OFFICIAL MADDEN 2010 THREAD VOL. JUST GOT MY COPY! *Scene Heads* Will be online tonight!!!!

soundtrack seems kinda interesting i guess, its weird how they have some older stuff in there like the 2pac and rage against the machine

madden soundtracks in general though
pimp.gif
ive found a lot of good music on those actually haha

Been playing this demo a lot lately. I have to say I am impressed with what they've done with the presentation and how the players look. I was straightgoing
eek.gif
the entire time. As for the game play, I was somewhat impressed. It's just a little TOO slow for my taste, and the passing and kicking are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Couldn't even make a @%@#%#@ 37 yard field goal. And sometimes the passing was ridiculously off, I mean come on... if Eli or Tony can't throw anaccurate screen pass, who can?! Well obviously Peyton Manning and Tom Brady can. But it just seems to me that some teams might have an unfair advantage overanother, such as if someone were to play as the vikings. If the other team shuts down AD then you're left passing with T Jackson, who can't throw worth%@#^.

Okay, rant/blog over.

lets setup the league now ive been wanting to do a league with nt folk for quite a while

dibs on the Steelers
smile.gif

lets setup the league now ive been wanting to do a league with nt folk for quite a while

dibs on the Steelers
smile.gif

Played the demo last night.

eek.gif

I honestly wasn't even trying to win. The visuals and presentation were on point. And the gameplay has def slowed down, which is a good thing.

When its all said and done, this could be the best Madden to date. And to think its only gonna get better.
happy.gif

Pass. Same garbage as last year... Different camera angles and "Pro-tak"...

The PS2� version is going to be the best again for the 9th consecutive year...

It's like a hustle, they took every decent thing about 2005 away from PS2/Xbox, and are slowly adding it back year after year...

k51xuc.gif

When is Madden going to be like this? In Madden, weebles wobble but the don't fall down.

My Best Buy just set up the full game on one of their Flat screens. Played the full game for like an hour. Graphics/presentation/etc on point. The game isEXTREMELY realistic. Almost too realistic IMO because it's just not as fun.

I won't be buying. I'm good with NCAA 10 because it's just more fun to play to me than madden.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

My Best Buy just set up the full game on one of their Flat screens. Played the full game for like an hour. Graphics/presentation/etc on point. The game is EXTREMELY realistic. Almost too realistic IMO because it's just not as fun.

I won't be buying. I'm good with NCAA 10 because it's just more fun to play to me than madden.
eyes.gif
That's football. Football isn't SportsCenter'stop 10 for 2 hours.You go back and forth until you find a whole in the defense. It's not about quick strikes - unless somebody calls a stupid coverage,blows a play on the ball or a tackle. That's the pay off. Realism is fun; It's not either or. When you know what to look for, and it's there, and ucatch the defense, that's fun. I played my brother, and I put up points early and from there my Offense was a snooze fest until the 4th. 4th Qtr come, Oneon One bomb to Fitz for the TD after going through 2 other reads, Kick Return down the left sideline - I stayed with my blockers down the middle of the fieldtil the last second and bounced it out. Stiff armed one dude when I got to the edge, and just loopty-loop another dude with a blocker out in front with me
laugh.gif
. I still loss; couldn't get the onside, but that felt like someSuper Bowl *$*@
laugh.gif
. Madden isn't boring.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Been playing this demo a lot lately. I have to say I am impressed with what they've done with the presentation and how the players look. I was straight going
eek.gif
the entire time. As for the game play, I was somewhat impressed. It's just a little TOO slow for my taste, and the passing and kicking are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Couldn't even make a @%@#%#@ 37 yard field goal. And sometimes the passing was ridiculously off, I mean come on... if Eli or Tony can't throw an accurate screen pass, who can?! Well obviously Peyton Manning and Tom Brady can. But it just seems to me that some teams might have an unfair advantage over another, such as if someone were to play as the vikings. If the other team shuts down AD then you're left passing with T Jackson, who can't throw worth %@#^.

Okay, rant/blog over.
That might be the snow and the wind; the Super Bowl demo is not as slow as that G-Men-Cowboys joint.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

My Best Buy just set up the full game on one of their Flat screens. Played the full game for like an hour. Graphics/presentation/etc on point. The game is EXTREMELY realistic. Almost too realistic IMO because it's just not as fun.

eyes.gif
That's football. Football isn't SportsCenter's top 10 for 2 hours.You go back and forth until you find a whole in the defense. It's not about quick strikes - unless somebody calls a stupid coverage, blows a play on the ball or a tackle. That's the pay off. Realism is fun; It's not either or. When you know what to look for, and it's there, and u catch the defense, that's fun. I played my brother, and I put up points early and from there my Offense was a snooze fest until the 4th. 4th Qtr come, One on One bomb to Fitz for the TD after going through 2 other reads, Kick Return down the left sideline - I stayed with my blockers down the middle of the field til the last second and bounced it out. Stiff armed one dude when I got to the edge, and just loopty-loop another dude with a blocker out in front with me
laugh.gif
. I still loss; couldn't get the onside, but that felt like some Super Bowl *$*@
laugh.gif
. Madden isn't boring.

It has nothing to do with scoring. The defense is much improved in Madden and that's one of the main things I like about it. The gameplay is just a lotslower. It's a simulation so it's supposed to be realistic...it's the most realistic and simulation-like Madden yet by far. But that doesn'tmean it's the most fun to play or the best. At then end of the day....I play video games for fun. The gameplay just feels slow and that's not fun tome. Madden is only fun for me when I'm playing my friends. Whereas with NCAA I can play the CPU, friends, Xbox Live, whatever...and it's still fun ashell. Just can't say the same for Madden.

I did house a PR and a KR with Hester though.
laugh.gif
I played with the Bears. He scored all 3 of my TD's and I still won. Took a 5 yd slant to the house.
pimp.gif
Jay Cutler had like 5 picks though.

everybody that saying its slow is justed used to that crackhead speed few the past few years

even the fastest dudes in the NFL need more then 4 secs to run 40yards dudes was running 40yards before you finished a 3 step drop.

It's gonna be funny when NT hypes this game up and then realizes its garbage 2 weeks later.

Last year I got Madden for the first time in 4 yrs and it was complete trash. That above video about Parker vs. Dockett was my absolute, #1 pet peeve withMadden 09. Regardless of the advantage the defensive player has over the offensive player, the offensive player will gain yards after the initial contact 80%of the time. I would go and attempt to sack a QB, only for the QB to break 3 tackles and make the completion.

Another problem on D is WRs getting open, regardless of the defensive coverage. There were times when I literally triple-teamed Randy Moss or T.O. and theystill broke free for an 80 yd TD.

Madden is still too unrealistic. We should have extremely high expectations for games that are being sold for $60+. EA Sports continues to sell mass copies ofthese games based off of hype, not merit.

Madden has been crap since 2005.

YES! now youre actually going to have to know how to play football to win in madden ... you will have to read a defense ... you wont be able to bomb it up tomoss every play ... everyone mad because its too real now ... LOL

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Been playing this demo a lot lately. I have to say I am impressed with what they've done with the presentation and how the players look. I was straight going
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Couldn't even make a @%@#%#@ 37 yard field goal. And sometimes the passing was ridiculously off, I mean come on... if Eli or Tony can't throw an accurate screen pass, who can?! Well obviously Peyton Manning and Tom Brady can. But it just seems to me that some teams might have an unfair advantage over another, such as if someone were to play as the vikings. If the other team shuts down AD then you're left passing with T Jackson, who can't throw worth %@#^.

Okay, rant/blog over.
That might be the snow and the wind; the Super Bowl demo is not as slow as that G-Men-Cowboys joint.
Alright, that is very good news.

But anyone on the Madden Franchise? Anyone? Or am I gonna have to start this thing myself...

nerd.gif

The guy with the youtube video's breaking down the tackles is pretty funny. I would really like the developers of Madden to explain how it was possible forRoddy White to break a THREE man tackle, not only break it but leave three defenders laying on the ground. Yes, the graphics for Madden 2010 do look nice. Iguess this is what happens when EA Sports has a monopoly on the football video game market. Fantastic business plan by EA though as they have been makingcomplete garbage for the 360 and PS3 since the inception of "next-gen" consoles, yet every year they continue to "make improvements" on agame that's been pretty much garbage since its inception on "next-gen". It is sad when I'm better off buying the PS2 version and just playingthat on my PS3. The passing is just horrible on the demo but it's good to know that you can finally run the ball on Madden again since the defense linemanaren't as fast as the running backs this year.

Back
Top Bottom