OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

**** it, man. I see where all this is headed. I'll see y'all on July 1, 2018. lawdog1 lawdog1 out . . .

(semi serious only)

Although OKC is 4-7 and looked pretty unimpressive tonight, I think we’re in a lot of trouble tomorrow. I just don’t see the Thunder dropping a 5th straight game, at home, against our undermanned team. Just don’t see it.

So, news that Blake and Kendall Jenner were "officially" a couple broke around October 26. We are 1-5 since then. Just an observation. I don't believe in curses or anything... :frown:

So, news that Blake and Kendall Jenner were "officially" a couple broke around October 26. We are 1-5 since then. Just an observation. I don't believe in curses or anything... :frown:

Lol while I truly believe this team is at best a 44-47 win team this year based on some minor projections I did before the season started,

some tiny bit of optimism:

The Clips only have two more losses than GSW and Hou.

Of the 5 teams in front of LAC, three of them have 4 losses, and two of them have the same amount of losses as LAC, 5.

The field so far has played to LAC's advantage as the east has beaten some west teams, and everyone is essentially losing so far.

So while LAC has had a rough go of things at 5-5, they're not really that far away from being right in the thick of things. In theory, a 5 game win streak or something could catapult them right back into the thick of things.

But they are injured, and in the middle of a tough stretch on the road,and will probably lose tonight as well. Basically what I'm saying is that the field is working to their advantage record wise, but Clips probably won't be able to take advantage of that due to injuries, bad play, coaching, etc.

But they are injured, and in the middle of a tough stretch on the road,and will probably lose tonight as well. Basically what I'm saying is that the field is working to their advantage record wise, but Clips probably won't be able to take advantage of that due to injuries, bad play, coaching, etc.

I think this is a good summation. I don’t know whether, since I’ve been watching the NBA, that there’s ever been more teams in the average-good range than there is this year. IMO, GSW is the only elite team. Boston is also very good, but I think they’re overall too inexperienced to be GSW’s class. The Cavs still have LeBron, but for sure have some issues. The Rockets are very good, but not elite IMO.

After that, except for like 4 or 5 teams that are very bad (DAL, PHX, CHI, BKN), all the teams are pretty much in the same tier, including us. We definitely have enough talent to as high as 4 seed in the West, but we also could end up out of the playoffs. Like you, I’m not confident we’ll be healthy or well coached enough to max out the talent we have. (And the Kar-Jenner curse doesn’t seem to be helping either).

It’s a problem, man. They really need to figure out how to get him some more offensive touches. If he doesn’t, the defense and rebounding will suffer.

He's about to be 30, the few times I've seen him get the ball in action, he still looks largely ridiculous. His defense and rebounding is appreciated, but man it's going to be hard to justify keeping DJ past the trade deadline, especially if we can net something good for him.

Remember when we were 4-0 and had the best net rating in the nba?

Since then:

14th in OFFRTG
28thin DEFRTG

We’re hot garbage lmao. 30+ pts given up back to back qtrs

He's about to be 30, the few times I've seen him get the ball in action, he still looks largely ridiculous. His defense and rebounding is appreciated, but man it's going to be hard to justify keeping DJ past the trade deadline, especially if we can net something good for him.

Completely agree. But if he keeps playing like he has been, I don’t know how much trade value he’s going to have.

And when I say her him touches, I don’t mean post ups. I mean run more plays to get him lobs or duck-ins right at the basket.

We might could have one with Jawun.

Fast
Shooter with a quick release
Willing defender
Can run PnR

Plz let him thrive, Doc.

I'm going to allow myself to be totally excited about Jawun.

I think he can be a player. Seriously. I think he'll crack the rotation by the AS break. Hopefully Doc gives him more bump. So far this season, Doc's shown a willingness to play our young guys, encouraging.

He completely changed the game in the 2nd quarter with his on ball defense. Wanna see him in more real game action to get a better gauge on him as a prospect. Loved him at OK State.

Our D has been trash since the GSW game. And it’s dumb stuff too. Lots of missed rotations, poor communication on switches, etc. It seems systemic, which is part of why I’ve been getting on Doc a lot.

Back
Top Bottom