Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Blake Dewitt! with the game-winning RBI
pimp.gif

Nice comeback, Dodgers!

Good win today... Penny looked shaky early, Kemp went 4-4 w/ a walk & 2 assists, DeWitt GW hit..

Let's get another W tomorrow... Bills is up..

This is what it has come to, hoping to survive the front end of our rotation,
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Penny - 20 ER in his last three starts,
sick.gif
Lowe - 22 ER in his last four starts,
sick.gif

Awesome comeback win though, the sticks came through which is good. DeWitt stepped it up with two clutch hits. Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier were solid as well.

As far as Raffy is concerned, I believe both sides want something to get done. I know the Dodgers want to keep him, since the "heir" (Hu) is clearlyshowing that he needs more time in the minors.

Next years infield, ideally, should look like this: 1b Loney, 2b DeWitt, SS Furcall, 3b La Roche. Abreu can't seem to shake his ailments, and Hu isregressing. I believe DeWitt would be a solid 2b. If Nomar takes a significant paycut, he could be a solid UT, when he isn't on the DL.

Back to this season, we stopped the streaking Reds, with Bills coming around we can win tomorrow.

Andruw Jones has fluid and a soft tear of cartilage in his right knee. Treatment will be done, but arthroscopic surgery could be done on the knee by Friday ifthe treatment does not help, meaning he'll miss 4-6 weeks.
Manager Joe Torre said that an MRI exam performed Monday showed that Dodgers center fielder Andruw Jones has "some fluid and a soft tear in his cartilage." Torre said that Jones will probably not play for the remainder of the Reds series and that he will be re-evaluated Friday.
http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/n...ent_id=2733260&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Could be seeing a lot more of the Pierre- Kemp- Ethier outfield for the next month or so. Not that it's the worst thing though.
laugh.gif

But another big $$ FA acquisition hurt.... can't be too surprised though, especially with the extra weight Jones is carrying... could have been a factor inthe cartilage tear...

Next years infield, ideally, should look like this: 1b Loney, 2b DeWitt, SS Furcall, 3b La Roche. Abreu can't seem to shake his ailments, and Hu is regressing. I believe DeWitt would be a solid 2b. If Nomar takes a significant paycut, he could be a solid UT, when he isn't on the DL.
I would love to see that infield, especially since it gets LaRoche's bat into the lineup. But realistically, I don't see DeWitt beingable to play 2B, especially at the major league level. Yes, I know he was drafted as a SS out of high school and played 90 or so games at 2B in 2006 in High Aball with Vero Beach, but he made 20 errors in those 90 games
sick.gif
and hasbeen at 3B ever since. He probably could play 2B, but I just can't see it happening, not after playing 3B most of his time in the minors and now in thebigs. Hu is good enough to field at 2B, he just can't hit. I definitely would like to see a more athletic player at 2B, but considering Kent with hispoor defense and limited range at 2B right now, maybe DeWitt could be better?!
laugh.gif

Nah... but really, it puts Dodger management in a predicament, because LaRoche is playing real well at AAA Las Vegas. In 19 games in Vegas he's hitting.300 with 4 HRs 13 RBIs, a .506 OBP, .560 slugging percentage and an OPS of 1.066. Add to that 24 walks and only 5 strikeout's. Even though the PCL is ahitter's league and Cashman Field a definite hitter's park, those are great numbers. Too bad LaRoche just can't stay healthy for a long period oftime.

Something's got to give eventually since DeWitt and LaRoche both play at the hot corner and if DeWitt keeps playing as well as he has been and the top ofthe rotation starting pitching continues to disappoint, who knows maybe LaRoche and someone like Lowe (in the the final year on his contract) could be dealtfor a SP. I don't want to see LaRoche traded because I think he could be a good power hitter, but the inability to stay healthy is somewhat frustrating.

ALMOST makes me wish there was a DH in the NL.
grin.gif

Blake! This dude man never played in AAA and he's really coming through for us!

Like Ironman posted our 1-2 pitchers have given up 43 runs in their last couple starts? What the hell?!

Gary Bennet placed on 15 DL.

Danny Ardoin (sp) contract purchased. He played for the rockies last year, don't quote me.

I believe Gary will be designated for assignment in the next couple weeks.

Jason Schmidt on 60 day DL to make room.

The injury to Andruw Jones is gonna give us like a 30-game winning streak, sorry PMAC your boy is D-O-N-E.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Gary Bennet placed on 15 DL.

Danny Ardoin (sp) contract purchased. He played for the rockies last year, don't quote me.

I believe Gary will be designated for assignment in the next couple weeks.

Jason Schmidt on 60 day DL to make room.

The injury to Andruw Jones is gonna give us like a 30-game winning streak, sorry PMAC your boy is D-O-N-E.

Let's really hope so.
laugh.gif

Finally we get our desired lineup - LF - Pierre CF - Kemp RF - Ethier
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
that outfield lineup looks so smmooooth.

FrenchBlue you going to any LAL / Spurs games?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

pimp.gif
that outfield lineup looks so smmooooth.

FrenchBlue you going to any LAL / Spurs games?
pimp.gif

Oh no, probably not, unless my friend gets free tix again.

Prices are so ridiculous for the West finals.
ohwell.gif

And agreed, theoutfield looks smooth
pimp.gif

Good win last night.

I hope we build on these wins, and take the series from St. Louis this weekend as well.

Cueto reminds me sorta of chad bills, still kinda shakey.

dude just gave us another run 4-2 dodgers.

Lakeshow won, im psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, has anyone seen the Joe Torre insurance commercial?!?! Haha, Joe's that dude.

Finally we are able to get Kuroda a win. Nice that he went eight innings and allowed the BP to get a rest and be ready for St. Louis. Hopefully we can expandthis little winning streak or at least keep on winning series and catch up to the Snakes...only 3 back.

Kuroda came through big!

Bills & Kuroda our 1-2
laugh.gif
, time for penny&lowe to step up their game.

Lets go Dodgers, who's up next?

hmmm...Fatty Jones gets "hurt" and we win 3 in a row?
coincidence? I think not.
I hope that bum stays "hurt" the rest of the season.
I have never hated a Dodger more than this chump...
anyways, great win by the Blue Crew.
Probably Kuroda's best outing this year.

-J-

Back
Top Bottom