Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

I remember reading about the Martin story somewhere also. I have not heard about the others though. We don't need varitek.
Come on Cards hold on to the lead. Damn 3-2 Cards in the bottom of the 7th.

Yes, the cards got out of the inning!!! 3-2 Top 8.

You guys heard that from Peter Gammons during Sunday night's game.

Martin would move back to his natural position of 3rd base, and that way the Dodgers can go after Varitek.

But why not workout and bring up Lucas May next year instead?

CC Sabathia would be a fantastic pick-up, but he's looking for a pay-day just like Manny, and I rather re-sign Manny.
He's been the big bat we've been needing for the last 4 or 5 years.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I was pretty damn drunk on sunday.
laugh.gif

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

I was pretty damn drunk on sunday.
laugh.gif

-J-
So was I, in my hotel room in Vegas getting ready to head out to the clubs.
pimp.gif

But I understood that much.
laugh.gif
Plus it was nice that score was 8-0,made it easier to follow.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I knew you had to be somewhere cause you were ghost in the thread.

How was Vegas? What's clubs you go too? Damn its been a while for me ....

Yeah, I read an article about Martin to third, I think that would be good because we all know the beating he takes behind the plate and it seems as if itaffects him at the second half of the season.

Varitek would be a nice pickup, his credentials alone would give him the edge with the pitching staff, I say bring Lucas May up for spring training and signVaritek for a 1yr contract while Lucas waits in the wings.

As far as CC, yes he's beeeeeen dominating in the NL, but we all know how our FA signings with pitchers have gone, I'd rather pass and give Manny a 4yrdeal - $80M.

The pitching staff is set for years to come, I'd like to bring in a closer though.

But !#@$ all the off-season talk, lets get in the playoffs!!!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif

Yeah, I missed posting on here the whole weekend.

Vegas was fun, met a dude who had passes for every single club in the strip, but I regret not getting his number for future trips.
ohwell.gif

Got in free to the Ghostbar, Playboy, Moon, and Voodoo lounge.
pimp.gif

Great weekend, and to top it off, Dodgers came through and are still in the race.

I can't believe McCourt is keeping Colletti through the '09 season, let's hope and pray that he doesn't make another ridiculous signing, likegiving Varitek the entire piggy bank.

laugh.gif

Vegas was fun, met a dude who had passes for every single club in the strip, but I regret not getting his number for future trips.
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Great weekend, and to top it off, Dodgers came through and are still in the race.

I can't believe McCourt is keeping Colletti through the '09 season, let's hope and pray that he doesn't make another ridiculous signing, like giving Varitek the entire piggy bank.

Or another ex-Giant...
sick.gif

Damn man, Kuroda doesn't look good out there. He's falling behind the hitters and looks a little tired.

Luckily, the offense has woken up. Blake DeWitt is looking like our 2nd base of the future, he's been on beast mode ever since he's taken the position.I've been saying the dude is hungry, its only good things from here.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ them #+#*%*+ with Berroa. No matter what you say about his bat, a pleasant surprise has been his defense and how much range he covers. But inthe last couple weeks, his avg has gone up (don't have exact stats) and the HR he hit today
pimp.gif

roll.gif
at what they did to berroa. I was like awww that's +%$*++ up. That's his 1st hr in 2 years, but it kinda adds to the
roll.gif

If only we could have been 1/2 game back to start the az series
frown.gif

Nice!

1.5 gms back of D'backs, this upcoming series with AZ is gonna be insane, I need tickets now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the interview after and manny being a translator
Fsn:tell me how you feel about your left fielder?
Berroa: who? Who's that? Huh? Who? Juan pierre?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

I can't believe McCourt is keeping Colletti through the '09 season, let's hope and pray that he doesn't make another ridiculous signing, like giving Varitek the entire piggy bank.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
tired.gif
why dont i ever meet that person when i go and why the *#%+ didnt u get thatnumber you *%+!%+%
laugh.gif

Got back from the game about an hour ago, parked by the Elysian Park/Stadium exit and I was lucky to get out of the stadium within 5 minutes.
eek.gif

Kuroda was very shaky this game, he never seems to be consistent with his mechanics.

Back to back HR's by Dewitt and Berroa. With all the crap I talk about Berroa's offense, he's been doing pretty well as of late. Nomarwho?
tongue.gif

There were a couple of fly balls that Manny could of shagged, but didn't hussle to them at all. He made up for it with that running catch inthe 7th with runners on base.
Broxton with the easy put outs, he looked comfortable tonight.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
tired.gif
why dont i ever meet that person when i go and why the *#%+ didnt u get that number you *%+!%+%
laugh.gif
I was thinking that the whole ride back home, I took and took the passes, but I didn't think of getting his number, I screwed up.
laugh.gif

He worked for tips, I would have spend hundreds of dollars that night on entrance alone.
pimp.gif

He roams around the Mandalay Bay, near the Tram escalators, so in case you guys see him, he's legit.

NEXT GAME 9/5

TV: PRIME-HD, ESPN | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Dodger Stadium
7:05PM PDT

Haren (14-7)

Lowe (11-11)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

Manny earns NL honors for August

First month in new league an easy transition for slugger

By Michael Schwartz / MLB.com

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers knew they had pulled off a blockbuster for one of the best hitters in the game when they traded for Manny Ramirez minutes before the July 31 Trade Deadline, but few could have predicted quite the impact he would have.
Ramirez, acquired by the Dodgers in a three-team deal involving the Red Sox and Pirates, made such a splash in his first month with the Dodgers he was named the Sharp Presents the National League Player of the Month for August.

The left fielder hit .415 (44-for-106) with seven doubles, nine home runs, 25 RBIs and 21 runs scored during the month. He led the National League in batting average, ranked second in hits, tied for second in homers and tied for third in RBIs.

"He's pretty consistent," said Dodgers manager Joe Torre. "Being in the same clubhouse with him, you just watch why he's been pretty consistent. He's got a great work ethic, as far as his preparation, and I think it's good for the young players to see what he does.

"I know there's a lot of colorful anecdotes about him and whatnot, but when it comes to the work stuff, he's all business. That's what I've seen, and I don't think he could just create this overnight and have it happen."

The right-handed slugger hit safely in 24 of 29 games. He collected multiple hits 12 times, three hits twice and four hits three times, including back-to-back four-hit games Aug. 29-30 in crucial contests at first-place Arizona, the first time he has done that in his career.

The 12-time All-Star homered in consecutive games Aug. 2-3 against Arizona and Aug. 6-7 in St. Louis. He also recorded the 51st multihomer game of his career on Aug. 30 at Arizona, a game in which he also hit the 500th double of his career.

"He's a 5-A player," catcher Russell Martin said after the Aug. 30 game. "You've got 4-A players [between Triple-A and the Major Leagues]. He's 5-A -- in his own category. What goes unnoticed is the work that goes into it. He gets up early, works out on his own. He doesn't tell anybody about it, but he goes about his business and works hard. It's not a fluke. There's a reason he's as good as he is."

Ramirez recorded 10 multi-RBI games during the month, including eight two-RBI contests and two with three RBIs.

The slugger has now won the monthly honor five times in his career for three different teams (May 1995 and April 1999 with Cleveland, April 2001 and September 2002 with Boston). Ramirez's April 2001 award came in his first month with the Red Sox.

"I've seen him when he gets that motivation, and usually the Yankees brought out the best in him," Torre said. "He never gives away an at-bat. It's pretty impressive, the stuff that he's been doing for years. He takes his work pretty serious."

Ramirez's impact in August extended beyond the stat sheet, as he has loosened up and energized his teammates and worked the fans into a frenzy during every at-bat.

"When we added him, just L.A. and all the fans, and you just felt the excitement in the air," pitcher Chad Billingsley said the weekend after his acquisition. "It gives us a spark. That's what it'll take to maybe get us deep into the playoffs, so obviously having him in the lineup changes how the opposing teams approach us. He just makes us better all around."

For winning the award, Sharp will present Ramirez with a 52" AQUOS high-definition television. He will also receive a specially designed trophy.

Other players receiving votes were Ty Wigginton (.379, 12 homers, 26 RBIs) of the Astros; Albert Pujols (.398, eight homers, 22 RBIs) of the Cardinals; Mike Cameron (.360, nine homers, 22 RBIs) of the Brewers; Mark DeRosa (.378, seven homers, 24 RBIs) of the Cubs; and Martin Prado (.432, 32 hits, nine doubles) of the Braves.

Michael Schwartz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Torre reports good news on injury front

Manager is upbeat regarding plethora of recovering Dodgers

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers manager Joe Torre reported good news across the board on Wednesday during his daily update on Los Angeles' walking wounded.

Second baseman Jeff Kent told Torre he felt "wonderful" compared to his feeling before undergoing minor surgery to repair cartilage damage in his left knee on Tuesday morning.

Kent returned to Dodger Stadium for a team photo on Wednesday, and Torre said Kent may resume working out on Thursday.

"They did a simple procedure, but it was enough to make that thing go away," Torre said. "It's still going to take two, three weeks before he'll return, but he felt an immediate difference in how he felt."

Juan Pierre, who left Tuesday's game with back spasms after taking an awkward swing, was only available on Wednesday "if we really need him," Torre said. The manager reported Pierre felt better than he did on Tuesday, although there's still some tightness.

"It sounds like something that's going to gradually get better," Torre said.

Trainer Stan Conte traveled to Arizona to check up on Rafael Furcal's comeback from back surgery and reported that Furcal appeared to be comfortable while going through his routines.

Furcal will rejoin the Dodgers this weekend, at which point the club will better be able to evaluate how soon Furcal could return. The shortstop has not played in the Majors since May 5.

Closer Takashi Saito (out with a partially torn elbow ligament) was shifted from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list on Wednesday to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for catcher A.J. Ellis, whose contract was purchased from Triple-A Las Vegas. Ellis' first appearance will be his Major League debut.

That means Saito will not be eligible to come off the DL until Sept. 12 at Colorado, a day that could be realistic, based on his progress.

Saito will throw a simulated game on Saturday and then another one on Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly clearing the way for his return that weekend in Colorado if all goes well.
Michael Schwartz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]68[/td] [td].511[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]35-21[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]40-31[/td] [td]31-37[/td] [td]45-51[/td] [td]26-17[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]18-18[/td] [td]638[/td] [td]612[/td] [td]72-67[/td] [td] 9/3 v STL, W 4-3[/td] [td]9/5 @ LAD, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]70[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]W5[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]29-25[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]42-30[/td] [td]28-40[/td] [td]46-51[/td] [td]24-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]584[/td] [td]572[/td] [td]71-69[/td] [td] 9/3 v SD, W 6-4[/td] [td]9/5 v ARI, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]75[/td] [td].468[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]20-16[/td] [td]24-33[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]38-31[/td] [td]28-44[/td] [td]43-59[/td] [td]23-16[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]22-18[/td] [td]658[/td] [td]717[/td] [td]65-76[/td] [td] 9/3 v SF, L 2-9[/td] [td]9/5 v HOU, 9:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]79[/td] [td].432[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]9-28[/td] [td]26-26[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]30-39[/td] [td]30-40[/td] [td]46-52[/td] [td]14-27[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]26-18[/td] [td]539[/td] [td]651[/td] [td]58-81[/td] [td] 9/3 @ COL, W 9-2[/td] [td]9/5 v PIT, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]86[/td] [td].381[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]13-21[/td] [td]25-34[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]32-39[/td] [td]21-47[/td] [td]37-53[/td] [td]16-33[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]15-25[/td] [td]537[/td] [td]655[/td] [td]57-82[/td] [td] 9/3 @ LAD, L 4-6[/td] [td]9/4 @ MIL, 8:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

He worked for tips, I would have spend hundreds of dollars that night on entrance alone.
pimp.gif

He roams around the Mandalay Bay, near the Tram escalators, so in case you guys see him, he's legit.

How much do you tip these people? I thought they were promoters and just gave %+*% away

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

pimp.gif

How much do you tip these people? I thought they were promoters and just gave %+*% away
Well I gave him a $10 bill. For like $120 worth of passes.

Each of those clubs I went to charge $20-25 per head, so I got a steal.

I've seen a bunch on those on ebay all for under $5 but most seem to have restrictions or at the discretion of the club/bouncers

Back
Top Bottom