OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

1707605075967.jpeg

1707605025584.jpeg

Looking like we don’t know how to deal with these guys. Their size is really dictating the game.

ty gon play small ball still cuz he stubborn

he really should try and playing zu and their at the same time for a minute or two

19-3 run by the wolves and still playing small ball

:smh:

tys stubbornness is gon be the downfall of this team

yah this teams in trouble if they got to face twolves or pelicans in the playoffs (probably lakers and nuggets too), all of a sudden the team with a deep long wing players are looking small

if ty isnt going to utilize his players well and just keep playing kawhi at the 4, then yeah its gon be a big problem

The one real weakness I was hoping we didn't get exposed on, continues to be an issue. If we made any trades during the deadline, it was to improve our size at the power forward position but at the same time, I wasn't necessary mad if we kept everyone since we were winning at a nice clip. But we continue to get exposed when playing bigger teams. Even against the Pistons, we didn't even get 1 offensive rebound.

Obviously, when we are hitting our shots, we can beat pretty much any team but when the shot ain't falling and the games slows down against these bigger teams, we can't beat size! I would like Ty to try and play at least 2 of our bigs for a few minutes in order to counter but Ty is Ty and will keep his small ball. I understand we would be losing some offensive if we played both bigs but sometimes it about match ups.

Now we gotta take on a hot Warriors Team before The All-Star Break. This break can't come fast enough! These boys need some rest and get re-energized for the playoff run!

i still feel like half the battle with rebounding is simply effort

int he pistons game, when they went small and were down, the small ball group became supe rmotivated and gobbled up the defensive rebounds, i don think pistons had any oreb the last 5min or so (i could be wrong but sure looked like it vie eye test)

and against the wolves, felt like kawhi was the only one trying to get boards, i think he had like 3 in one half and the team did get more oreb than the wolves 10 to 8 and considering how big the wolves were, the clips didnt do so bad only being outrebounded by 4 (36 to 40)

i do think playing a theis in the 4 against bigger teams and removing mann helps but ty is also probably trying to save some stuff for the playoffs, he did figure out how to beat utah with goober a while back but still sucks to see an L

they got to take the dubs, at keast thats a team that doesnt have the length advantage

The one real weakness I was hoping we didn't get exposed on, continues to be an issue. If we made any trades during the deadline, it was to improve our size at the power forward position but at the same time, I wasn't necessary mad if we kept everyone since we were winning at a nice clip. But we continue to get exposed when playing bigger teams. Even against the Pistons, we didn't even get 1 offensive rebound.
Came in to post about this same thing. I don't like to overreact to one or two games, but we may have goofed by not trading for someone else with size and athleticism. But like rfx45 rfx45 said, when the guys we have really put the effort in, the team is capable of rebounding well enough against bigger teams to win.

To me last night wasn't really about personnel; we just didn't respond well when the Wolves ramped up the physical play and effort level. We didn't match their energy and they took advantage and put the game away. Just have to be better against them.

Came in to post about this same thing. I don't like to overreact to one or two games, but we may have goofed by not trading for someone else with size and athleticism. But like rfx45 rfx45 said, when the guys we have really put the effort in, the team is capable of rebounding well enough against bigger teams to win.

To me last night wasn't really about personnel; we just didn't respond well when the Wolves ramped up the physical play and effort level. We didn't match their energy and they took advantage and put the game away. Just have to be better against them.
I don't disagree at all with what you and rfx45 rfx45 say about an effort thing. I just don't understand what more effort or motivation the team needed knowing that they are playing a top tier team and winner gets the #1 seed. You would think that was enough to push them in the effort part.

Ooooooooorrrr maybe I'm expecting too much for a Feb. regular season game and Ty is playing chess not revealing all his moves. I'm going to hope it's the latter.

Ooooooooorrrr maybe I'm expecting too much for a Feb. regular season game and Ty is playing chess not revealing all his moves. I'm going to hope it's the latter.
Could be, I guess. Ty's line-up management in that game was real weird. The Theis minutes were kind of baffling because it was clear early he wasn't helping and seemed like Kawhi was kept out longer than he should have been when Minny was pulling away. Weird stuff.

Back
Top Bottom