*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

Originally Posted by sole lovely

what the hell is the black smoke!?!?!?!

and why are there polar bears??

eek.gif
Did you time travel from 2004?

I feel like every 6 or 7 episodes, these exact same questions appear in the Lost thread out of nowhere, along with, "Why does the statue have 4toes?"

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

The last scene got me emotional too. Of everything in the show, the Penny-Desmond relationship is probably the deepest.

I agree 100%. That scene where Penny and Desmond finally spoke was pretty powerful. I'm saaaaaaying though, you'd THINK that after waiting 8years she would maybe pick up on the first ring right??

Am I the only one that's being annoyed by this Charlotte chick?? She was introduced as this innocent paleontologist but what's up with this shady sidewe're seeing from her. She didn't even blink after seeing Ben and she busts Kate upside her head next week.

Looks like that scene where Minkowski says something about Sayid and Desmond having a friend on the boat is yet another clue to the popular theory thatMichael's the spy on the boat.

Can't wait for next week's ep.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Thank you Dajoker for reminding me to make my "focus points" episode post...

1. Daniel making Desmond his constant.
2. Widmore winning the journal.
3. Widmore leaving the faucet on
4. Widmore saying he doesn't dislike Desmond.
5. Jack and Daniel speaking about the helicopter, and how time might be different.
6. George dying.

Ok, I'm not getting it... can someone explain why is it important/shocking that Desmond is Daniel's constant?

I am not sure if I have ever posted on this thread. I usually goto aintitcoolnews to post what I believe but you guys have great and interestingpoints.
Great episode, reminded me a lot of Donnie Darko for some reason.

My view on the Desmond being Daniel's constant in the end:
Stick with me on this, I have it in my head but its just hard to come out. Daniel clearly told Desmond that the future cannot be changed. And now bypast Daniel writing it in his journal for future Daniel to see, maybe something did happen in that time frame for Daniel to prepare for this trip to the Islandbeing that he also knew way in advance hed be there? I just confused myself even more.

Another note that no one is talking about...who the hell opened the door??AAHHH was it Michael?

And that Iron Man trailer made me a believer that it might be good

im a newbie to this whole lost thing but right now im on season two...

my question is has anyone else not been able to go on abc.go.com to watch some epsiodes online? i usually watch at work but the site wasnt working and now itried it again at home and its still not working...anyone else having trouble?

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Thank you Dajoker for reminding me to make my "focus points" episode post...

1. Daniel making Desmond his constant.
2. Widmore winning the journal.
3. Widmore leaving the faucet on
4. Widmore saying he doesn't dislike Desmond.
5. Jack and Daniel speaking about the helicopter, and how time might be different.
6. George dying.

Ok, I'm not getting it... can someone explain why is it important/shocking that Desmond is Daniel's constant?

I am not sure if I have ever posted on this thread. I usually goto aintitcoolnews to post what I believe but you guys have great and interesting points.
Great episode, reminded me a lot of Donnie Darko for some reason.

My view on the Desmond being Daniel's constant in the end:
Stick with me on this, I have it in my head but its just hard to come out. Daniel clearly told Desmond that the future cannot be changed. And now by past Daniel writing it in his journal for future Daniel to see, maybe something did happen in that time frame for Daniel to prepare for this trip to the Island being that he also knew way in advance hed be there? I just confused myself even more.

Another note that no one is talking about...who the hell opened the door??AAHHH was it Michael?

And that Iron Man trailer made me a believer that it might be good

reference back to why he was crying...

nycknicks thanks for the info i got one question..

so the time travelling that was happening with Desmond was that actually all happening in one linear motion of time? Or was it just Desmond in the present timeremembering his past?
An amazing episode but could you please explain the time travelling Desmond did in this episode??
thankss

Originally Posted by duncarooos

so the time travelling that was happening with Desmond was that actually all happening in one linear motion of time? Or was it just Desmond in the present time remembering his past?
An amazing episode but could you please explain the time travelling Desmond did in this episode??
thankss

He switches through different time periods.

so the time travelling that was happening with Desmond was that actually all happening in one linear motion of time? Or was it just Desmond in the present time remembering his past?
thankss
so does that mean all the stuff that happened in 1996 already happened? or was he re-writing "history"?

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Teary eyed...
frown.gif

smh.gif
at myself
laugh.gif

Seriously i felt my eyes water up. That moment was so huge, i was just
frown.gif
. I'm so weak.
tired.gif
. But i've got to say that was one of myfavorite shows of LOST ever. I'm glad LOST is picking up speed.

^^you cant re-write history since that would constitute changing the future and Daniel said you cant change the future but then again why the hell did Danielhave a warning on his notebook which was obviously from the past.

The desmond and Penny scene was just so emotional. Almost made me cry. Penny reminds me of John Travolta

thankss
so does that mean all the stuff that happened in 1996 already happened? or was he re-writing "history"?

you cant re-write history...creates a parody.

thankss
you cant re-write history...creates a parody.
ah damn it to hell im still so confused
embarassed.gif

Crazy episode
eek.gif
eek.gif

I understood the meaning of the auction regarding the Black Rock journal. My question is, maybe I didn't catch it, I know they said it was the only knownobject that stemmed from it.. which ideally indicates that someone previous to the 815 survivors had been on the island and managed to get off from it. Right? Maybe I'm over-thinking it...

Now, about the faucet? I have no idea why he left it on...
nerd.gif

4. Scene where you see Ben get into Locke's head....when Locke is trying to bring him breakfast.
Ben has a way of getting into Locke's head. He did the same when he was locked up in the hatch and had Locke thinking Jack was telling himwhat to do, etc....

Dumb emotion at the end. Im sure everyone attached to this show like myself got hit emotionally. That Daniel dude gives me a bad @%@ feeling, I guess next weekwe will get a better idea #$! they are about. Jin & Sun flashback soon?

^^you cant re-write history since that would constitute changing the future and Daniel said you cant change the future but then again why the hell did Daniel have a warning on his notebook which was obviously from the past.
daniel didn't change history when he wrote in his notebook

daniel heeded his own words by saying you need to have a constant - something/someone that's very important to you, so you can judge what's in thepast/future

right when daniel met desmond - that meeting made desmond very important to daniel... i mean if you have a time traveler give you info on your big discovery,he's important to you.

not that long after, daniel must have written desmond is his constant in his notebook - IN CASE HE FORGETS

remember when desmond flew through the thunder clouds - dude "forgot" where he was / what time period he's in

so i'm guessing the same thing must have happened to Daniel, when he got to the island. After daniel learns about desmond's "side effect"he's reminded about something, looks through his journal, see that desmond's his constant, and IS now able to judge what time frame he's in

" you cant re-write history...creates a parody."
do you mean paradox, or do you really mean parody - since the creators said the idea of time travel and focusing paradoxes would be a cheesy plot

Originally Posted by craxyaznguy

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Teary eyed...
frown.gif

smh.gif
at myself
laugh.gif

Seriously i felt my eyes water up. That moment was so huge, i was just
frown.gif
. I'm so weak.
tired.gif
. But i've got to say that was one of my favorite shows of LOST ever. I'm glad LOST is picking up speed.

Thought it was just me
smh.gif
Well I didn't get teary but..you know.

Considering how late it is, and by the looks of it. Not too many people have responded. So im guessing it hasn't yet reached the masses.

This post has been edited, and i don't think this spoiler should be let out to anyone. It's just too big of a spoiler.

Apologize to the people below who has read my earlier post.

The desmond and Penny scene was just so emotional. Almost made me cry. Penny reminds me of John Travolta

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Now I'm not trying to spoil anything because this is a [widely-shared] theory, but it's pretty damn obvious that the spy is Michael. I mean, Ben toldhim to follow "these exact coordinates" or something on a TUGBOAT. He's not ending up in New York, at least not directly.

Now that whole thing about whether they'd end with episode 7 or 8... they chose to end up with 8 before the month break. I'm glad, because with thelikelihood of this theory, I'm guessing the "cliffhanger" at the end of episode 7 will be predictable.

I'm hyped to see the Orchid. Hopefully it answers questions about this whole time thing rather than raise more.

As for this episode, I'm not touching that whole Daniel thing. I'll just wait to have it laid out for me. There's all this back-and-forth-and-backthing, it's like being faced with 10 wires all tangled up.

Now I thought it's been established that Widmore was important. He, Sun's dad, and Jack's dad are all important, whether it be thematically or bysomething bigger.

One question (it might even be answered in a few weeks): what was up with the WATCH that Jin was bringing to LA? Is there a significance?

Back
Top Bottom