Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

laugh.gif
manny forgot the count and thought it was a walk.

Manny's famous interview about him not keeping track of balls & strikes is comedy. Vin always talks about it. Manny has walked to first base like 2 or3 times on ball 3
laugh.gif

Maddux is pitching like the Maddux we all remember when he was with us. Lets get people on base and get a run up!

Damn Kuo struggled

Lets hope the reds take care of business.

according to pmac we're still playing the padres
roll.gif

mad.gif

Oh well, 2 out of 3 against the Padres and Rockies on the road, can't complain. 4-2 road trip, now it's time to take care of the (Butt) Pirates.

77-72

not too upset about the loss today, there's gonna be games where the bats don't connect and we pitched a great 9 innings (Maddux looked like the Madduxof old). Let's go Reds!

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/09/would-dodgers-t.html[/h1]
[h1]Would Dodgers Trade For Beltre?[/h1]
By Nat Boyle [September 14 at 10:59am CST]

If Casey Blake returns to Cleveland, would the Dodgers be interested in Adrian Beltre? Bill Shaikin of the LA Times points out Beltre still calls Pasadena home.

The 29 year old third basemen is in the midst of this third consecutive 25 homerun season despite a torn ligament in his left thumb. Writes Shaikin:
"Beltre wouldn't mind staying in Seattle, but the Mariners need to hire a general manager and get on with rebuilding. Assuming they do, Beltre would love to come back to the Dodgers. 'If I'm available, I'd be happy to,' he said. 'I don't know what is going to happen. I'd be more than happy to come back to L.A. It's not under my control.'"

Still, the Mariners don't have many trade pieces, need to rebuild, and third base will be in high demand this offseason so Beltre won't come cheap. The Dodgers have given up a lot recently to acquire Manny Ramirez and Greg Maddux and may rather work hard to sign Casey Blake before other teams have a chance. Other options for the Dodgers might be to move Blake Dewitt to third, or pursuing Joe Crede or other less desirable free agents this offseason.

I wouldn't mind having Beltre back. He regrets leaving Los Angeles, and he actually lives in Arcadia. Seattle is poorly run and they will want a packagethat will help them save face after the Bedard deal blew up in their face.

DeWitt needs to stay at second, he will be a very good 2B, and his bat is better fit for the position. Beltre back, sure, but for what? I wouldn't givethem May, De Jesus, McDonald, Elbert, etc.

It depends on whether we resign Furcal. It would make Hu and Abreu expendable and maybe build a package around that. Hu/Abreu along with a Pitcher should beenough.

I don't think we should go after Crede, he has back issues. No more FA's with health issue's, Colletti will stay away from that (Except Furcal). Isee Casey Blake going back to Cleveland, and resigning Manny will be a priority. The Dodgers will go after CC, but I could see baseball ops passing if someoneelse offers a 7 year deal.

smokin.gif
another late innings loss for the Dbags

The Belly rumors, they've been going on as long as Manny coming to LA has. I'll believe it when I see it. IMHO though, his greedy %+# CHASED the cash,let him pay the consequences...

Dodgers fans, I need some insight on your closer situation for the final 2 weeks of the regular season.

Saito was activated from the DL yesterday. Is he immediately returning to the closer's role? Has Joe stated how he wants to bring him back? Minor leagueseasons are over, so he didn't go through a rehab assignment, right?

Broxton was a little shaky in August, but he's really settled nicely into the closer's role over the 3 weeks.

It's crunch time in my fantasy baseball money league, I got both Broxton and Saito on my team right now, but I have to drop one of the them before Tuesdaynight.

^^I have no idea how saita is gonna return. If I had to bet money....I'd bet it on broxton.
I think they're gonna be hesitant to put saita in during a close game until they're fully sure that they know he can handle the job

ME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
PNC Park
4:05PM PDT

Kuroda (8-10)

Ohlendorf (1-2)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]72[/td] [td].517[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]36-27[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]45-30[/td] [td]32-42[/td] [td]49-53[/td] [td]28-19[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]17-22[/td] [td]628[/td] [td]589[/td] [td]79-70[/td] [td] 9/14 @ COL, L 0-1[/td] [td]9/15 @ PIT, 7:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]76[/td] [td].486[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]16-19[/td] [td]35-27[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]41-33[/td] [td]31-43[/td] [td]46-57[/td] [td]26-19[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]19-22[/td] [td]658[/td] [td]653[/td] [td]75-73[/td] [td] 9/14 v CIN, L 1-2[/td] [td]9/15 v SF, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]81[/td] [td].456[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]W3[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]32-27[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-40[/td] [td]33-41[/td] [td]52-53[/td] [td]16-28[/td] [td]8-5[/td] [td]29-18[/td] [td]595[/td] [td]698[/td] [td]64-85[/td] [td] 9/14 @ SD, W 8-6[/td] [td]9/15 @ ARI, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]82[/td] [td].453[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]25-35[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]40-35[/td] [td]28-47[/td] [td]45-64[/td] [td]23-18[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]23-19[/td] [td]685[/td] [td]763[/td] [td]68-82[/td] [td] 9/14 v LAD, W 1-0[/td] [td]9/15 v SD, 8:35P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]93[/td] [td].380[/td] [td]20.5[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]27-39[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]34-44[/td] [td]23-49[/td] [td]40-57[/td] [td]17-36[/td] [td]5-8[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]581[/td] [td]698[/td] [td]63-87[/td] [td] 9/14 v SF, L 6-8[/td] [td]9/15 @ COL, 8:35P[/td] [/tr][/table]

Let's see how Kuroda performs on the road, I believe he's (2-8 ) He's gotta come up big, we gotta sweep the Buc's. For all the people who wanted to Keep LaRoche, let's watch how sorry he is
laugh.gif
D'Bags are playing the Giants, let's hope the Giants can take that series.

I wouldn't mind having Beltre back. He regrets leaving Los Angeles, and he actually lives in Arcadia. Seattle is poorly run and they will want a package that will help them save face after the Bedard deal blew up in their face.

DeWitt needs to stay at second, he will be a very good 2B, and his bat is better fit for the position. Beltre back, sure, but for what? I wouldn't give them May, De Jesus, McDonald, Elbert, etc.

It depends on whether we resign Furcal. It would make Hu and Abreu expendable and maybe build a package around that. Hu/Abreu along with a Pitcher should be enough.

I don't think we should go after Crede, he has back issues. No more FA's with health issue's, Colletti will stay away from that (Except Furcal). I see Casey Blake going back to Cleveland, and resigning Manny will be a priority. The Dodgers will go after CC, but I could see baseball ops passing if someone else offers a 7 year dea

Well said ironman, everything will come into place if we re-sign Furcal. I wouldn't mind a 2-3yr deal with incentives. Once we get him out of the way, we'll know what we can do with Hu and Abreu. They are moveable, we gotta keep letting GMs around the league think these two can perform in the major league level, they're very expendaable, especially with DeJesus waiting in the wings.

I think the stage for Casey in L.A is just a little to big for him, bring him back to a smaller market where he's away from all the media, that would probably be his off-season wish.

But, like I've said before - we've watched Adrian Beltre come up with the Dodgers and it was painful to see him go to chase the $$$, but I'm sure L.A would welcome him back with open arms.

Dodgers fans, I need some insight on your closer situation for the final 2 weeks of the regular season.

Saito was activated from the DL yesterday. Is he immediately returning to the closer's role? Has Joe stated how he wants to bring him back? Minor league seasons are over, so he didn't go through a rehab assignment, right?

Broxton was a little shaky in August, but he's really settled nicely into the closer's role over the 3 weeks.

It's crunch time in my fantasy baseball money league, I got both Broxton and Saito on my team right now, but I have to drop one of the them before Tuesday night.

Without a doubt, let Saito go. We were all thinking he was done for the SEASON, so him coming back is a surprise to all of us. I hope they limit his use and just save him for the playoffs, but your best bet is to go with Broxton, even though dude ain't cold blooded and he can't control his temper
sick.gif

The Cubs, whose impending sale could change GMs, could move in and make a play for Cashman. Dodgers owner Frank McCourt has expressed his discontent with Ned Colletti and could fire him to reunite his manager with his former GM.

Came across this little tidbit in an article, if this is the case, expect Manny to be locked up for 4 years as the priority
pimp.gif

The Cubs, whose impending sale could change GMs, could move in and make a play for Cashman. Dodgers owner Frank McCourt has expressed his discontent with Ned Colletti and could fire him to reunite his manager with his former GM.

Say what?
pimp.gif

Please stop PMAC. The last thing we need to do is be cocky, we still have a handful of games left and the NL west is never predictable.
It doesn't matter, since we might not even play the Cubs. The Brewers are falling apart, they just fired their manager so it looks like theMets/Phillies will win the Wild Card. The Cubs will win the Central and we will win the West.

Seedings:
1. Cubs (Central)
2. Mets/Phillies (East)
3. Dodgers (West)
4. Mets/Phillies/Brewers (Wild Card)

So we could play the Cubs, Mets or Phillies depending on how the last two weeks play out.

As far as Brian Cashman goes....pass on that.

Back
Top Bottom