Official Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito - November 13th, 2010 9pm - Dallas Cowboys Stadium

Originally Posted by JUS3

Karma is a ++!$%.

So true^
I don't see Mayweather beating Pacquiao based off the fact that I think neither will be able to knock each other out (mayweather doesn't have the power, Pacquiao won't hit him clean). That fight would probably play out like Hopkins/Calzaghe but more 1 sided, with Mayweather maybe getting some effective lead right hands in, but losing bc of Pacquiao's punch output and him being unwilling to trade punches.

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

eek.gif

210fthj.jpg

sick.gif

Might have to put on my flame suit here, but...

How can anybody give Pac-Man credit for his performance? Was it really that impressive? Impressive that he beat up on a fighter who has looked extra ordinary in 3 fights since being caught. Margarito looking the way he has is only further proof that he has probably been using plaster for years.

And the whole __ belts in __ divisions storyline...any true fan of the sport knows that Titles mean NOTHING these days...thanks to all the behind the scenes corruption that goes on...I'm lookin' at you, WBC.

How can anybody give Pac-Man credit for his performance? Was it really that impressive? Impressive that he beat up on a fighter who has looked extra ordinary in 3 fights since being caught. Margarito looking the way he has is only further proof that he has probably been using plaster for years.

And the whole __ belts in __ divisions storyline...any true fan of the sport knows that Titles mean NOTHING these days...thanks to all the behind the scenes corruption that goes on...I'm lookin' at you, WBC.

Should've stopped the fight earlier. Much respect to pacquiao for taking it easy the last round, there was no need to damage him anymore.

Should've stopped the fight earlier. Much respect to pacquiao for taking it easy the last round, there was no need to damage him anymore.

Originally Posted by candyman

I don't know what has been said in the thread since I didn't keep up but this fight had to have been rigged. I mean why would bob arum the promoter to both Pacquiao and margarito really risk loosing hundreds of millions of dollars if Pac had lost. Mayweather would have had a field day with comments to not fight Pac and would be on his "i told you he was nothing, Im still undefeated he just lost why should we fight". Im guessing Arum gave Margarito money under the table, talking millions of course, making Pac the winner so that everyone could ride Pac's huevos and the media calling mayweather out to fight Pac. Im not saying Pac would not have been able to beat him cause i think it would have at least been a closer fight but come on margarito was doing nothing the whole fight, yes pac was definitely faster quicker all that but to beat him to a pulp and Pac hardly had any damage, margarito has fought bigger and stronger fighters such as paul williams and he didn't even get beat during that fight he lost but it was a close fight. Whatever maybe its just me hating on Pac.

Oh yea where were all the filipino fans when pac was going through war with marquez and barrera? All of a sudden ya'll show up? Ya'll bunch of bandwagons!

maybe i should get a blog
nah, just slap yourself instead and delete your membership.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by candyman

I don't know what has been said in the thread since I didn't keep up but this fight had to have been rigged. I mean why would bob arum the promoter to both Pacquiao and margarito really risk loosing hundreds of millions of dollars if Pac had lost. Mayweather would have had a field day with comments to not fight Pac and would be on his "i told you he was nothing, Im still undefeated he just lost why should we fight". Im guessing Arum gave Margarito money under the table, talking millions of course, making Pac the winner so that everyone could ride Pac's huevos and the media calling mayweather out to fight Pac. Im not saying Pac would not have been able to beat him cause i think it would have at least been a closer fight but come on margarito was doing nothing the whole fight, yes pac was definitely faster quicker all that but to beat him to a pulp and Pac hardly had any damage, margarito has fought bigger and stronger fighters such as paul williams and he didn't even get beat during that fight he lost but it was a close fight. Whatever maybe its just me hating on Pac.

Oh yea where were all the filipino fans when pac was going through war with marquez and barrera? All of a sudden ya'll show up? Ya'll bunch of bandwagons!

maybe i should get a blog
nah, just slap yourself instead and delete your membership.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Roach:
"He's a very tough guy," Roach said of Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs). "I was surprised how tough he was. He has the worst corner. They probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight."
EXACTLY

also, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career

how though..handwraps has nothing to do with him being tough...
i knew he was tough after he took that beating from cotto and came back to win it...we'll never know if he used plaster handwraps for all his fights, only speculation.
So as is hands harden throughout a fight, it wouldn't assist him?  You pair a granite chin with plaster in the gloves, you have a dangerous fighter.  So he can take your best, which he has proved, and he starts throwing bricks in the later rounds?  His handwraps perpetuated the myth of him being this force.  He was beating guys down because by the time you were done hitting him with your fists he put a roll of quarters in his hand and fought back

wraps would assist him only on offense, but his chin is crazy, his toughness is crazy..he didn't use those wraps this fight, but took a 12 round beating and didn't want to quit. broke his face and didn't want to quit. wraps have nothing to do with his toughness. I'm strictly talking about him being able to take a beating and keep moving forward, and keep wanting to fight...

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Roach:
"He's a very tough guy," Roach said of Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs). "I was surprised how tough he was. He has the worst corner. They probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight."
EXACTLY

also, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career

how though..handwraps has nothing to do with him being tough...
i knew he was tough after he took that beating from cotto and came back to win it...we'll never know if he used plaster handwraps for all his fights, only speculation.
So as is hands harden throughout a fight, it wouldn't assist him?  You pair a granite chin with plaster in the gloves, you have a dangerous fighter.  So he can take your best, which he has proved, and he starts throwing bricks in the later rounds?  His handwraps perpetuated the myth of him being this force.  He was beating guys down because by the time you were done hitting him with your fists he put a roll of quarters in his hand and fought back

wraps would assist him only on offense, but his chin is crazy, his toughness is crazy..he didn't use those wraps this fight, but took a 12 round beating and didn't want to quit. broke his face and didn't want to quit. wraps have nothing to do with his toughness. I'm strictly talking about him being able to take a beating and keep moving forward, and keep wanting to fight...

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

6 inches and 17lb difference and he deserves no credit...ur such an idiot
its not about titles either, its about going toe to toe against anyone you possibly can regardless of ht., division, and wt....and coming up on top.
the titles are a bonus.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

6 inches and 17lb difference and he deserves no credit...ur such an idiot
its not about titles either, its about going toe to toe against anyone you possibly can regardless of ht., division, and wt....and coming up on top.
the titles are a bonus.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

lso, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career
naw i still think he started after the paul williams fight

What makes you say that?  Wasnt the Kermy fight before Punisher?

he fought him twice. the 1st fight was before PW and the 2nd one after

i say he started after because both PW and Clottey went 12 rounds with him and didnt have there faces all busted it. after that fight margarito find some new power

ESTO.

lso, IMO this is further evidence Margarito used those plaster handwraps basically his entire career
naw i still think he started after the paul williams fight

What makes you say that?  Wasnt the Kermy fight before Punisher?

he fought him twice. the 1st fight was before PW and the 2nd one after

i say he started after because both PW and Clottey went 12 rounds with him and didnt have there faces all busted it. after that fight margarito find some new power

ESTO.

It was an awesome performance by Manny yesterday. But he looked beat at the end. If I was Manny, I would retire. He's has nothing to prove now, even though I would like to see a PBF vs Pac fight.

Got to give some credit to tony for staying in and not wanting to give up. He has heart. But still a cheat.

Let see if everybody wish comes true next year. PBF vs Pac in June 2011. . .
nerd.gif

It was an awesome performance by Manny yesterday. But he looked beat at the end. If I was Manny, I would retire. He's has nothing to prove now, even though I would like to see a PBF vs Pac fight.

Got to give some credit to tony for staying in and not wanting to give up. He has heart. But still a cheat.

Let see if everybody wish comes true next year. PBF vs Pac in June 2011. . .
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom