**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Jay would never be bigger than drake because pop is always gonna be bigger than rap. Bartolomeo from Connecticut can't relate to vol 1 but views might be right up his alley. But let's not act like camel wasn't huge even back then. He's as big as it gets as a rapper, dude had mj on stage, sold reebok, made dudes wear button ups etc.

If "Bartolomeo" was from certain parts of Hartford, Bridgeport, or New Haven, he'd relate to Vol. 1 just fine :lol:

^ of course . I'm just saying the ground work had to be laid for that to happen . like there may not be a drake had it not been for a tribe , then 3000 , then a ye ect 

yo in a weird way drake is like the revenge of pm dawn :lol:

:lol:

I bet 40 could do magical things with a "Reality Used to Be a Friend of Mine" sample :pimp:

Last edited:
Drake Jay comparison is dumb. They're different kinds of artists in a different musical climate.

Yall comparing a pop star in 2016 who really started on the internet with instant possibility of global exposure to a ***** who been making music since pre-56k. Drake obviously "bigger" but it's likely due to the time period and the type of music he makes.

If Jay came out around the same time as Drake he wouldn't have been as big. If Drake came out back when Jay was really killin **** he wouldnt have gone anywhere, especially if that ghostwriting stuff came to light. The internet helped propel Drake to where he is.

Jay made dudes change their entire wardrobe with a single song before most ****** were on high speed internet :smh:
What are you saying ...

**** makes no sense when Nelly wasn't even rapping and Ja Rules biggest hits are more on the pop side. Drake sad would of have had a lane and very successful. The same thing with Jay Z .. If do was coming to his prime now he def would of have been big especially since today's rap hip-hop is so weak ... That's why the J Coles Kendricks Meeks (certain bangers) are successful because they ain't this trap BS.

I simply have no idea why Jay didn't give this ***** advice on how to move, or maybe Meek just doesn't listen because he's seems to be liked by too many OG's and Boss ****** to not have gotten a talk a few times.

close with Hov, Ross, Jeezy, Diddy & still mismanaged this beef like crazy & then continued to move dumb way after it

He's just part of Jay's management group.

I'm sure he doesn't have time to babysit a near 30 year old man child.

Look at Kanye. Don't you think people have told him about himself? It hasn't stopped him.

His bad decisions have seemed to begun with the Nicki involvement. People say what a great businesswoman she is, so it seems like she would give him better guidance. Maybe they look at this as like the Kardashian's, any sort of attention is good for the brand.

maybe meek just doesn't give a **** because as we can see

him being himself hasn't altered his lifestyle in real life not one bit

Meek and thug been together for about a week, hope we get some more digits esque tracks

Drake Jay comparison is dumb. They're different kinds of artists in a different musical climate.

Yall comparing a pop star in 2016 who really started on the internet with instant possibility of global exposure to a ***** who been making music since pre-56k. Drake obviously "bigger" but it's likely due to the time period and the type of music he makes.

If Jay came out around the same time as Drake he wouldn't have been as big. If Drake came out back when Jay was really killin **** he wouldnt have gone anywhere, especially if that ghostwriting stuff came to light. The internet helped propel Drake to where he is.

Jay made dudes change their entire wardrobe with a single song before most ****** were on high speed internet :smh:
What are you saying ...

**** makes no sense when Nelly wasn't even rapping and Ja Rules biggest hits are more on the pop side. Drake sad would of have had a lane and very successful. The same thing with Jay Z .. If do was coming to his prime now he def would of have been big especially since today's rap hip-hop is so weak ... That's why the J Coles Kendricks Meeks (certain bangers) are successful because they ain't this trap BS.

I'm saying the comparison is stupid mf you can't read?

Nelly wasn't rapping? Yall dudes goofy as hell on here :lol:

Today's rap and hip hop isn't all weak, the majority just don't want to hear **** that really should be promoted as rap so the biggest acts are weak/sing songy BS/pop dudes masquerading as rappers.

This is what happens when you tryna play both sides

This _ thought he would run to Game and every thing was gonna be all good :lol: :smh:

Game got some clownish ways but he ain't a dummy or a sucka

Beans on the phone sounding jealous as hell talking about what Meek ain't did for him, ***** you grown :smh:

Last edited:

Today's rap and hip hop isn't all weak, the majority just don't want to hear **** that really should be promoted as rap so the biggest acts are weak/sing songy BS/pop dudes masquerading as rappers.
why you have to call me a MF?

Bottom line is bot Drake and Jay could of have been big on each other's era.

Tell me a mega hit that Nelly had were he was spitting bars and rapping ....FOH.

Dudes want to come in here and dictated well guys here's the thing .. These guys wouldn't survive in that era ... How the fuxk do you know? Now that's ******* dumb ...

Last edited:
This is what happens when you tryna play both sides

This _ thought he would run to Game and every thing was gonna be all good :lol: :smh:

Game got some clownish ways but he ain't a dummy or a sucka

Beans on the phone sounding jealous as hell talking about what Meek ain't did for him, ***** you grown :smh:
:lol: out here looking like a lil high school girl man. Beans need to release a fire *** mixtape to cleanse my mind of the **** he doing now.

Wait did I just read that drake is remotely ******* with jay on a popularity level...?????

why you have to call me a MF?

Bottom line is bot Drake and Jay could of have been big on each other's era.

Tell me a mega hit that Nelly had were he was spitting bars and rapping ....FOH.

Dudes want to come in here and dictated well guys here's the thing .. These guys wouldn't survive in that era ... How the fuxk do you know? Now that's ******* dumb ...

Man what are you talking about :lol: Yeah they could have been but I doubt it.

Nelly didn't have a mega hit spitting bars = he's not a rapper? He not even a "bars" rapper first off.

And Hot In Herr was a #1 song. Does that count? :lol:

Can I Get A
Hard Knock Life
Big Pimpin
I Just Wanna Love U

and several others were Top 20 BB Hot 100 songs.

Just because they don't sound like Pop records doesn't mean they weren't massive.

Jay hasn't been that hot commercially since VOL.2 going to VOL.3 (look at da track origins)

i always found it fascinating that Hova stans distain Vol. 2 when it was da album that created this Jay-Z Messiah complex of invincibility because it sold so well in 1998 (and its still his best selling album to date)

Nelly didn't have a mega hit spitting bars = he's not a rapper? He not even a "bars" rapper first off.

I'm not understanding you ... So if Nelly EI Hit in Here etc are consider rap songs then I don't see how Drake wouldn't have been successful in that era .. Etc what I'm trying to say ...

Thanks.

I'm not understanding you ... So if Nelly EI Hit in Here etc are consider rap songs then I don't see how Drake wouldn't have been successful in that era .. Etc what I'm trying to say ...

Thanks.

Let me rephrase my "not gone anywhere" to "not be compared to MJ or Jay Z". Especially with all the back story we have now about dude.

I don't get what you're arguing, my original point is the Jay and Drake comparison is stupid :lol:

Let me rephrase my "not gone anywhere" to "not be compared to MJ or Jay Z". Especially with all the back story we have now about dude.

I don't get what you're arguing, my original point is the Jay and Drake comparison is stupid :lol:
you said that they wouldn't be successful in ea others era ...And again the people that cater to Drake don't give suck if he writes or not ... Hell no one have or gives a duck about the Fraud that Rick Ross is ... So what are we saying ... No one cares ...

But whatever ... I'm done with this dumb ****.

Wouldn't be as successful. But iight :lol:

People much more willing to let fraudulence pass these days [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Wouldn't be as successful. But iight
laugh.gif

People much more willing to let fraudulence pass these days [emoji]128064[/emoji]
not really - but it seems that you just content to know it all 

got it .... 

Like Milli Vanilli never happened!

Back
Top Bottom