*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

^ When I first read the words you wrote about Hurley (something like 'I was pissed reading about Hurley'), I thought exactly what you just now said;'Well he's one of the Oceanic 6, so I know he doesn't die.' And then as soon as I thought that, I thought this: 'Well maybe he dies orsomething bad happens to him in a flash forward.'
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

dapimpjuice4ya:
How about everyone here just follows one general rule???? When you are about to post a spoiler, either blacken your texts or do the spoiler code where it allows you to click the plus sign to expose the text. That way, everyone can read the spoiler if they make the decision to and not read the spoiler if they don't want to. If you want to discuss the spoiler, do so through PM's with whoever revealed the spoiler so to speak. It's really simple and people are getting all bent out of shape over this. It's not that serious. It all boils down to this: some people like the element of surprise and some don't. Allow us to make that choice.
Sounds good on paper, but it won't work.

#1. We're on page 49. In order for that idea to work (which has been mentioned many times already, and still doesn't happen), EVERYONE that posts wouldhave to read the suggestion and agree to follow it.

#2. When the show is actually ON, the replies come quick and the pages grow fast, and people are hardly reading every single response. By the end of the nextepisode, your suggestion will still be on page 49, but the discussion will be taking place on like page 57.

It's just one of those thing you have to accept about the internet; people are collectively insensitive (actually, that's just something we have toaccept about life, not just the 'net).
ohwell.gif

The spoilers are always blackened like chicken, its the idiots that discuss the spoilers in plain text and ask nyc questions about them who are to blame. Justuse common sense and you should be ok. Logging on is not an excuse to abandon it. This isnt the first lost post.

^ Actually, that's a good point, too. That could be a #3 to my post right above yours.

HOWEVER... spoilers have not/are not ALWAYS posted in black text.
wink.gif
Majority of the time? Yes. ALL of the time? No.

at what this has come to
I agree. But I do think that this has to be addressed. I would love to get back to seeing you guys discuss the show and join in on it myself nowthat I have some time to do so. I would feel attacked if I were you too because some people are taking the crying to new levels. I just think that ifyou're gonna post or discuss a spoiler do it in black so that people who don't want to see it don't have a heart attack because they did. Anythingelse that you or anyone else wants to contribute to this thread that is NOT spoiler related can be done so in regular text. Don't worry about people cryingover this, it's really not that serious. I think that alot of people value what you contribute to the thread, I know I do.

Originally Posted by Karmex

The spoilers are always blackened like chicken, its the idiots that discuss the spoilers in plain text and ask nyc questions about them who are to blame. Just use common sense and you should be ok. Logging on is not an excuse to abandon it. This isnt the first lost post.

True Story.
Does anyone have a link to next weeks preview?

So wait

if the island is the garden of eden, which it probably isnt.

would that make the black smoke the devil?

shapeshifter?

Why don't you just use the spoiler code, so people have to click to look at the spoiler... How about a separate thread for lost spoilers, and keep thespoilers out of the main discussion...

Spoiler [+]
the captain of the ship is actually a polar bear.....his name is greg

i'm almost caught up to season four but i've been doing a little poking around with the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42

and i totally noticed that the rabbits have these numbers on their bodies.

??

probably already posted...but just in case it wasnt (didn't go through all the pages)

I'm going to make the final declaration on spoilers.

Use black text or the spoiler tag ([ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler] without the spaces) for spoilers or discussion of spoilers. Spoiler tags are probably better.

Also, put something in visible white text about the nature of the spoiler. Is is about next week's episode? Is it something about the secrets of the islandthat we're not supposed to know until season 5 or 6? Is it speculation or a theory that may give away information? Different readers on here will want toavoid different types of spoilers. For example, I don't want to read about next week's episode but I don't mind reading theories and other infoabout the secrets of the island.

Practice:

Wow, what an interesting episode. I have some info on next week's episode:

Spoiler [+]
Apparently someone dies, and it'll be someone from Flight 815.

or if you're nycknicks....

Pay attention to time. Time is important. In fact,

Spoiler [+]
Time does not exist on the island in the way we think of it in the real world. You don't age on the island.

Everything settled? Let's move on. We only need one thread. West coasters, just be careful in the 2 hours between East and West coast showings.

anyone played the lost via domus game yet? I have it but havent installed it yet.

I dont really know what its about but I dont really expect much seeing the series isnt done yet...

IT'S LOST THURSDAY 3/6!!!!!
START THE DISCUSSION NOW!
I just noticed something as I typed 3/6.....damn this year is flying bye.

^ Seriously...how the hell is it March already? My burps still smell like Thanksgiving dinner.

I finally caught last week's Desmond episode yesterday night (yes, i've been slacking). I've been consistently missing out on Thursday new episodes(Thursday night = date night), thank Jacob for online episodes.

Anyway, i'm continuing my no-discussion stance on this season...I find it better to watch and let everything unfold naturally, instead of over-analyzingcertain sequences and reading spoilers. Maybe my interest in the show has waned. However, I am glad to see the number of NTers in this Lost thread. Lastseason, there were a small group of regulars. Today, I can't even recognize half of these guys haha.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

^ Seriously...how the hell is it March already? My burps still smell like Thanksgiving dinner.

I finally caught last week's Desmond episode yesterday night (yes, i've been slacking). I've been consistently missing out on Thursday new episodes (Thursday night = date night), thank Jacob for online episodes.

Anyway, i'm continuing my no-discussion stance on this season...I find it better to watch and let everything unfold naturally, instead of over-analyzing certain sequences and reading spoilers. Maybe my interest in the show has waned. However, I am glad to see the number of NTers in this Lost thread. Last season, there were a small group of regulars. Today, I can't even recognize half of these guys haha.

yea right

Another fine Thursday afternoon getting ready for LOST.

WhyWest, said it as clear as the pale moonlight, use that damn spoiler tag.....that's why some nerd invented it.

Like I said earlier, we're all family and are all under the LOST umbrella .........ella ella ey

Let's have fun tonight, and enjoy the best show on TV...

For all the babies out there...of which i wont mention....this is for you...
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
- this episode is a Juliet based episode
- we see our good friend Ethan again for the first time in a very long long time.
- we also see Goodwin, and guess what?? He was married when we saw him sleeping with Juliet...Hence the name of the episode, "The Other Woman"
- The name of the woman Goodwin was married to, was called Harper..she was the others therapist.
- We see Goodwin working in a new station. He is working with reactors and stuff.
- Remember when i said earlier last season Ben and Juliet had history??? Well thats because she was chosen to be Ben's mate. Thats why he didnt like Goodwin leave the tallies group, because Ben wanted Goodwin to die.
- the reason why they (Daniel/Charlotte) want to shut down the hatch is because Ben could gas the whole island. Exactly want happened during "the purge"
- Daniel and Charlotte never get shot. She finds out theyre on the island to stop Ben.
-Juliet tells Jack to stay away from her, because Ben always finds a way to kill men who are romantically involved with her. Jack tells Juliet that, "He (Ben) can come and get me"
- The Orchid makes its appearance
- We will also see Juliet's reaction to the death of Goodwin
- The whole episode is a flashback of the island, but for some weird reason Charles Widmore is involved

Back
Top Bottom