played harder. He’s been a non-factor except for a few good minutes here and there.

**** it i'll fire it off now.

This roster isn't built for 22ppg Blake Griffin, which is what he's looking like right now. If he's going to look like a 'good' 2nd option, then I have a bit of buyer's remorse. Whatever we're going to be starts with him and if he's going to be 22/9/4 ish, then the hell with the season. Because there is no CP or JJ to compensate for it. Pat Beverly isn't much of an offensive player, Austin Rivers is solid but if Blake is going to be that on this team, then we need more than what Austin can consistently give, Gallo is already hurt, and DJ can't score w/o Milos or CP.

So if Blake is going to be that, then the hell with the season, fire the coach, and let me sulk in buyers remorse because we're going to be bad and the definition of mediocre.

ugh

It kind of got me thinking, imagine if Kyrie would have asked to be traded earlier, before CP3 was traded, what would have been the odds that we could have traded those two?

Oh, and here’s a hot take not about Blake or Doc - DJ isn’t any better than the guys backing him up right now. Reed is more offensively skilled and Harrell just played harder. He’s been a non-factor except for a few good minutes here and there.

He's playing most of his minutes with Pat, as opposed to Willie and Trez, who play minutes with Lou Will, a better player. Like we said, he needs milos more than anyone.

He's playing most of his minutes with Pat, as opposed to Willie and Trez, who play minutes with Lou Will, a better player. Like we said, he needs milos more than anyone.

That’s fair. But I also feel that his defensive effort hasn’t been there. Maybe it’s frustration about what’s happening on offense. But still. He’s just not doing much.

That’s fair. But I also feel that his defensive effort hasn’t been there. Maybe it’s frustration about what’s happening on offense. But still. He’s just not doing much.

I mean he is leading the league in rebounding and is obviously one of the big reasons why we're the best O boarding team in the league and why we're a top 5 rebounding team overall. I would disagree on this.

I just feel like he's becoming invisible because of his role on this team, offensively.

**** it i'll fire it off now.

This roster isn't built for 22ppg Blake Griffin, which is what he's looking like right now. If he's going to look like a 'good' 2nd option, then I have a bit of buyer's remorse. Whatever we're going to be starts with him and if he's going to be 22/9/4 ish, then the hell with the season. Because there is no CP or JJ to compensate for it. Pat Beverly isn't much of an offensive player, Austin Rivers is solid but if Blake is going to be that on this team, then we need more than what Austin can consistently give, Gallo is already hurt, and DJ can't score w/o Milos or CP.

So if Blake is going to be that, then the hell with the season, fire the coach, and let me sulk in buyers remorse because we're going to be bad and the definition of mediocre.

I won’t be able to say I have buyer’s remorse about BG until I see him under a different coaching regime.

At least we’re all miserable together.

I went into the season thinking there was no way this team could disappoint me because my expectations were so low. But here we are.

At least we’re all miserable together.

I went into the season thinking there was no way this team could disappoint me because my expectations were so low. But here we are.

I️ guess someday we’ll all learn not to get suckered by these Fools Gold good starts...

Also, to be clear, it’s not us being .500 that has me pissed. It’s how we’ve lost the last 3 games.

Is it just me, or does Doc seem to have an unreasonably quick hook with Dekker. He plays so little, I really can't get a feel for whether he can be a consistent contributor or not. Either play him or don't, I say. Pretty hard for anyone to do much when only playing in 3 minute spurts.

i kind of noticed the same with Harrel, sometimes dude would get some playing time in the first half and do well enough, better than Reed but then would get no burn in the second half

Hey Guys - More good news. Pat Bev has been sent home from the trip with knee soreness. He'll miss the OKC and NOP games. We're bringing up one of our two-way guys from the G league.
Wonder what Doc does in terms of line-ups? Start Lou at PG with Austin at 2? Move Austin to 1 and start Thornwell at 2?

Also P C H P C H - is it normal for a dude to get sent home from a trip just for "soreness"? Seems like injured players often continue to travel with the team. But I guess if they want him to get the best possible treatment on his knee, it makes sense for Bev to get back to LA

lawdog1 lawdog1 yeah it happens a ton in the NBA. Blake's done that on road trips in the past. Sometimes the player or often times the coach prefers that the player just go back to la so that they can get a headstart on treatment and have access to all the resources possible.

I think Lou will starts and we see Jawun Evans minutes at some point

Your reminder that Austin Rivers for the season is at 13ppg shooting 45% on 3's and as a starter has been better than that

Your reminder that Austin Rivers for the season is at 13ppg shooting 45% on 3's and as a starter has been better than that

Which makes it even worse that, per Brad Turner, he sprained his ankle in practice today and also is now likely out for OKC. Welcome to the Evans and Thornwell era of Clippers basketball. :lol::stoneface: :frown:

Back
Top Bottom