Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

laugh.gif
.....dude aint even cracked a smile on that one.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

The Marlins are the exact team we wish our Dodgers would be like, they're aggressive, they have power, they're young, they play the game right & that payroll aint even close to being inflated.

Its sad that this team is stuck in Florida with NO fan base what so ever, get them to a place that will actually have fans come in day in and day out for them.

3 Ls in a row.
grin.gif
tired.gif

The Angels are not interest in Matt Holliday, while the Dodgers and Red Sox "could play" on him. Rosenthal names the Nationals as an "intriguing dark horse," saying they've been checking up on Holliday. They like the idea of having him for '09, and could even entertain signing him long-term.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Torre speaks on Dodgers lineup[/h3]6:07 PM Sat, Jul 12, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: Diamond Leung

On Nomar Garciaparra and not Matt Kemp leading off: "We'll sacrifice the speed for someone that will give us a quality at-bat."

On Nomar: "He's aggressive. He's not your prototypical leadoff hitter because he doesn't go up there looking to walk."

On Kemp: "He goes up there and sometimes has quality at-bats. Other times, he gets impatient."

On Jeff Kent: "He's the perfect example of a player. He's struggling, but we know we're going to get a professional at-bat every time he gets in the box."

i would try Martin leading off. nomar may take "quality at bats" by working a count but that dont mean +@%# when the KO's or flyouts most of thetime.

Olney's Speculation: Will the Red Sox will express interest in Khalil Greene with Julio Lugo on the DL for 4-6 weeks? Olney also wonders if the Dodgers will seek Huston Street if Takashi Saito is seriously hurt.
Saito has tightness in his elbow, I heard Vin Scully saying the tightness wasn't much and the Dodgers were relieved. But, by the way this teamhas racked up injuries I wouldn't be surprised if it was worse.
mad.gif

^ And that was it for the day...13 K's for Bills...

Hopefully this little break lets them get some rest and recovery. Only one game behind Arizona despite this series and lets see if we can swap places by thistime next week.

laugh.gif
yeah that was pretty much it for the fish.

crazy how the offense came out, or does that andrew kid suck that much?

Time for everyone to heal up, hopefully all our DL players come back and contribute!

All-star break is here, can you believe the season is almost done?

This team has underachieved for the first half of the season, no excuses about injuries or whatever, none of them have really earned their paycheck.

It's embarassing that we have no one hitting .300 at the all star break, we are last in the league in homers, our starting rotation has been ghost, ourcoaches seem to be confused as much as the fans as to why this team cannot pick up any Ws, and fans are showing up less and less to games.

What do I expect once all-star break ends? I hope some of our players on the DL can contribute (including Schmidt), I expect a rested team to come outaggressive and I expect andruw jones to keep on struggling (sad so many articles are coming out about how he possibly used steroids, could be posible).

Anyways, I hope Russ represents L.A and it seems weird that no one from our pitching staff went to the ASG, yikes.

8 pitch at bat by russel with a clutch single in the 10th.

Russel hits and runs goes to third
pimp.gif
what speed!

Stupid Uggla just killed it with a double play.

Damn, Martin hussled for nothing.

All these highlights I see of Uggla on Sportscenter hitting big game homeruns, and he hits into a DP.
indifferent.gif

eek.gif
what another beautiful play by Martin!

Great catch on the hop and blocked the plate on the ex-dodger dioner navarro (hated him as a dodger)

I'm glad the world is seeing russ
pimp.gif
:pimp:

Originally Posted by bright nikes

eek.gif
what another beautiful play by Martin!

Great catch on the hop and blocked the plate on the ex-dodger dioner navarro (hated him as a dodger)

I'm glad the world is seeing russ
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like it too, the world seeing Martin, and seeing the type of player he is
pimp.gif

I can't believe he didn't crack the top 5 in the voting
smh.gif
What's wrong with baseball fans nowadays.

Russel has played great this game.
pimp.gif
Hopefully, this can end already, withthe NL on top.

Some bad news to start of the second half of the season...
smh.gif

Dodgers closer Takashi Saito will be placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday and miss the next six weeks with a sprained ligament in his right elbow, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Saito, 38, cut short his last outing on July 12 due to tightness in his elbow. He was then sent for an MRI, which revealed the sprain. Saito will likely spend the next six weeks rehabbing the injury.

Right-hander Jonathan Broxton, who closed briefly for the Dodgers last season when Saito was dealing with a shoulder injury, will likely assume the closer's role. Broxton has a 3.40 ERA in 39 2/3 innings this season.

Saito had 17 saves to go along with a 2.18 ERA this season.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Some bad news to start of the second half of the season...
smh.gif

Dodgers closer Takashi Saito will be placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday and miss the next six weeks with a sprained ligament in his right elbow, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Saito, 38, cut short his last outing on July 12 due to tightness in his elbow. He was then sent for an MRI, which revealed the sprain. Saito will likely spend the next six weeks rehabbing the injury.

Right-hander Jonathan Broxton, who closed briefly for the Dodgers last season when Saito was dealing with a shoulder injury, will likely assume the closer's role. Broxton has a 3.40 ERA in 39 2/3 innings this season.

Saito had 17 saves to go along with a 2.18 ERA this season.

frown.gif
... TERRIBLE news to start the 2nd portion of the season...

it'll be interesting to see who goes where in terms of the bullpen... can't see the Dodgers putting Kuo into a set-up role, especially given hisinjury history and his brilliance so far...

Broxton in all likelihood will close, but I guess this moves Wade and Beimel into the 7th & 8th inning set-up roles...

hopefully the pen can hold down the fort till Saito makes it back...

Saito is breaking down.

News was expected though.

I like Kuo as the setup & Brox as the closer.

I don't think Saito will make it back for some reason. Let Broxton close the rest of the year and see if he can be our closer for the future.

Wasn't Broxton supposed to be the closer for the future? They should let him start now and I like Corey Wade To be the setup.

Back
Top Bottom