*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

i get wat your sayin its like jumpin over to the right line so to speak just by goin bac your missin of the furture. so to fix it you have to have something orsomeone to help you understand which line you need to get your furture self to that you made by goin bac rigt?

so does this mean you can only go bac in time(or maybe you can go ahead but you cant go past your death?)

jblack, I sent it.

ghost, that's pretty much it. You could go ahead in time too possibly but I haven't thought about that too much.

2119rh2.jpg

It looks like I was one of the "lucky" ones and missed the BIG spoiler.

With that said can someone send it to me please?
nerd.gif

I already read nyc's spoiler for next week might as well go all the way.
laugh.gif

As for the hottest girl of Lost discussion, I'll have to go with Naomi. She a cutie pie
happy.gif
and that accent....
devil.gif

Kate finishes a close second, she's a little on the skinny side but there's no denying her beauty.

First off, nyknicks did not type this out. He just confirmed that it was for the most part true. Rather thansending a bazillion people a PM, I think it would be a lot easier on everybody to just post it here. It's quite simple. If you want to read it, highlightbelow. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, THEN DON'T HIGHLIGHT!!! Pretty simple steps to follow on this fine Friday morning....capiche?

-------Highlight Below------

Okay, here's what I think.....

- we know the BLACK ROCK was lost at sea. At the auction, they were selling off the one known piece to have come from the boat, that has only been in thepossession of the Hanso family, a journal that later turned up in.... somewhere. Obviously, this journal has the approximate co-ordinates of the Island. Weknow Penny's dad bought the journal. Desmond gets into the round the world race (how does Mr. Whiddmore tie into getting him to do this again?), becauseWhiddmore is obviously hoping that Desmond would "find" the island, knowing that Penny still loved him, and would do anything to find him, especiallyafter the comment about him phoning her in 8 years.

Tonight started to make some pieces fall into place. Here's my new, grand unifying scheme...

- the journal from the Black Rock clued the Hanso family into the fact that something happens on the island that cures all ills, so they established the Dharmagroup, ostensibly to do paranormal-type research, but actually to use the island as a base for finding eternal life. Somewhere along the way, they got clued into Farraday's research in consciousness time travelling, and were trying to perfect it into full-body time travel (as evidenced by the short on the websitewith the teleporting rabbit). By isolating what the magic cure-all was, and perfecting time travel, you could create a perfect, eternal world.

- The Others are the survivors of the Black Rock, who realized what was going on with the Island, and don't want the secret to get out into the real world.The curative properties of the island basically ******s their aging process.

- Farraday figured out a way of limited time travelling, but it's obvious that it burns brain cells. Without an "anchor", you lose touch withreality, and slowly go insane (hence his being unable to remember why the Oceanic flight was so important... no anchor). Desmond is the key to this, becausethe information he provides to Farraday FROM Farraday allows him to perfect (or at least, make workable) the process. The experience has something to do withexposure to massive amounts of electromagnetism. Desmond would appear to be "the ultimate anchor" (since everyone who is affected by the psychosesknows him in some way, see also Farraday's note, "If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be MY anchor")

- Hanso's attempts to perfect the time travel process means there's a MASSIVE electromagnetic generator built on the island. The constant entering ofthe code kept the EM dampened, which allowed them to continue researching how the exposure to EM tied into the time travel. HOWEVER, since Desmond turned thekey, the Island has now become unhinged from time (a large-scale effect of Farraday's work). However, it has also created an electromagnet"anomaly", which prevents the island from being found except by following precise co-ordinates (significance unknown). This anomaly also affects theflow of time on the Island.

- Jacob and his cabin have also somehow become unhinged from the timestream. I'm not entirely sure how he fits into this. I'm going to go out on a BIGlimb here, and say that Jacob is Jacob from the Bible... and "Jacob's Ladder" was the earliest form of time travel discovered.

- The Boat is Whiddmore's attempts to find the island and harness it for his own nefarious purposes, under the auspices of helping Penny search forDesmond. He has figured out Farraday's significance, but Farraday is so burned from exposure and time jumping, that without the Island's healingproperties, he's a brain burn.

- Benjamin knows that he needs to discover the Island's secret, because it is the only thing that will prevent time travellers from "burningout". After "seeing" Jacob, and figuring out what was ging on with time travel, he decided to keep the secret for himself, and has duped theprotective Others into thinking he's doing the right thing. That's why he's so challenged by Locke... if Locke finds out the turth, Benjamin isdoomed.

- The exposure to the EM pulse that crashed the plane has "awakened" Hurley and Locke, and they have become "tied" to the Island.. Lockethrough his healing, Hurley through his freedom from bad luck.

- Walt has also become unhinged from time, but somehow, he can manipulate the effects better, since he already had "special powers" (see, the bird inthe window, polar bears, etc).

- So, in the future... Whiddmore is trying to find the Island. Hanso is trying to regain control of the Island. Benjamin is using Sayid to get rid ofopposition to him, because he has told Sayid (who knows about the anchor) that his friends have all become anchored to the Island, and if he doesn't helpBen find out the secret to the Island's curative powers.... they will all die. INCLUDING SAYID. Jack's increasing erratic behaviour (talking about hisfather like he's alive when he's bearded) is because he has no anchor anymore, and he wants to go back to the Island, because he knows it will only getworse. Hurley's visions of Charlie are because he has lost his anchor (Charlie? The Island?), and he knows it's all downhill for him too. Katedoesn't want to go back to the Island, because she has Aaron, who she pobably believes (because of Ben?) if the key to overcoming the time travel brainburn, and she's praying that she's not tied to the island.

- The coffin was DESMOND. With his death, as a critical anchor to Farraday, all hell begins to break lose.

Ideas?

EDIT: OOOH! OOOOH! OOOOH! I GOT IT! The Island is THE GARDEN OF EDEN! The two corpses from season one were ADAM AND EVE! That's why Jacob from the Bible isthere... "Jacob's Ladder" was really the first example of time travel. Somehow, Jacob managed to unhinge the Garden of Eden from the time streamthe first time he "climbed" Jacob's Ladder. The Island represents the point where the word of God made Man, and the healing powers of the islandare the residual effect. When Jacob was climbing the Ladder to Heaven, he ended up in the unhinged Heaven on Earth.... Eden.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DIDDD I HIGHLIGHTTTTTTTTTTHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

My life is over...

Please Please Please leave all spoiler talk to the black text.

I love coming in this thread and talking and reading about the show, but I refuse to read spoilers. Thanks everyone for trying their best to keep to the rules.

I definitely started thinking about how the Dr. started crying when he was seeing the plain crash, but didn't "know" why when I saw him connectwith Desmond.

I really loved this episode, I'll probably watch it again this weekend for fun.

i am officially done viewing this thread.

I know none of you don't care. Thanks NYCKNICKS for partially ruining the storyline for me with your "OH THEY'RE NOT SPOILERS" spoilers.Thanks for taking away the opportunity for me to come here and discuss a spoiler free lost with my fellow NT'ers. I'm starting to think you're 12.Say what you want, but for those who are in the same boat as me I recommend you do the same because NYCKNICKS is bound to "accidentally" post aspoiler again.

Originally Posted by duncarooos

i am officially done viewing this thread.

I know none of you don't care. Thanks NYCKNICKS for partially ruining the storyline for me with your "OH THEY'RE NOT SPOILERS" spoilers. Thanks for taking away the opportunity for me to come here and discuss a spoiler free lost with my fellow NT'ers. I'm starting to think you're 12. Say what you want, but for those who are in the same boat as me I recommend you do the same because NYCKNICKS is bound to "accidentally" post a spoiler again.

I understand you're unhappy man, but it's a message board. If it were illegal, nyknicks would have been in maximum security by now. He's beendoing this for two seasons and it just now becomes a problem? As for the huge spoiler posted. I think it's only correct in theory. It can't bewhat's going to happen verbatim because the guy said "This is what I think..." I know you say you're done with this thread, but you knowyou'll be back.

Yo, whywesteppin, mind sending me that spoiler. Much appreciated. Evangeline Lilly is
pimp.gif
. Next in line is Claire.
Thinking about it, all the women on LOST are wifey material. Damn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

That isn't even a spoiler...just a theory. There are tons of them out there.

I ain't buyin' it.

That theory puts everything into place tho and I am mad I read it.

Makes so much sense

I kinda stayed out of this thread this year because I don't want to be spoiled, but I just read through some of it (not all nycknicks posts), but I thinkI've got a pretty decent understanding of what it going to happen, but its just all theory on my part now - I kinda like it that way. Maybe by season 5 Iwill have had enough and come crawling back to nycknicks.

Anyways, the numbers are a constant for who? Hanso?

Back
Top Bottom