Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by bright nikes

its %#$#+++ nutts here!!@#

im keeping track of the score on espn scoreboard, looks good! but coors is always dangerous to play so hopefully they can hold on to the lead.

also lets hope the reds can take a game from the dbacks!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Where you at? USC game
tongue.gif

I bet it's crazy packed there. At least the weather is nice.

I guess no one's watching the game
Ha, I am.
tongue.gif

ya fb23 I'm @ the collesium right now, haha I'm on loner mode @ halftime
laugh.gif

But, it hasta be cake tryna get some usc ({}) , imma b on my grind

I doubt the Reds are beating anyone so I'm glad the Dodgers are continuing to take care of business.

NEXT GAME 9/14

TV: KCAL | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Coors Field
12:05PM PDT

Maddux (7-12)

Cook (16-9)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]71[/td] [td].520[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [td]W4[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]36-26[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]45-30[/td] [td]32-41[/td] [td]49-52[/td] [td]28-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]628[/td] [td]588[/td] [td]78-70[/td] [td] 9/13 @ COL, W 5-1[/td] [td]9/14 @ COL, 3:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]75[/td] [td].490[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]35-27[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]41-32[/td] [td]31-43[/td] [td]46-56[/td] [td]26-19[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [td]19-21[/td] [td]657[/td] [td]651[/td] [td]74-73[/td] [td] 9/13 v CIN, L 2-3[/td] [td]9/14 v CIN, 4:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]81[/td] [td].453[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]31-27[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-40[/td] [td]32-41[/td] [td]51-53[/td] [td]16-28[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]29-18[/td] [td]587[/td] [td]692[/td] [td]63-85[/td] [td] 9/13 @ SD, W 7-0[/td] [td]9/14 @ SD, 4:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]82[/td] [td].450[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L7[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]24-35[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]39-35[/td] [td]28-47[/td] [td]44-64[/td] [td]23-18[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]22-19[/td] [td]684[/td] [td]763[/td] [td]67-82[/td] [td] 9/13 v LAD, L 1-5[/td] [td]9/14 v LAD, 3:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]92[/td] [td].383[/td] [td]20.5[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]27-38[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]34-43[/td] [td]23-49[/td] [td]40-57[/td] [td]17-35[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]575[/td] [td]690[/td] [td]62-87[/td] [td] 9/13 v SF, L 0-7[/td] [td]9/14 v SF, 4:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

Jones placed on DL; Saito activated

Struggling outfielder vows to work hard, 'be better next year'

DENVER -- The plug was pulled on Andruw Jones' disaster of a first season as a Dodger on Saturday, when he was placed on the 60-day disabled list to make room on the roster for the activation of closer Takashi Saito.
Technically, Jones was disabled for the third time this year with tendinitis in his right knee, which also underwent arthroscopic surgery, a condition not needing surgery but extended rest. Realistically, the move was made to facilitate Saito's return without costing the Dodgers a player.

Even Jones couldn't argue with the decision.

"I don't feel 100 percent, I don't feel I can help the team, especially in this situation in the race," he said. "To be a bench guy, it takes me a while to warm up and get going. Right now, we need to play the other guys."

Jones finished the season hitting .158 with three homers and 14 RBIs, playing in 75 games. Not exactly what the club had in mind when it signed him to a two-year, $36.2 million contract at the Winter Meetings, the highest annual salary in club history.

Nor was it expected that Jones would arrive in Spring Training noticeably overweight, slow of foot and bat speed. And he compounded it with poorly chosen words about not caring what the fans thought about his play.

General manager Ned Colletti was non-committal whether he would approach the offseason assuming that Jones would be his starting center fielder for 2009.

"Yeah, I think he has a chance to be, but it's too far away for me to comment on it," Colletti said.

Jones, 31, is a 10-time Gold Glove winner and five-time All-Star, but the Dodgers saw none of that. Colletti was asked if he remembered another player to fall so far so fast.

"I can't think of one and I've tried for the last five months," he said.

Jones called the season "a learning experience" and vowed to report to Spring Training in better shape. Manager Joe Torre said Jones will play winter ball in the Dominican Republic.

"I need to prepare better," Jones said. "I'm going to work on it this offseason and be better next year."

Said Torre: "Could he have been in better shape? Probably. Do I think that's totally to blame? No. He probably will be lighter, but it's more involved than just weight. A lot of it is emotional. He had never been with any team but the Braves. He basically had to start from scratch, and with the responsibility of coming here."

Torre said he was convinced Jones would be of no help the rest of the way after watching him struggle in a spot start Tuesday night in San Diego, lacking the outfield quickness that used to come naturally.

"We want him to be the player he has been. It's in there somewhere," Torre said. "I still have confidence he can get fixed. He's getting older, but he's not old. I watched him with Atlanta. In the outfield, he never took a backseat to anybody and he did it without a lot of effort. I envision the player I know being our everyday center fielder."

Ethier leaves team for birth of baby

Torre expects outfielder to be gone for a couple of days

DENVER -- Andre Ethier left the Dodgers on Saturday to join his wife, Maggie, for the birth of their first child. He was replaced in the lineup by Juan Pierre for Saturday night's game with the Rockies.

Manager Joe Torre said he hoped Ethier, who lives in Chandler, Ariz., would be gone "a couple days."

"We knew it was going to happen," Torre said. "You just hope everything's fine, everyone's healthy, everything works."

Ethier is the hottest hitter in the game, averaging .595 since Sept. 1, and he leads the club on the season with a .302 average and 20 homers. He was last week's National League co-Player of the Week.

"If we're going to win," Torre said, "we need people to pick up people."

While Ethier was gone, Takashi Saito was activated. Hong-Chih Kuo threw a light bullpen session and reported his fatigued elbow felt good, but Torre said he would try not to use him another day. Kuo has not pitched since Sunday and received a cortisone injection Thursday.

Rafael Furcal's comeback from back surgery continues to be slowed by a tight hamstring, but the club hasn't given up hope that he'll be playing at some point before this season ends.

Congrats Ethier
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pierre and Kemp aren't getting on base as the #1 and #2 in the lineup.

Pierre is as done as Andruw Jones, and Kemp is being too aggressive at the plate.

But, this team will find a way to win with someone.

Maddux is also pitching a nice game, hopefully he can keep it up.

Still don't know how Pierre earned the contract that he got, he's got the speed, and that's if he even gets on base.

Back
Top Bottom