Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

16 games left (I believe 6 left @ home)
eek.gif

3.5 gm lead, this is our division to lose from here on out ... its ours for the taking.

P.S. Ironman get me on the field saturday?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Fellas, do we show him the money this offseason?
Heck yes. The McCourts better pay him up. Manny will still be a force for several years to come.

And BN, you're lucky man for getting those tix for the game on Saturday.
laugh.gif
Should be a great game....for us at least
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Slayer Carcetti

Realistically, how effective do you guys expect Raffy to be when he gets back?

Missed most of the game so far tonight but let's just get 3 more outs from the bullpen and increase our lead in the standings
pimp.gif

Is that you jpap? or you both just have the same avy?
nerd.gif

Furcal coming back as anything more than a back-up, is asking for too much. Dude can't run at a high level yet, and that's a big part of his game.
I would like to see he ease into the lineup as a pinch hitter, then you'll see what you have.

laugh.gif
yea it's me, other named got banned a few weeks ago when yuku was glitching and not letting people reply to threads
smh.gif

but yea I'm hoping they'll bring him back slowly and not just rush him out there, especially because Berroa and Nomar have been fine lately.

MANUELITO
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

give this man the MVP already!

NEXT GAME 9/12

TV: KCAL | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Coors Field
6:05PM PDT

Billingsley (14-10)

Francis (4-9)

Tickets
Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]71[/td] [td].514[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]34-26[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]45-30[/td] [td]30-41[/td] [td]49-52[/td] [td]26-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]616[/td] [td]585[/td] [td]76-70[/td] [td] 9/10 @ SD, W 7-2[/td] [td]9/12 @ COL, 9:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]74[/td] [td].490[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L6[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]15-17[/td] [td]35-27[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]40-31[/td] [td]31-43[/td] [td]45-55[/td] [td]26-19[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]18-20[/td] [td]652[/td] [td]646[/td] [td]73-72[/td] [td] 9/10 @ SF, L 3-4[/td] [td]9/12 v CIN, 9:40P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]79[/td] [td].459[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L4[/td] [td]15-20[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]24-33[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]39-33[/td] [td]28-46[/td] [td]44-62[/td] [td]23-17[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]22-19[/td] [td]677[/td] [td]743[/td] [td]67-79[/td] [td] 9/10 @ ATL, L 5-9[/td] [td]9/11 @ ATL, 7:00P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]80[/td] [td].448[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]W5[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]29-26[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-40[/td] [td]30-40[/td] [td]49-52[/td] [td]16-28[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]29-18[/td] [td]572[/td] [td]679[/td] [td]61-84[/td] [td] 9/10 v ARI, W 4-3[/td] [td]9/11 @ SD, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]90[/td] [td].384[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]26-36[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]33-41[/td] [td]23-49[/td] [td]39-56[/td] [td]17-34[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]562[/td] [td]675[/td] [td]61-85[/td] [td] 9/10 v LAD, L 2-7[/td] [td]9/11 v SF, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

And BN, you're lucky man for getting those tix for the game on Saturday.
laugh.gif
Should be a great game....for us at least
pimp.gif

Mannn, if anyone else is going in the student section hit me up, I have no idea what I'm doing
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

LOS ANGELES -- It certainly doesn't hurt having Manny Ramirez, Derek Lowe and Casey Blake around, but the heart of the Dodgers' playoff push has comefrom within.
From position players James Loney, Russell Martin and Matt Kemp to pitchers Chad Billingsley, Jonathan Broxton and Clayton Kershaw to unexpectedcontributors like Blake DeWitt and Cory Wade, the Dodgers' farm system has provided the backbone of a contender, as well as prospects such as Andy LaRocheand Carlos Santana to deal for Ramirez and Blake.

"[It's] fulfilling knowing that your staff is capable of getting these young men prepared to compete at the highest level," said Dodgersplayer development director De Jon Watson.

Even with all the promotions and trades in recent years, Dodgers scouting director Logan White estimates the club's Minor League system still ranks inthe upper third of baseball in terms of talent, although it "may not have quite the depth when we had that whole core of guys all together."

Watson said his organization has players at all levels who one day may join Loney, Kemp and Billingsley wearing Dodger Blue.

Chief among them are right-hander James McDonald and infielder Ivan De Jesus, who were respectively named the organization's Pitcher of the Month andPlayer of the Month on Thursday.

McDonald won the award for the second consecutive year after compiling a 7-4 record with a 3.26 ERA in Double-A and Triple-A. He yielded three runs or lessin 22 of his 26 starts and made a quick impression upon being promoted to Triple-A Las Vegas in early August, striking out 10 in each of his first twooutings.

Watson said McDonald's main struggles in 2008 involved an inconsistency commanding his breaking ball, but the farm director was pleased with howMcDonald learned how to pitch without his best stuff.

"He's a young man who [is] going to be knocking on the door pretty soon," Watson said. "We just like where he is from a mentalstandpoint, the competitive standpoint and where he is in his overall delivery."

De Jesus hit .324 with seven homers and 58 RBIs at Double-A Jacksonville in a year in which he represented the Dodgers in the XM Radio All-Star FuturesGame. He ended the season with a 23-game hitting streak, and the natural shortstop learned to play a little second base.

"He had a really good year," Watson said. "This kid was probably one of the most improved players this year as a whole. I'm talking froma defensive standpoint, baserunning, offensive standpoint, showed some surprising power down the stretch, really improved his on-base percentage, pitches seenper at-bat. This kid did a little bit of everything."

Scott Elbert, called up on Aug. 28, bounced back from elbow surgery in 2007 to go 4-1 record with a 2.40 ERA this season at Jacksonville. The left-handerfeatures what Watson described as a "lights-out" breaking ball as well as an above-average fastball, adding the main thing he needs to work on iscommanding his heater.

"I'm proud of where he is today," Watson said. "It's been a tough battle. Whenever you're down with an injury, it's hard forthe players definitely mentally waiting and not knowing if you're going to come back, and he had a couple setbacks in his rehab, and for him to get back onthe field and to reach the big leagues this year is just a testament to his work ethic and drive and desire."

Chin-lung Hu, who has joined Elbert and McDonald with the Dodgers this September, struggled at the plate in Los Angeles before being sent down to Triple-A.Hu, the Dodgers' 2007 Minor League Player of the Year, hit .295 with a homer and 15 RBIs with Vegas.

Watson has remained high on Hu, calling him one of the better defenders in baseball today.

"I think it's a matter of him just getting comfortable at the plate, and I think you'll see him be a little more productive as he settlesin," Watson said. "I think it's comfort and understanding the pace of the game. I think the bat is probably the last piece to come for him, but Ithink he'll turn the corner."

If Hu needs more seasoning at Triple-A next season, he may not be playing in Las Vegas. Watson said he could not speak on the issue because the Dodgers arestill under contract with the 51s until Sept. 18, but the organization may seek realignment at that time to Albuquerque, Los Angeles' Triple-A affiliatefrom 1972-2000.

And there are other Minor Leaguers who stood out this season to Watson and White.

Andrew Lambo, .295, 18 homers, 91 RBIs, Class A Great Lakes and Jacksonville: "He can swing the bat a little bit," Watson said."He's a good-looking hitter. He carried the club, and that's a pretty big burden for a 19-year-old kid playing with 22- and 23-year-old players,but the young man kept a consistent approach the whole year, stayed focused and executed. We have a guy on our big league club who was roughly doing some ofthe same things at the same time, age-wise."

Josh Lindblom, 2.12 ERA, 34 innings, 37 strikeouts, five walks, Great Lakes and Jacksonville: "I think this kid probably could havepitched in the big leagues if we forced the issue pretty good," White said of the 2008 second-round Draft pick. "He's big and physical, he'sgot a really good makeup and his stuff is pretty impressive."

Devaris Gordon, .331, 45 runs, 18 steals, Class A short-season Odgen: "He's going to be fun," Watson said. "Whenhe's legging out a triple, this guy's legs are like he's floating out there, his strides are so long, he covers so much ground. He just showed alot of promise

IRONMAN
I've got a question for you. I don't know if you may be able to help but here's my question....
My brother got the email today for playoff tix. He has a package so he can only get 2 per game for the 1st series. How true are the ticketmaster/dodger limits?And do they really cancel orders?
For opening day it say limit 4 I believe but I ended up gettin 8 total for friends n family and nothing happened
I really would like to get 4 but don't wanna worry about my order gettin cancelled

Russ nor Ethier moved the runners, but Manny came through, woudda been a homerun in most parks but The Rox scoreboard in RF kept it in.

Bills had a bad outting, dude had a rockie get on base in EVERY inning, only had 3 so but he kept the team in the game.

The Reds are just a sorry team and probably will get swept by the dbacks.

Lets hope CHP can hold on to the lead, he shudda walked Holliday.

Loney with a bases clearing double.

Dbacks bout to win, all we gotta do is win our games.

Also, I don't know if any of you guys are near chattsworth, hope all your famlay is safe due to that metrolink / freight crash.

IRONMAN
I've got a question for you. I don't know if you may be able to help but here's my question....
My brother got the email today for playoff tix. He has a package so he can only get 2 per game for the 1st series. How true are the ticketmaster/dodger limits? And do they really cancel orders?
For opening day it say limit 4 I believe but I ended up gettin 8 total for friends n family and nothing happened
I really would like to get 4 but don't wanna worry about my order gettin cancelled
From my knowledge everything that goes through Ticketmaster, is handled by Ticketmaster. We give them their allotment and we fulfill the ticketorders (We, as in the ticket office
laugh.gif
). The Dodgers have their ownallotment for walk ups, employees, guests, players, etc. I would put in the order and if Ticketmaster cancels, then just head to the stadium. Even on a busyday like Opening Day/Playoffs, someone is bound to give up tickets (scalpers, people that had friends bail out so they are stuck with tickets). If you aresmart and know how to barter, you will get your tickets at face value. Did it plenty of times when I was a fan, got below face for Game 3 of the 2006 DivisionSeries.

In case you guys are curious here are the prices:
Top Deck - $26
RF Pavilion - $56
LF Pavilion - $56
Reserve - $41, $31, $26
Loge - $76, $66, $56, $41
Field Level - $126, $106, $81, $61
Baller's (Baseline) - $291, $256, $106

Good Luck fella's, I've been getting slammed with "Can you get me tix?" messages since Monday,
laugh.gif
. I got my allotment of 10 and distributed them accordingly.

"Can you get me tix?"
happy.gif

jk

but pretty much what im asking is...do you happen to know how likely they cancel orders? what if i do the ticketfast? do you know if they can still cancel itsince i have the tix "in hand."
i want 4 tix baaaad
devil.gif
, but i'll settle for two

So would you recommend I just do the ticketfast if I want more than 2 tix?
Sorry for all the questions IronMan. But I know if I call ticketmaster they're going to be technical and give me all the "answers" by the bookand not be a help to me whatsoever.

NEXT GAME 9/13

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Coors Field
5:05PM PDT

Kershaw (3-5)

De La Rosa (8-7)

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]71[/td] [td].517[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [td]W3[/td] [td]16-18[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]35-26[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]45-30[/td] [td]31-41[/td] [td]49-52[/td] [td]27-19[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-21[/td] [td]623[/td] [td]587[/td] [td]77-70[/td] [td] 9/12 @ COL, W 7-2[/td] [td]9/13 @ COL, 8:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]74[/td] [td].493[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]16-17[/td] [td]35-27[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]41-31[/td] [td]31-43[/td] [td]46-55[/td] [td]26-19[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]19-20[/td] [td]655[/td] [td]648[/td] [td]74-72[/td] [td] 9/12 v CIN, W 3-2[/td] [td]9/13 v CIN, 8:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]81[/td] [td].453[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L6[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]21-18[/td] [td]24-34[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]39-34[/td] [td]28-47[/td] [td]44-64[/td] [td]23-17[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]22-19[/td] [td]683[/td] [td]758[/td] [td]67-81[/td] [td] 9/12 v LAD, L 2-7[/td] [td]9/13 v LAD, 8:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]81[/td] [td].449[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W1[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]11-29[/td] [td]30-27[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]35-40[/td] [td]31-41[/td] [td]50-53[/td] [td]16-28[/td] [td]7-5[/td] [td]29-18[/td] [td]580[/td] [td]692[/td] [td]62-85[/td] [td] 9/12 @ SD, W 5-2[/td] [td]9/13 @ SD, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]91[/td] [td].385[/td] [td]19.5[/td] [td]E[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]L1[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]15-23[/td] [td]27-37[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]34-42[/td] [td]23-49[/td] [td]40-56[/td] [td]17-35[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]15-27[/td] [td]575[/td] [td]683[/td] [td]63-85[/td] [td] 9/12 v SF, L 2-5[/td] [td]9/13 v SF, 10:05P[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

So would you recommend I just do the ticketfast if I want more than 2 tix?
Sorry for all the questions IronMan. But I know if I call ticketmaster they're going to be technical and give me all the "answers" by the book and not be a help to me whatsoever.
Sorry to intervene, but from my experience, once they accept your order, even with a limit on the number of tix, and you chose ticket fast, Onceyour credit card has been approved, they email you the tickets within a couple of minutes.

If you choose 8 tickets, and they don't automatically decline your request, it should go through if you choose the ticketfast option.

The plug was pulled on Andruw Jones' disaster of a first season as a Dodger on Saturday, when he was placed on the 60-day disabled list to make room on the roster for the activation of closer Takashi Sait
pimp.gif

its %#$#+++ nutts here!!@#

im keeping track of the score on espn scoreboard, looks good! but coors is always dangerous to play so hopefully they can hold on to the lead.

also lets hope the reds can take a game from the dbacks!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom