OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Y’all know it’s a wrap lol
Love the optimism tho.
Kawhi is damaged goods his load management will be even more now when he returns

he will resign with the clips, likely a 1+1 so he gets the big 5yr deal a year later which is ~$240m in comparison his max no of $170?

and this is why he will stay, if kawhi really wants th ebig payday as he is 31 and has a huge injury to recover from, this is his best bet as going to another team resets that 3yr birth rights and he wont see the big contract til then and he'd be 34/35 yrs old by then, no ones gon wanna sign him another 5yr for $250m by then

another big reason he just wants to play in LA near his family especially with a new baby so thats a big factor for him, everyone else might chase rings and while thats important to kawhi, it might be secondary for him at this point but of course you'll never hear him say that and he'll work his a** off to win another one

he'll probably try and recruit lowry or someone that can keep them afloat and make the playoffs until he can return

he will resign with the clips, likely a 1+1 so he gets the big 5yr deal a year later which is ~$240m in comparison his max no of $170?

and this is why he will stay, if kawhi really wants th ebig payday as he is 31 and has a huge injury to recover from, this is his best bet as going to another team resets that 3yr birth rights and he wont see the big contract til then and he'd be 34/35 yrs old by then, no ones gon wanna sign him another 5yr for $250m by then

another big reason he just wants to play in LA near his family especially with a new baby so thats a big factor for him, everyone else might chase rings and while thats important to kawhi, it might be secondary for him at this point but of course you'll never hear him say that and he'll work his a** off to win another one

he'll probably try and recruit lowry or someone that can keep them afloat and make the playoffs until he can return
Agreed.

I'll add, kawhi didn't come home to bounce again. I don't think it has much to do with the clippers.

Although I do think he would've left if we didn't get out of the 1st round.

^^^ That’s great news.

And (unless I missed it) I consider the fact Reggie hasn’t signed elsewhere yet a positive sign.

seems like everyone wants senior junio

knicks, nuggets, celts, pels

not sure if that bodes well as he might be turning down a ton of money to stay

we'll see

Pretty quite on the Clips front. A lot of teams got better, and we... pretty quite on the Clips front, lol. We got that MLE, not sure who the target is, or what's left.

Gotta get rid of Pat Bev, and bring back Lou Will. Dipo still out there, Danny Green too. **** is rough lol.

FA is definitely drying up and the Clippers are all quite in the western front. With only the MLE, we don't have much to play wit. This might be a tough offseason for us ya'll. Happy Nico resign and if we can get Mr. June back on board, hopefully we can hold it down until Kawhi gets back healthily to make a run into the playoffs.

yall think they have a big conundrum with FA? they definitely want to keep Reggie but if looking for another PG like Dinwiddie or Lowry or Lonzo interest gets out there then Reggie would likely walk so they had to be more careful?

also interesting that they tried to approach Derozan, would have been a good addition to move up int he standing for the playoffs but was surprise it was even a possibility

Via Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes:

“The Clippers brass driving on their way to DeMar’s house. Things got a little interesting with the Bulls and looked like it was going to get done. DeMars agent called the Clippers called out of courtesy and said not to waste each others time out of respect to you guys.”

Thinking there’s a high likelihood that Haynes story is tales of duck. Nobody but Woj has been even close to knowing what the Clippers FO is up to for years.

Kawhi to resign!! Terms on the Deal is pending. Also we picked up Justice Winslow. Not sure if we used the TPMLE cuz if so, not too thrilled with that signing as Winslow has been trash these last couple of yrs. Our G/SF positions are really stacked too. Not sure Lue will find time for him in the rotation but I guess with Kawhi missing some time, we gonna need the bodies.

Back
Top Bottom