*Official LOST Season 4/5 Discussion Thread*

laugh.gif

putting
is not the same thing... I read fast, and before I tell my brain to stop reading, I have already read the first sentence... I was prettypissed about Hurley there for a sec.

I don't like the spoilers because I love the mystery of the show and love figuring it on my own or in discussions with my friends during commercials. Icouldn't just sit there quietly as people are throwing out their ideas, and I definitely wouldn't want to be spoon fed all the answers to the show. Ireally can't see how people could enjoy that.

wow... i have... err, had... a completely different theory worked up about who was in the coffin.... why wouldn't Kate want to go to *THAT* person'sfuneral as stated in the season premiere??? My theory is/was that it was Claire in the coffin and that on their way off the island, Claire experienced the"side effects" and knew nothing about Aaron and the other survivors or where she was or anything like Desmond, so she went crazy and they put her inan institute and finally died 4 yrs later from being rescued, and that's why Kate had Aaron and Jack was weirded out by the whole thing, and why Katewouldn't want to go the funeral, because it was Claire.

Why would it take so long for her to die? Well remember when Desmond was going back and forth? Well in 1996 he went catatonic for over 75 mins as Faraday said,but he was only gone for moments in the present 2004, so when Claire experiences the "side effects" rather than going back to the past, she stays inthe present or goes to the slight future where the process of this anomaly is slowed down (exponentially like Faraday says in 96) so she doesn't die asquick as George M. on the boat does..... i know it's crazy, but idk, this seems just as reasonable and the spoiler theory...

I think Mr. Windmore has it all planned out. I think he leaves the water running as a pre-cursor to the future events, that Desomnd will have to "put outthe fires" so to speak that Mr. Windmore has laid out in Desomnd's path of life, or path to getting Penny back... I think he says it's not himthat hates him because it's Penny that hates him, that's very apparent. Desmond broke his little girl's heart, he left the girl that"would've said yes if he's asked her to marry". Retribution must be had. Therefore, Windmore has this plan to fk Desmond's life up bygoing on this "Boat Race" ... and it's obvious that Penny had already expressed this hatred to Mr. Windmore, BUT her feelings change afterDesmond gets to her to ask for her number, and by then, it's too late, because Mr. Windmore's revenge has already been put into play...

Also, lemme just say that I would hate it if/when they brought back Michael. I hated his boring, whining character and he did nothing for the plot and storyline. I enjoyed saying "good riddance" when he left with Walt on that tug boat... I thought for sure that the spy was "Shar-lot". Ben seemsto know everything about everyone on the island, remember how Juliet has that file on Jack and reads out his whole life and how there's a file on Sawyerand Kate and Locke, well, there's obviously a file on Charlotte and Ben was "reading" it to Team Locke when they were about to cap him. How doeshe know all the information, because he "has a 'man' on the boat"... talk about an easy way to throw off the scent, word play is Ben'sforté... someone made the point earlier and i'd like to re-itterate it, why do you think Charlotte doesn't bat an eye when she sees Ben? I thinkit's because she's part of his original "Others" crew... and to tie this theory together, I think the person who opens the door on the boatis the heli pilot, after all, he told Sayid to trust him to help him, and call me naiive, but I do...

only thing I can say about the spoilers is that if you can make the connection with Windmore and the journal, then you can pretty much figure *it* out, thoughthe extra Jacob stuff is mind blowing... I wouldn't hate it if that's how the story went, though I think it's pretty far-fetched...

ah well... my two cents...

-jester

p.s. yuku sucks... seriously

Originally Posted by Swoshmn

laugh.gif

putting (spoiler) is not the same thing... I read fast, and before I tell my brain to stop reading, I have already read the first sentence... I was pretty pissed about Hurley there for a sec.

I don't like the spoilers because I love the mystery of the show and love figuring it on my own or in discussions with my friends during commercials. I couldn't just sit there quietly as people are throwing out their ideas, and I definitely wouldn't want to be spoon fed all the answers to the show. I really can't see how people could enjoy that.

The (spoiler) thing is actually supposed to look like this...
Spoiler [+]
see... it actually gives you a chance to read it.

Hmm. i read the spoilers but I will 4get real soon. I swear if Claire gets killed i will go crazy. You cannot kill my precious baby Claire. Sexiest chick onLOST next to Gabriela.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Originally Posted by Swoshmn

laugh.gif

putting (spoiler) is not the same thing... I read fast, and before I tell my brain to stop reading, I have already read the first sentence... I was pretty pissed about Hurley there for a sec.

I don't like the spoilers because I love the mystery of the show and love figuring it on my own or in discussions with my friends during commercials. I couldn't just sit there quietly as people are throwing out their ideas, and I definitely wouldn't want to be spoon fed all the answers to the show. I really can't see how people could enjoy that.

The (spoiler) thing is actually supposed to look like this...
Spoiler [+]
see... it actually gives you a chance to read it.

Thank you.... I missspeleed "spoiler" on purpose as a joke....

Spoiler [+]
jblack is never going to be a mod here, and neither will I.

I don't think the person named in the coffin is the person in the coffin.........lets leave it at that...lol

And Kate is the hottest girl on LOST.....Evie is so gorgeous......Claire is a cutey though..

And the meeting with Desmond and Dan in the second coming of 1994 didn't happen the first time around....I don't think.

Sexiest chick on LOST next to Gabriela.
If that was the girl who kissed Jack right after her father died during surgery, then I agree... she was the best looking girl on lost - thoughnot a constant character.

Hello fellow lost thread people,

im so scared of going into this post now that spoilers are running a rampant, i clicked on page 45 and it said something about spoilage of who was in thecoffin and now im shook being spoiled.

I propose someone make a new LOST thread or something that is FREE of spoilers and just theories and discussion, im really into this show, but my friends andfam arent into it.

I will no longer venture into this post until the end of the season finale, but oh well, ill live.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by duncarooos

i gotta say one last thing.
this group seems to be divided into two groups.
1. Those who want to come in here and just discuss stuff that was on the show without any spoilers.. like myself and swoshmn. Then there's...
2. Those who aren't damn patient enough to sit through this show and watch it without getting all the spoilers you can from mr. nycknicks.

For 2. by all means.. this thread is for you since you got your mr. nycknicks providing you with all the spoilers.
For 1. I guarantee you, NYCknicks will post in here something in the future to ruin and spoil your lost experience.

nycknicks posting all the spoilers in black font is fine but it becomes a problem when people who just HAVE to look at the spoilers start "DISCUSSING" them.

So all of a sudden I'm the bad guy??? Dude its just a show..dont get all worked up about it...now your the one acting "12 years old"...

sorry im kinda drunk rite now lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
noo i never said u bad guy
its just u kerep o posting spoiler after sspoiler even though ppl told u to stop.
lost is not just a show. lost is the shiznit bes thing in western civilization // bill walton

ur good guy

Originally Posted by aRog27

I was thinking the same thing Juicy. I like having one huge discussion on the board, but lately it's been a bit more problematic.

There are those who don't care about being "spoiled", some absolutely want nothing to do with it, and some want to know everything. If someone posts a theory that they've worked up, it feels good when someone confirms your thoughts. Which is what happened with that mini essay that was posted last night.

Now as a result, a bunch of us have this information that we can't openly talk about, whether or not its 100% accurate.

We basically need to stop asking NYC questions. He knows more than 99% of us, and a simple "yes" to a question half-way down the page can ruin a part of the show for someone.

I'm not saying it's a huge deal or that NYC is intentionally ruining it, but the option to be "spoiled" needs to be made more clear. That being said, I don't think NYC wants 25 pms a night about LOST, or maybe he wouldn't mind. The writing in black text is useful and maybe it should be used more. You have to censor yourself a little more NYC.

All of us do.

he is right, i dont want 25 pm's a night. Which im already getting...I have tried to answer everyone's messages, and continue to do so. But I donot in anyway try to intentionally spoil the show for anyone. My apologizes to the people who are upset.

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

yeah. the spoliers are cool for those who want to read.
but when he says things like "someone dies next week"
without any warning it ruins things.

nyc should just blacken all his posts in this thread and we'll be straight.

laugh.gif

I'm seriously considering this notion...

sorry im kinda drunk rite now lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
noo i never said u bad guy
its just u kerep o posting spoiler after sspoiler even though ppl told u to stop.
lost is not just a show. lost is the shiznit bes thing in western civilization // bill walton

ur good guy
The most sincere and heartfelt comment in all of message board history.
laugh.gif

EDIT: I'm so happy that I've been following along in this whole thread and have not been spoiled yet. I'm going to pat myself on the back now.

Seriously though NYC..........you blackenizing your posts.......would solve a lot.

Or just ask yourself....."Would someone who does not want to be spoiled be upset if they read this?"

We don't need separate threads man.

We all love LOST here and we can find a peaceful resolution. We're a family, and all families have their scuffles. Everyone's mad at NYC, but he'sa good dude. He may slip up a little too often, but he means well.

laugh.gif
its kind of outrageous that nyc would blacken out all posts. how aboutcomments that are not even related to LOST...

^^ Yeah cause not everything that you post is a spoiler. a lot of it is just good information or insight as to what to look out for or what is important andwhat is not.

I'd say just black out any sort of spoiler talk... not only NYC but everyone who comments on them...

Yall are really gonna make this guy blacken all of his posts? For the love of God, if you dont want to be spoiled dont read what he says. I come in here not toread all the nonsense the rest of you write, I look SPECIFICALLY for NYC's posts. All you have to do is do the exact opposite. If you see he postssomething dont read it. Its up to everyone else not to repeat what he says in their posts and you will all survive.

laugh.gif
at now all NYKnicks posts are murdered out.

I don't think you need to do that, and I wouldn't want you to do that. There are plenty of times where you do not reveal a spoiler, but you help withpeople resolving their own theories or quetions without giving the actual 100% truth away. That's awesome and why I don't just skip all of your posts.

As long as everyone blacks out things that are actual verbatim spoilers, were good.

Someone should send this thread to the producers of Lost, they would get a kick out of a message board about collecting Nike's would be in such heavydebate and interest into Lost.

23ska = un-spoiled and disease-free

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I just read through the thread since the last episode (because I had to tape it and watch it this afternoon), and I managed to miss all the spoilers.
smokin.gif

All I know is something about someone saying something like 'Someone dies next week. Sucks, 'cause she was hot' and Swosh saying something like'I was pissed reading that about Hurley' (he was replying about how typing '
' doesn't work, because the reader still manages tocatch a piece of something they might not want to, like whatever he caught about Hurley, and whatever it was, I don't want to know).

I do wish that people were more respectful of the fact that not everyone watches the show the same way, or in the same time (
wink.gif
), but whatever; that'swhy I just don't post in the thread much. I don't want to be spoiled, and I don't want to say anything that ruin things for those on the WestCoast.

I wish we could have four threads: #1- 'Lost: Spoilers Allowed, East Coast'; #2- 'Lost: Spoilers NOT Allowed, East Coast'; #3- 'Lost:Spoilers Allowed, West Coast'; and #4- 'Lost: Spoilers NOT Allowed, West Coast', but that would just be ******ed.
laugh.gif

It'd be nice, though.
ohwell.gif

How about everyone here just follows one general rule???? When you are about to post a spoiler, either blacken your texts or do the spoiler code where itallows you to click the plus sign to expose the text. That way, everyone can read the spoiler if they make the decision to and not read the spoiler if theydon't want to. If you want to discuss the spoiler, do so through PM's with whoever revealed the spoiler so to speak. It's really simple and peopleare getting all bent out of shape over this. It's not that serious. It all boils down to this: some people like the element of surprise and some don't.Allow us to make that choice.

Ska.

Hurley is one of the Oceanic 6, so obviously he's not dieing next week, the guy was just showing an example, and I was just showing how that reallydoesn't work too well.

And yeah, please use black text only

Back
Top Bottom