Official March Madness Thread

The rule is there... if anybody can show evidence of those same refs not calling it in that game when the rule is broken, then we have a different story.

Just because other refs haven't been calling it throughout the year doesn't mean these refs shouldn't or can't. The rule is there, and instead of getting on the refs for calling "such a crucial violation when the game is on the line" get on the player for committing such an ill-advised violation that he could very well get called for with his team's season on the line.

For the record I had Xavier losing, so it's not like I'm defending my pick.

In one of the challenges I'm in the admin had Mizzou in the National Championship game.. I called him last night, and didn't say a word just laughed, and he knew exactly why I called.

I just came in to say I NEVER want to hear Buckeye slander from a Duke fan EVER again. 
Lehigh though???? 
roll.gif

Austin Rivers is going to go pro for sure now. 
laugh.gif

Go Buckeyes!!!! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

In one of the challenges I'm in the admin had Mizzou in the National Championship game.. I called him last night, and didn't say a word just laughed, and he knew exactly why I called.

Best story ever. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Best story ever. 
laugh.gif

Kansas State will be even better next year... losing Samuels but hanging on to McGruder, Spradling, Henriquez, and Angel Rodriguez (who will be a Sophomore and had somewhat of a mini coming out party in this tournament).

Probably will be a 5 or 6 seed.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Best story ever. 
surprised there wasn't a trade scenario in that story

What the hell CBS? I gotta be subjected to Reggie for A STRAIGHT FOUR HOURS? We could prevent every terrorist attack for the next three decades using this strategy.
Anyway...

Man I was so
sick.gif
 when Mizzou lost yesterday. So sick. But if you watched more than a handful of their games, it wasn't shocking. They couldn't rebound for *@%%. I saw them in Columbia when they beat Baylor last month and Baylor had approximately 600 million offensive rebounds (unofficial). The thing is, Mizzou shot 600% from three (also unofficial).

Look, I love guard play. But you need at least one tall *** clumsy dude who knows how to box out. Therefore your smallest player isn't forced into a jump ball ON A DEFENSIVE FREE THROW REBOUND. 

Inexcusable.

You force an airball on the most critical possession in the game, then give up an offensive rebound and 3 point play? 

You deserve to lose. 

Period.

Feel bad for Pressey the younger though. Kid showed up, carried them, almost buried the miracle three. So glad he stayed instead of bailing with his old coach.

Anyway, I hate Duke even more than I hate Kansas (blame Jordan). So that was a bit of Novocaine for the soul. It also swept Mizzou into the dustbin of history. Everyone will always remember the OTHER 2/15 upset now.

Thanks dookies.

I'm out.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Very entertaining game so far.

Great matchup. Lots of offense. Much crisper than the first game. 

EDIT: Though Scoop was pretty spectacular in that second half.

Man, I wish this game remained closer, but Gonzaga starting to grind a little bit.

Thing about having your bracket nuked in the first round* is that you can root for underdogs all the way down.

---

*Yes. It is. Those previous contests are PLAY-IN games. No matter how the NCAA brands it...

Was not a huge fan of John when he was in the league (Bulls fan). But David has played great out there today. Gonzaga in trouble right now though.

Damn. Nice save. Good hustle. Out of bounds, unfortunately, for OSU...

Tough hill to climb for the Zags. 40 seconds, down 5.

Back
Top Bottom