OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

and bledsoe will?

its a lot of ifs but one thing is for sure, without patbev bugging and hounding mitchell, the team would still be stuck in the second round

i dont care about rondo and i dont mind if they let patbev go but not for someone a lot worse like bledsoe

how does bledsoe help the team? if anything it might push reggie to the bench

bledsoe cant shoot (patbev is actually decent at stretching the floor at close to 40% at 3), cant defend (patbev gives defensive energy, rebounding on both ends and a pest) and cant distribute (wash) and cant just plain be lazy out there (patbev hustles)

so if you’re asking me does patbev brings the team a chip? maybe not a guarrantee but its a whole lot better chance than with bledsoe

and bledsoe will?

its a lot of ifs but one thing is for sure, without patbev bugging and hounding mitchell, the team would still be stuck in the second round

i dont care about rondo and i dont mind if they let patbev go but not for someone a lot worse like bledsoe

how does bledsoe help the team? if anything it might push reggie to the bench

bledsoe cant shoot (patbev is actually decent at stretching the floor at close to 40% at 3), cant defend (patbev gives defensive energy, rebounding on both ends and a pest) and cant distribute (wash) and cant just plain be lazy out there (patbev hustles)

so if you’re asking me does patbev brings the team a chip? maybe not a guarrantee but its a whole lot better chance than with bledsoe

Agree to disagree.

I mean, Pat Bev sucked in the bubble and was unplayable against the Mavs in the first round last year. So, yeah, I think Bledsoe could potentially give us just as much.

after thinking more about it, i’m indifferent about the trade and don’t really care for it

bev and rondo each had a year left and oturu isn’t gonna last in the league
bledsoe might have a resurgence like reggie and batum under ty lue’s system

we aren’t under any pressure or have any high expectations this upcoming system so i like this idea to let go of aging vets that didn’t contribute much this past season.

like lawdog1 lawdog1 said, kawhi and pg has to ok this for the trade to go down and i’m honestly looking forward to what our final roster looks like

Agree to disagree.

I mean, Pat Bev sucked in the bubble and was unplayable against the Mavs in the first round last year. So, yeah, I think Bledsoe could potentially give us just as much.
that i agree with. i'm not even saying dont trade rondo or pat, but bledsoe not the move :lol:

Who knows, maybe son saw Jrue do his thing and get the fire in his belly.

What you really need to worry about is now you got a full fledged platinum member of Klutch in your lockerroom...

lol yea. come playoffs it'll be 3 yrs lol.

That’s not for a while.

He didn’t give a **** last year. I don’t know if its on him or not because the Pelicans were awful, especially on defense.

If he’s properly motivated, I think he can still lock up:

the whole team sucked in the bubble and its not him to blow a 3-1 lead, come on

you really think bledsoe would fair better against luka? you think bledsoe would have changed the tide in the denver series? what did bledsoe with the bucks in the bubble that miami practically swept?

would bledsoe lock up and bug mitchell and dbook/cp3? no way and you talkin about motivating the dude to lock someone up? patbev dont need none of that so yeah ill take him over bledsoe

That’s not for a while.

He didn’t give a **** last year. I don’t know if its on him or not because the Pelicans were awful, especially on defense.

If he’s properly motivated, I think he can still lock up:
ay you already know i want to clips to do well, so i'm hoping he's not bummy.

is kawhi really out the year? He's already walking and chilling at summer league games lol

you really think bledsoe would fair better against luka? you think bledsoe would have changed the tide in the denver series? what did bledsoe with the bucks in the bubble that miami practically swept?

would bledsoe lock up and bug mitchell and dbook/cp3? no way and you talkin about motivating the dude to lock someone up? patbev dont need none of that so yeah ill take him over bledsoe

That part. pat was on booker ***. and had d.mitch pulling from 40 to avoid driving and tweaking his ankle vs rough *** pat.

So would you guarantee we’d win the championship next year if this trade didn’t get made?

So would you guarantee we’d win the championship next year if this trade didn’t get made?

do you guarantee a chip now that this trade is made?

its like you’re not reading :lol: you ignore how much better patbev is at shooting and on defense and like i said, dude is always hurt but unleash him in the playoffs and its still better than what bledsoe gives you the whole season

i said bledsoe isnt better than patbev, plain and simple and its a dumb trade

who would give them a better chance at a chip? patbev

i wish to be proven wrong on this, i really do because i feel like its a bad move and worse than the kennard contract but patbev > bledsoe and in crunch time i trust patbev to defend and get a steal or a block than bledsoe who will chuck up unnecessary 3s while slacking on the defensive side

rfx45 rfx45 you gotta chill man lol

give bledsoe a chance to see how he fits in our system before judging. dudes been passed around from team to team these past 2 years, prob leveled his ego and knows that he has to buy in and stick to his role

we also aren’t title contenders so it’s not that big of a deal, if anything bledsoe is someone that can penetrate and drive into the paint and dish it out to one of our many shooters on the perimeter

its like you’re not reading :lol: you ignore how much better patbev is at shooting and on defense and like i said, dude is always hurt but unleash him in the playoffs and its still better than what bledsoe gives you the whole season

i wish to be proven wrong on this, i really do because i feel like its a bad move and worse than the kennard contract but patbev > bledsoe and in crunch time i trust patbev to defend and get a steal or a block than bledsoe who will chuck up unnecessary 3s while slacking on the defensive side

Yeah, let’s come back to this in six months. You clearly like to have someone to hate on the team.

Kennard won games for us last season - literally - and you would still prefer he was working at Home Depot.

nah, you think i like to hate on someone on the team im cheering for? :lol:

dudes been lazy and even need motivation to od his job versus someone who would kill you on defense just because you’re not wearing the same colored jersey?

sorry if im not drinking the kool-aid on every clippers move, no one wanted this dude and hated when on the bucks and now he’s the clips saviour? :lol:

yah kennard won a game or two but he also handicapped the team with the huge contract, dudes not worth it and dude did get relegated to the bench for a reason, i. sure there are a bunch of teams that has cheaper options that won them games and to never be heard of again the rest of the season

and look i warmed up to kennard in the playoffs but he was still wildly onconsistent for a shooter and got hunted too much but i was close to buying a bootleg clips tee with his number on it if it was sold for $5 next to the bacon covered hotdogs cart on the sidewalk

i just want the team to get better and this move doesnt do that, ill gladly eat my words if im proven wrong, hell i wish it happens but yeah lets visit this in a few months and see how angry yall are after you see this dude sh*t the bed in the playoffs like he usually do

I was a big bledsoe fan in his original stint. Im not expecting much out of him but as long he isn’t as badas Rondo, i’ll allow it

Respect rfx45 rfx45 but I don't view the kennard contract as that bad anymore...

Kennard was great off the bench at times for us. I don't recall any times during the playoff run where he was bad.

At 13m this year, he's paid about the same as Kyle kuzma and kcp, who did nothing for the Lakers for the money. Imo.

Maybe 13m at this stage in a 64m deal is a little high? But he did really well when given the chance to contribute.

In this days NBA, you need guys that are around that salary in order to improve (via trade if the chance comes up). Trade-able salaries are the game... Take kuzma and kcp again, The Lakers wouldn't have Westbrook if not for the trade-able salaries.

Now that the clippers have traded 3 for 1, that will open up more rotation time for kennard, Mann etc as well.

Imo bad contacts are, the wall contract, the Westbrook contract, the Simmons contract ( even though he's young) among many others. 13m is movable, and not a big hit on the cap, unless you're in luxury tax repeater land.

Imo

i dont get how all of this works but if they are pretty much trading ~$22m for those 3 players, couldnt they just do a sign and trade for dimwittie?

i think brooklyn would mind rondo and patbev on their team

what can they do with the $8.3m trade excemption? if that means they can trade for someoen that much then maybe the deal isnt too bad…?

Respect rfx45 rfx45 but I don't view the kennard contract as that bad anymore...

Kennard was great off the bench at times for us. I don't recall any times during the playoff run where he was bad.

At 13m this year, he's paid about the same as Kyle kuzma and kcp, who did nothing for the Lakers for the money. Imo.

Maybe 13m at this stage in a 64m deal is a little high? But he did really well when given the chance to contribute.

In this days NBA, you need guys that are around that salary in order to improve (via trade if the chance comes up). Trade-able salaries are the game... Take kuzma and kcp again, The Lakers wouldn't have Westbrook if not for the trade-able salaries.

Now that the clippers have traded 3 for 1, that will open up more rotation time for kennard, Mann etc as well.

Imo bad contacts are, the wall contract, the Westbrook contract, the Simmons contract ( even though he's young) among many others. 13m is movable, and not a big hit on the cap, unless you're in luxury tax repeater land.

Imo

for sure, he made me feel better about him in the playoffs and hope dudes training hard in his new multi-million $ farmhouse here in the valley but i do remember book and cp3 pretty much hunting him that made him unplayable in the suns series, it seemed less obvious because they tried to put him out there while those two are not in the game but he made enough shots to make up for it

and like you said, dudes contract could be a trade asset in the deadline but i prefer him over bledsoe right now

i dont get how all of this works but if they are pretty much trading ~$22m for those 3 players, couldnt they just do a sign and trade for dimwittie?

?
what can they do with the $8.3m trade excemption? if that means they can trade for someoen that much then maybe the deal isnt too bad…?

If dinwiddie was interested exclusively in playing for the clippers, I don't thing that trade would've been much of an issue.

Especially if we had any type of draft assets... But hey?

Player interests and draft assets are the key in lopsided trades imo

i could be wrong on how it works, but a sign and trade would trigger the hard cap since we’re over the cap already and hinder us from making moves. also have to factor in if dinwiddie even wants to play with us

anyone can feel free to correct me on the logistics with how the salary cap works if i’m wrong

Back
Top Bottom