Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Exactly, still a handful of games left, no need to be calling any team out at this point
sick.gif

Here's tonight's lineup:

Martin, C

Pierre, CF

Manny, LF

Loney, 1B

Nomar, 3B

Kemp, RF

DeWitt, 2B

Berroa, SS

Kuroda, P

Casey Blake out with tightness in his back, and Ethier is still celebrating the birth of his baby. Early start to today's game, lets get it
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
at Bring on the Cubs...I'm just glad it got updated
pimp.gif

I see no reason why we shouldn't sweep the Pirates and hopefully the Giants can take care of the D'backs to increase our lead.

JUAN PIERRE SHOWWW EM WHY YOU MAD
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm telling you this commentary by lyons & steiner is hilariouss

Saito about to pitch, lets see how that goes.

Kuroda bout to get a win on the road since July 2nd.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

JUAN PIERRE SHOWWW EM WHY YOU MAD
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm telling you this commentary by lyons & steiner is hilariouss
Yeah they are entertaining, but I'm sure Lyons is more conservative about what he says after being fired from doing Saturday afternoon games,by Big Fox for his loose comments.
laugh.gif

They keep dogging Juan Pierre about his homerun.

Saito sighting
eek.gif

And he's throwing strikes, no problem. What a perfect setup man he would be if he becomes available full time in the playoffs.

Pierre with the bomb
eek.gif

Lyons clowning Repko
laugh.gif

Saito back
smokin.gif

Dodgers kicking *$$
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Crazy when you think about it, but Manny has 43 RBI's as a Dodger, half of what the team leader has (Loney 86
eek.gif
)

Welcome back Takashi!

What a perfect game for Saito to "rehab" - up by plenty of runs, against the horrible pirates hitters.

Saito hit his fastball at highest 90MPH, but the most important pitch I was watching for was his slider, and his slider was on point going @ 79mph and strikingout 2

Great win all around by the Dodgers.

I have a feeling Brad Penny might just be shut down for the season, he really has NOTHING left.

I have a feeling Brad Penny might just be shut down for the season, he really has NOTHING left.

The way he's throwing, hell it looks like I can catch up to one of his fastballs, and drive it deep.
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

The way he's throwing, hell it looks like I can catch up to one of his fastballs, and drive it deep.
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

I'll email him that statement you just made, let's set it up
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

*edit*
Let's cheer on the Giants
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

James Loney & Matt Kemp on Best Damn Sports Show Period
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Kuo sidelined, Kent hitting bp and furcal might not return at all...

PITTSBURGH -- Dodgers reliever Hong-Chih Kuo, who reported no left elbow problems immediately after pitching Sunday, reported discomfort in his triceps Monday, casting a cloud on his future availability for the Dodgers down the stretch and beyond.

"From what I'm told, if we wait a few more days, it'll be the same result," manager Joe Torre said. "He's not out of the mix, but we have to be a little more aware of his usage. Even earlier in the season, when he was lights-out, it's safe to assume there was no time he never felt something."

Kuo was the losing pitcher Sunday in Colorado, allowing four hits and the winning run in the 10th inning of a 1-0 loss to the Rockies. It was his first appearance in a week, during which he received a cortisone injection in his triceps muscle above the left elbow.

Kuo's durability has always been the worry, considering his elbow has undergone four operations, two of them Tommy John reconstructions. He emerged as Torre's primary multiple-inning setup man this year, supplanting Joe Beimel, and is 5-3 with a 2.14 ERA, throwing 80 innings in 42 games.

Torre said that Beimel, who has served as a situational lefty, and rookie Scott Elbert, could take over some of the appearances that would have gone to Kuo.

With Kuo out and Corey Wade having pitched two innings Sunday, Torre said that he planned to give Takashi Saito his first game action Monday night after missing two months with a torn right elbow ligament. If a long reliever were needed, it probably would be Brad Penny.

"If we're going to consider him for a starter role, he has to give us a few innings," said Torre.

In other availability news, third baseman Casey Blake, who left Sunday's game in the sixth inning with lower back stiffness, did not start, but felt well enough to take grounders. Blake said if the season's outcome was in the balance, he would have played. Nomar Garciaparra started at third base. Torre said he's still thinking about giving Manny Ramirez Thursday's day game off, but not if Blake is still sidelined.

Andre Ethier was out of the lineup for the third consecutive day. He left the club for the birth of his child and was expected to arrive at PNC Park sometime during the game. Juan Pierre again started and batted second.

Torre said that Jeff Kent has begun taking live batting practice in Los Angeles and running straight ahead as he recovers from left knee surgery, but still feels tenderness. Torre said Rafael Furcal's return from back surgery might not happen during the regular season.

"It's a slow process," Torre said of Furcal's recovery, which is in the Spring Training stage now, hampered by a strained hamstring. "Realistically, to get him into game shape, it might be the postseason, if we're a part of that. His being able to play a significant amount of time is a long shot."

James Loney & Matt Kemp on Best Damn Sports Show Period
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Thanks for posting that, I had missed this and only saw the last couple of minutes when it aired.

Back
Top Bottom